Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness (4060 Views)

DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! / Urine Therapy - Perfect Cure for all Sickness / Bald Head , What Are The Natural Remedy: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness by babanne(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
It is said that about 70% to 85% of pregnant women have the symptoms of morning sickness. Such symptoms include the following:
• nausea
• vomiting
• loss of appetite
• Back aches
• heartburn
• headaches
etc

But accidentally I found a home-made treatment for it. You see let me inform you that I am not a doctor but I managed to come up with this solution and I will tell you my reasons now. My wife is two months old pregnant and she’s been having many of these symptoms. We read a lot about the problem online and she actually visited two doctors for a total of three times. But the symptoms are still there even after using the medications given. She spits 24/7 and vomited almost as long in a day, ate very little and throws up upon perceiving any odour, good or bad.in fact, she practically ran away from me saying my body odour was terrible to her perception.

It happened in the midnight two days ago as I woke thinking on my wife’s condition. The thought just came from my God.it crossed my mind that honey could improve her condition. Perhaps one reason the thought came was that I once read in one vernacular book on the uses of honey that honey when taken two spoonful by a pregnant woman for some months, will enable her have a natural delivery.

So in the morning I told my wife that the solution has been revealed to me. That she should take two spoonful of honey morning and night for two weeks. She didn’t believe it can work. Then I reach out for bottle of pure honey and ask her to take two spoonful from it. She managed to get up to that because the honey was almost finished. She was also very reluctant because she felt it was causing her nausea and will make her throw up. But she took it because I insisted. And that was it. She didn’t have a single episode of vomiting throughout the day. She ate very well and there was no usual stomach disturbance. Then she went online to check for the effects of honey on early pregnancy. Her findings showed that I was right. The sites she visited are as below.
Thus I recommend that any pregnant woman suffering from morning sickness should take two spoonful of pure honey morning and night. [size=28pt]A word of caution though. Use only pure, natural honey and don’t give honey to a child less than 1 year.[/size]

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Ginger-honey-remedy-counters-morning-sickness

http://www.health911.com/nausea,-morning-&-motion-sickness
Re: Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness by dominique(f): 8:39am On Nov 18, 2012
Well spoken but you should know that no two pregnancies are the same. That honey worked for your wife may not necessarily work for another woman. Nice recommendation tho, no harm in trying.
Re: Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness by fluffybaby(f): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2012
Nothing worked for my sister. She did every she was sick till baby poped out. She threw up till the last second. As soon as baby came out, her sickness stopped.
Re: Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness by babanne(m): 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
fluffybaby: Nothing worked for my sister. She did every she was sick till baby poped out. She threw up till the last second. As soon as baby came out, her sickness stopped.
she must be the chronic type. but did she ever taken pure natural honey. if she took honey, it might be the adulterated one.next time ask her to search for pure honey. then you will know that honey works wonders.

1 Like

Re: Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness by babanne(m): 4:41am On Aug 01, 2015
babanne:

she must be the chronic type. but did she ever taken pure natural honey. if she took honey, it might be the adulterated one.next time ask her to search for pure honey. then you will know that honey works wonders.

Looking for pure honey foy my wife.
Re: Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness by pragmatistm(m): 4:57am On Aug 01, 2015
Does anybody here knows remedy for excessive spitting and strange odours causing hyper reactions in pregnancy?
Re: Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness by Gigihealth: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nausea and vomiting are very common symptoms that present in different types of medical conditions. They can also be caused by several conditions. Most often, nausea and vomiting are due to viral gastroenteritis or the morning sickness of early pregnancy. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/nausea-and-vomiting-causes-of-nausea-and-vomiting/

(1) (Reply)

NINE(9) Common Things That Can Break Your Condom During Sex / She Died 18 Yrs... So Painful To All Unizik Students / Wisdom Tooth Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.