Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

The Lagos Comic Convention - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Lagos Comic Convention (1422 Views)

Pictures From The Lagos Countdown Concert 2012 / Lagos Comic Conference / Akwa Ibom Usa Convention -miami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lagos Comic Convention by Mynd44: 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
This is actually the first comic convention I am hearing of in Lagos or Nigeria. if you have attended any before I don't know but this to me is the first and I must commend the organizers for putting this up.

Brave move by them but I must say that it went below par. some parts were not properly done like advertisement as most of the people that came were already in the system. kudos to Ijebabe for digging it up though.

It was held at the Aquatic hotels, Toyin street, Ikeja. from 8am and what I saw blew my mind.

There were a lot of Graphic Artist who came to show what they have and I was glad to see them come up with original stories and the pictures were just insane.

I attached some
Re: The Lagos Comic Convention by Mynd44: 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
Here are some from Comic Bandits. you can reach them on
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ComicBandit/148049485214859
they have great comics so check for them

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Comic Convention by Mynd44: 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
Here is another group that I liked. they are just out with a new comic "June XII"

I had a free sample of there material and I loved. their site is under construction but they have some contacts there/
www.icstudioslimited.com/

Re: The Lagos Comic Convention by Mynd44: 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
I will update more later as some of the participants did not have websites but they gave me their mails that they will send me some of their works. so stay tuned here for more.
Re: The Lagos Comic Convention by ijebabe: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
I love that you did this babe smiley

Where there live performances by Comic bandits, June XII etc?
Wanna see pics of the event itself!

I'm such a nerd embarassed
Re: The Lagos Comic Convention by Mynd44: 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2012
ijebabe: I love that you did this babe smiley

Where there live performances by Comic bandits, June XII etc?
Wanna see pics of the event itself!

I'm such a nerd embarassed
there was a projector showing 3D animations but as usual, the organisers messed up as the lights were bad.

No performances by anyone too
Re: The Lagos Comic Convention by REMIDO: 10:41am On Jul 11, 2013
Check out www.lagoscomiccon.com to see whats going down this year 2013 about the LAGOS COMIC CONVENTION 2013. YOU GOT TO BE THERE

(1) (Reply)

Approval Gulder Ultimate Search 11 / Dad-of-six Buried INSIDE His Trusty Mercedes With His Hands On The Steering / Two Days Intensive Pressonal Make-up Training Seminar!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.