Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? (13170 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Christ Embassy Being Investigated By Uk’s Charity Commission / Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by tomisinuno(m): 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
Its very wrong for a pastor to investigate ur income, any pastor that does dt shuld b watchd out for. D only tin a pastor shul do is to preach 2 his congregatn about tite, d benefits attchd 2 it nd d implicatns of nt payn tite.it den depends on d member 2 pay or not,d pastor shuldnt evn force it on his membrs nd shuldnt evn fink of investigatn deir income. Evrytin is clearly statd in d bible. Reas ur bibles nd follow it precept by precept.pls dnt b decivd, u hav ur bibles, read it day nd nite. God bless us oo

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by stagger: 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
musKeeto:
Were you there?

Mister, answer the question!

I don't even know how you passed English. Can't spell or answer simple question.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by packman: 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
Na so........ grin grin MONEY MAKING MACHINE.....TITHE DONATOR...... grin grin
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by sylve11: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
musKeeto:
Were you there?

Good question. cool
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Truckpusher(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
Do I need to remind us that most of these churches that springs up here and there are being built by business men and politicians? who their sole aim is to make money and at the same time uses the church as a political platform to mobilize for their various parties and interest during elections.All they do is to employ a smooth talking guy that doubles as a man of God, and most of these so called men of God patronizes native doctors and spiritual consultants to acquire spiritual power beyond human comprehension thereby making a pact with the devil.... who himself, is the master of deception.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
I still do not understand why Nigerians keep falling for all this "fake" pastors.
Isn't it ironic that you have people who can read and undertand the hardest/toughest medical/engineering/science books in the world, yet they totally depend on a "so-called" pastor to help them decipher the bible. Stay in your homes, read and understand the bible there, do good unto others, help when you can, and you will surely make it to heaven. You don't need no money thieving tithe stealing conniving barowo pastor telling you nothing.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Truckpusher(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
The worst disaster that happened to black Africa wasn't slavery and colonization but Christianity and and Islam....before they came our forefathers were fully aware that killing a man was bad and sleeping with a man's wife is bad etc...Africans shouldn't forget that while they were holding the bible in one hand they were using the other hand to enslave Africans in their thousands and immediately slaves became a burden because of industrialization they came to Africa to colonize in other to steal raw materials and tax our people and of course this was after ancient African civilization has been destroyed and disorganized.....while they preached the bible their Canons were reducing the great Benin empire to rubles.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Thok(m): 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nnah, nah wah o.. So its wrong for ur pastor to ask where u work and what u earn?.. But later, he's the first person u'll run to when u're being attacked 4 prayers.. He is simply asking to know wether u're a thief or ritual killer.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
ferdimako:

Why do Nigerian pastors not having a career except repeating what we know from the bible? That is why they are turning to IRS.
lol.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by gulfer: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
kITA TITA: They are like the FIRS, they want to be sure that your Taxation tithe is properly assessed.
shocked
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by gulfer: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
kITA TITA: They are like the FIRS, they want to be sure that your Taxation tithe is properly assessed.
Then FIRS should demand to know how they (churches) make.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Revolva(m): 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
Dem no born the yeye pastor well when I no be mugu
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Revolva(m): 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
Dem no born the yeye pastor well when I no be mugu infact I don't even have a pastos sef Bleep all the chuches in nigeria I don't belive in any
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by anonimi: 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
naptu2:

A broadcast from my friend at the FIRS.

"If you have proof that any church is sharing its profit amongst its trustees or engaged in a side business for the purpose of profit. Sec 37 (1)F.I.R.S provides for rewards to members of the public that give info that assists in recovering tax."

Abeg naptu2, can you provide the link for the above and details of the reward.
This not to bad thing for guys to earn some extra bucks.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by TableLeg(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
Pastors need to take a chill pill ... Gullible followers, wake up and start standing up for what you believe in not what your pastors say!
Some folks won't fuc/k their missus if their pastors says no ...... Pastors need to be restricted and put in their place, not take over and control the lives of their followers!
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
blink182: How do you feel when your pastor asks questions about your income and pressing you to pay tithe?

I am a baptist but believe God is everywhere and by so worship every now and then in other churches, I've noticed pastors and prophets are in the habit of wanting to know how much you earn especially these new generation churches that usually have between 2-5 or just one church.

They want to know where you work, your position at the office and some other funny questions. Is this even right? Why is the craze for wealth beginning to affect even so called 'men of God'.

If you say God is everywhere,why go to church when he is even in your apartment? you probably will quote hebrew 10:25.

If you give yourself to a pastor,he will definately milk you dry. That is what they all do
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
tomisinuno: Its very wrong for a pastor to investigate ur income, any pastor that does dt shuld b watchd out for. D only tin a pastor shul do is to preach 2 his congregatn about tite, d benefits attchd 2 it nd d implicatns of nt payn tite.it den depends on d member 2 pay or not,d pastor shuldnt evn force it on his membrs nd shuldnt evn fink of investigatn deir income. Evrytin is clearly statd in d bible. Reas ur bibles nd follow it precept by precept.pls dnt b decivd, u hav ur bibles, read it day nd nite. God bless us oo

Their is no evidence of blessings being received after paying church taxes/tithes. It is only a way to get money off people. The life of christians is no better than the non christians. How many christians have actually been healed or have their dead relatives raised from the dead. They cry and lose jobs,run it debts like the rest of us.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Afam4eva(m): 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
Imanuelle: Some of them wanna know ur position so as to be able to pray with u, probably for promotions....

But fact remains that, they'll wanna always know if ur table can direct some contracts to them, or how influential u really are.
Have you seen my email?
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by 9jalondon: 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
This question puzzle my mind for weeks,I walked into an African church owned by South African dem country,and they called for Men and Women conference,to kill it all they requested for bank statement and saving account for all attendance as a sharp boy I laughed over it,isn't that too much of information to be revealing in public,well d Pastor made mention of they wants to encourage Parents o indulge in saving culture for raining day...shaa!
Myabe I'm wrong pls help nairalanders d land of Garri!!!
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by jibrael: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
money making venture undecidedmoney making venture
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Gazzatto(m): 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
Guy dey tie u down 4dat church. Na u knw waitin u stil dey wait 2run
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by preciousoz: 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
Where I work ? Ok

My position ? Ok

How Much I earn ? No Way (very sensitive info)
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Olaone1: 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
preciousoz: Where I work ? Ok

My position ? Ok

How Much I earn ? No Way (very sensitive info)

Once they know the 2 above you are done for.

They know good jobs. Special visitation groups will visit you at home at least twice every week. And, your offering envelope will be marked "special attention." Try it.

It is all about the Benjamins!

**not speaking from experience oo**
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by shdemidemi(m): 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
We are not obligated or under law to TITHE or any other law for that matter.we worship in the spirit of the Lord therefore we are free and our faces are unveiled.most pastors are in the ministry of death thus still holding on to the law of Moses 2cor3. They put people back under d law and peddle the word of God.2cor2v17
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Inova(m): 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
[quote

I found my spiritual father and av settled with him for 7 yrs and the effect is showing in my life......

Please who is your spiritual Mother
grin
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Sagamite(m): 1:03am On Nov 19, 2012
Ola one:

Once they know the 2 above you are done for.

They know good jobs. Special visitation groups will visit you at home at least twice every week. And, your offering envelope will be marked "special attention." Try it.

It is all about the Benjamins!

**not speaking from experience oo**

Thank God I am not allergic to insulting people to their face.

I would not even have any reservation in calling anyone that dares person and cretins if they tried that with me.

I am not the type of mugu that pays for the private jet of Ole-depo, Adeb-ole and Oyakhil-ole.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 19, 2012
Sagamite:

Thank God I am not allergic to insulting people to their face.

I would not even have any reservation in calling anyone that dares person and cretins if they tried that with me.

I am not the type of mugu that pays for the private jet of Ole-depo, Adeb-ole and Oyakhil-ole.

For once, I approve of your fucktardery
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by 9jaguy7(m): 6:37am On Nov 19, 2012
My pastor doesnt ask me,but even if he ask i will never tell him
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by elbulk(m): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2012
I don't believe in exploitation in church rather ppls stupidity to think God cab be bought,wateva u do or give it should be out of conviction nt cos ure asked to...dem de force ppl wey de give am?My conclusion is u have a choice to answer or not and wat u dnt think is another person's business decline to answer...simple
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Sagamite(m): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
For once, I approve of your fucktardery

You are a person for thinking you can "approve" what your God says and for not accepting as a holy sermon EVERYTHING your God says.

That is how you get yourself owned and intellectually slaughtered. cool
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person for thinking you can "approve" what your God says and for not accepting as a holy sermon EVERYTHING your God says.

That is how you get yourself owned and intellectually slaughtered. cool

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
blink182: How do you feel when your pastor asks questions about your income and pressing you to pay tithe?

I am a baptist but believe God is everywhere and by so worship every now and then in other churches, I've noticed pastors and prophets are in the habit of wanting to know how much you earn especially these new generation churches that usually have between 2-5 or just one church.

They want to know where you work, your position at the office and some other funny questions. Is this even right? Why is the craze for wealth beginning to affect even so called 'men of God'.

They need to know these things so that they will know if u are worth their time or put u on the dumb workers/waiting list. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Juju For Incurable Sickness, Badluck & Madness For Enemies / Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay / How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.