Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion (795 Views)

Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? / Help Plz Needs Self Realisation / Mysticism The Key To Self Realisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 20, 2012
Hi guys,
I've been in a big dilemma recently. And I had made up my mind to quit challenging anyone or even trying to enlighten people. I thought it was going to be for the good of society- that I not bother much about christians or muslims. I thought I was doing something quite honourable.
But not long after I had made up my mind, I hit a brick wall.

It all started when my sister, her friends and I met up. They attend christ embassy- u know, the white wanna be's church. As I listened to them, I got really irritated. They seemed to have a big delusion they weren't conscious of.

You know how christ embassy pastors love to emulate their GO in dressing- gelled afro, white suits, ring a bell?
Well another guy had added extra copying skills by marrying a half caste. They were gisting about how people who saw their pictures couldn't believe they were nigerian, more so they couldn't believe the lady wasn't completely white. What got me so pissed off was that they attributed it to the glory of god. I was like wtf?! So u say someone has the glory of god just becos they looked white?

Then other memories flooded my mind concerning how they loved fair people, how my sister said she could not marry a dark guy, only a fair skinned one, how she uses some stylishly labeled bleaching cream...
I realised there is a big delusion amongst them, even though they do not see it. They suffer from an extreme inferiority complex, a belief that the white man is lord, the white man is best, the white man is who they must strive to not only be like, but look like.

I know that I should not judge a whole from a few, thats why I've also noticed that many christians are as deluded. It might not be in the exact area but in like aspects of life. They have been so brainwashed they can hardly tell the difference between right and wrong, reasonable and silly.
And believe me, society is going nowhere with that. Infact it will have a most horrid effect on it if humans couldn't reason.

Apart from that, another thing disgusts me, the main thing.

I had made up my mind not to persuade anybody to face the facts of life. I had said in my mind that hapiness is best, even though theirs was was based on an illusion, why try to ruin it?

Although I have not told them directly that I'm an atheist, while they were talking, I told them some of my interests which were basically trying to gain and search for knowledge through reason and logic. But they just laughed and looked down on what I was saying. And as a matter of fact, they usually try to impose their doctrines on me. This is something we all know christians love doing.

It made me understand that it is nearly impossible to try being neutral with them. If u do not challenge them, then they would try to impose their beliefs on u.

I would not have much of a problem with religion if not for this. And it is so evident in christians and muslims- the superiority complex, the arrogance which funny enough is based on imaginations. How they think they are the true and special religion and so discriminate and condenm other religions of lesser popularity.

Christians and muslims tend to think themselves superior, the special people and all. And trust me that is the most horrible delusion a person could possess- that he is special and above the rest, that he is the chosen one.
This sort of individualistic thinking would only lead to war, corruption, exploitation of others , misunderstandings and anarchy.

Worse off is how they are so hypocritical about it: how they still wear indecent clothing, are extremely material, lie, cheat... And they seem not to have much problem with it even though their holy book condemns such.

To be honest I still can't understand why, where has the conscience gone? Infact where the heck is the holy spirit? Still bleeping virgins?
But as Blaie Pascal said: ''men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction?''

Its almost like they feel invicible as christians and muslims (as they can easily twist their holy books to suit their selfish desires), so do whatever pleases them.

I have come to realise that to make the world a better place, we must free it from its shackles, we must make it yearn for the truth. And even though I do not fully comprehend the universe, atleast I do not regard it to a bunch if primitive books. Becos when u do u become brain dead.
So yes, I'll keep searching. And I'll keep trying to free people from the coma of religion. And I do not care if I am discriminated against, ostracised, or whatever.

To find the truth we must search beyond our comfort zone, we must look beyond the imagined garden of life.

Ofcourse I'll try to be less agressive and sentimental. I'll always try to display wisdom and knowledge alone- for that is what we should all be searching for.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by eddy1977(m): 1:58am On Nov 20, 2012
You are running from your calling. Anyone can read between the lines that you are a truth seeker and that you are just in denial.
You are more concerned about Christian hypocrisy because you are yearning for the genuine christianity.
You remind me of one called Saul. He tried to fight against God s calling,but eventually gave in and became the greatest advocate of christianity.

You can run but you can't hide
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 20, 2012
eddy1977: You are running from your calling. Anyone can read between the lines that you are a truth seeker and that you are just in denial.
You are more concerned about Christian hypocrisy because you are yearning for the genuine christianity.
You remind me of one called Saul. He tried to fight against God s calling,but eventually gave in and became the greatest advocate of christianity.

You can run but you can't hide

Believe me, if there was anyone more sure of the invalidity of the bible, it would be me.
Its just that I want to be very tolerant, to be less of a predator.
But christianity really hasn't given me a reason to ignore them, they are so blind and do so much evil being blind that it really annoys and hurts me.
And so here lies my cause to try and make them conscious of the lies and errs.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by engrtee(f): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2012
9ce post
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2012
engrtee: 9ce post

Thanks! This was something I wrote from my heart and after deep thought. I would really love to ignore them and face the main problems of nigeria, but they are the main source of our problems, like they say, the root of our evils.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by JeSoul(f): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
I honestly sympathize with you. It is never easy being in the minority especially in regards to religious affairs.

While it is certainly true they are 'deluded' on many fronts, I encourage you to keep an open mind. And don't use a few as a yardstick to measure an entire group (and I'm glad you acknowledged this too). I have previously been on the delivering end of 'yabbing' CE until I spent some good time with a few of them (real good, sensible, honest people) that drastically shot that belief down.

I'm sure its not easy being an atheist in naija. May God (pun intended smiley) be with you as you navigate the complications daily.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by nep2ra(m): 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
Christians and Muslims tend to think themselves superior, the special people and all. And trust me that is the most horrible delusion a person could possess- that he is special and above the rest, that he is the chosen one.
This sort of individualistic thinking would only lead to war, corruption, exploitation of others , misunderstandings and anarchy.

This, my friend, is the major problem I have with Religion. It's this superiority complex that infuriates me. "My God is greater than your God". "My way is the right way. If you don't believe it you are headed for destruction." The stench of hypocrisy that emanates from religious adherents is so disgusting it has put me off religion forever.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
JeSoul: I honestly sympathize with you. It is never easy being in the minority especially in regards to religious affairs.

While it is certainly true they are 'deluded' on many fronts, I encourage you to keep an open mind. And don't use a few as a yardstick to measure an entire group (and I'm glad you acknowledged this too). I have previously been on the delivering end of 'yabbing' CE until I spent some good time with a few of them (real good, sensible, honest people) that drastically shot that belief down.

I'm sure its not easy being an atheist in naija. May God (pun intended smiley) be with you as you navigate the complications daily.

Amin ni oruko jesu!!!cheesy(pls pardon me if I made any errors, omo igbo for life).

But seriously, its nice to see an understanding theist.

Though like u mentioned, do not judge a whole from a few. Becos u have met some sensible few doesn't mean thats the general mood. I personally have come in contact with a reasonable amount of them, as my sister is a leader in their church, and I am really not impressed.

They all seem to be greatly myopic and deluded, even inconsiderate and annoying.

Sure they do seem happy, but are even more hypocritical.

Besides, they are not my main problem, they were just an example. I have a problem with nearly all christians and churches. As a matter of fact, I have only known one wonderful christian my whole life, and it came natural in that person's case.

Thats to tell u how bad it is.

And so I have come to realise that religion, especially the dominating ones, will do noting but kill the human soul, and destroy the world at large.

I am not in anyway trying to offend u, I am just saying what I truly believe is truth.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
nep2ra: Christians and Muslims tend to think themselves superior, the special people and all. And trust me that is the most horrible delusion a person could possess- that he is special and above the rest, that he is the chosen one.

This, my friend, is the major problem I have with Religion. It's this superiority complex that infuriates me. "My God is greater than your God". "My way is the right way. If you don't believe it you are headed for destruction." The stench of hypocrisy that emanates from religious adherents is so disgusting it has put me off religion forever.

True talk my brother, sometimes I really tire for them.
Their blindness and plain hypocrisy can be so annoying.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by plaetton: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
inurmind:

True talk my brother, sometimes I really tire for them.
Their blindness and plain hypocrisy can be so annoying.

Bros na wa.

Just yesterday I was discussing the Israel Gaza conflict with a bunch of friends and I had expressed my opinions on the horrors of Israeli agressions. Immediately after, one of them asked what religion I belonged. I politely told him that the conflict was not and has never been a religious conflict, but he kept demanding what religion I belonged to. I kept ignoring him to focus on what both enemies had to do in order to achieve peace. This guy was still adamant about my religious affiliation, so finally I told him that I was an atheist.
Man, it was like someone had thrown a bomb. Everyone descended on me. I did my best to deflect the discussion away from religion back to conflick and peace in the middle east. No way for these guys and one lady.

They descended heavily on me and I took them headon.
What amazed me so much was how totally ignorant these christians are. The are ignorant of history, even the most basic. They are ignorant of the history of their religion,some did not even know that Israel was not a christian country. one had never heard of Judaism before. One claimed that christianity was the oldest religion in the world, they all mocked and dismissed science as devilish, even though one was an engineer.
I shook my head in horror that in the year 2012 I stood there arguing about the benefits and achievements of scientific thinking to a bunch of ignorant deluded churchtians.

One of them even threatened that none deserved to live with my kind of viewpoints.
It made me realize that Nairaland christians are not as bad as the hoards of real life christians in Nigeria.
Religion na wa o.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
plaetton:

Bros na wa.

Just yesterday I was discussing the Israel Gaza conflict with a bunch of friends and I had expressed my opinions on the horrors of Israeli agressions. Immediately after, one of them asked what religion I belonged. I politely told him that the conflict was not and has never been a religious conflict, but he kept demanding what religion I belonged to. I kept ignoring him to focus on what both enemies had to do in order to achieve peace. This guy was still adamant about my religious affiliation, so finally I told him that I was an atheist.
Man, it was like someone had thrown a bomb. Everyone descended on me. I did my best to deflect the discussion away from religion back to conflick and peace in the middle east. No way for these guys and one lady.

They descended heavily on me and I took them headon.
What amazed me so much was how totally ignorant these christians are. The are ignorant of history, even the most basic. They are ignorant of the history of their religion,some did not even know that Israel was not a christian country. one had never heard of Judaism before. One claimed that christianity was the oldest religion in the world, they all mocked and dismissed science as devilish, even though one was an engineer.
I shook my head in horror that in the year 2012 I stood there arguing about the benefits and achievements of scientific thinking to a bunch of ignorant deluded churchtians.

One of them even threatened that none deserved to live with my kind of viewpoints.
It made me realize that Nairaland christians are not as bad as the hoards of real life christians in Nigeria.
Religion na wa o.

Lol..one did not even know anything about judaism.

But it really is not a funny matter when u think about it. They are so blind and ignorant. I will not be surprised if ur relationship with most of them is severely damaged after this. They would probably start avoiding u.

Atimes u really can't blame atheists for being sentimental. With the downright myopic and quite hypocrical nature of most theists, its so hard to keep cool.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by manmustwac(m): 7:42am On Nov 21, 2012
Nice write up in your mind I thought u wanted to leave nairaland when I first started reading it. Reminds me of a time when I saw a young nigerian couple with their young children all giving out leaflets for a typical nigerian church

The thing that really caught eye was that they were in a predominately white populated area in the outskirts of london. I saw the husband engaged in serious dialogue with an old white man who must've been more than 70. Trying to convince him to come to their church. You can just imagine your typical white 70 plus caucasian male out of place in a typical nigerian/african church worshipping Him praising Him speaking in tongues or freaking out like some members when feeling the so called holy spirit.

They're just blinded to reality
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2012
inurmind:

Lol..one did not even know anything about judaism.

But it really is not a funny matter when u think about it. They are so blind and ignorant. I will not be surprised if ur relationship with most of them is severely damaged after this. They would probably start avoiding u.

Atimes u really can't blame atheists for being sentimental. With the downright myopic and quite hypocrical nature of most theists, its so hard to keep cool.

lol! a christian friend once called me the antichrist! just because i jokingly asked a question about the jesus pictures in his sitting room.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 21, 2012
manmustwac: Nice write up in your mind I thought u wanted to leave nairaland when I first started reading it. Reminds me of a time when I saw a young nigerian couple with their young children all giving out leaflets for a typical nigerian church

The thing that really caught eye was that they were in a predominately white populated area in the outskirts of london. I saw the husband engaged in serious dialogue with an old white man who must've been more than 70. Trying to convince him to come to their church. You can just imagine your typical white 70 plus caucasian male out of place in a typical nigerian/african church worshipping Him praising Him speaking in tongues or freaking out like some members when feeling the so called holy spirit.

They're just blinded to reality

Yeah it really is very funny.
U know my father used to quote a proverb that went like this:

''In the beginning,
the white man had the bible,
and we had the land.
He told us to close our eyes for prayer.

''When we opened it,
we discovered we had the bible,
and the white man had the land.''

I think this explains it all.
Re: My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 21, 2012
991:

lol! a christian friend once called me the antichrist! just because i jokingly asked a question about the jesus pictures in his sitting room.

Not surprised, its like they are so brainwashed yet so insecure about everything.
And the world really cannot progress with such.

(1) (Reply)

Does Religion Encourage Corruption? / “Many Politicians Will Die In Plane Crashes Next Year” – Prophet / How To Worship The Nigerian God...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.