Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Does Religion Encourage Corruption? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Religion Encourage Corruption? (797 Views)

Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated / Does Religion Really Matter In A Relationship? / Does Religion Really Matter To God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Religion Encourage Corruption? by BlackOyinbo: 8:33am On Dec 18, 2012
Nigeria is one of the most religions nations in the world, yet we are also one of the most corrupt nations of the world. Does this mean that religion breeds corruption?

In my opinion answer is 'No' but religion gives us the opportunity to blame 'fortune' 'Destiny' and 'God's will' for our deeds and misdeeds.

We have decided to take advantage of the fact that we worship a God who loves unconditionally, and forgives his children as long as they repent of their evil ways.

We tend to sin and hope to repent after we have enjoyed all the benefits of sin.

Instead of working hard to make ends meet, we sit and wait for God's miracle so we can give testimonies in church.

We need to take responsibility for our actions for God is watching in 3D.
Re: Does Religion Encourage Corruption? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 18, 2012
RELIGION IS CORRUPTION

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Encourage Corruption? by manmustwac(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2012
Religion is part of nigeria's problem. "Its in Gods hands" "Only. God can judge me" "Leave everything to God" "God is in control" "Gods time is the best" When people reason like that you encourage corruption

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Encourage Corruption? by BlackOyinbo: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
obadiah777: RELIGION IS CORRUPTION

Can you throw more light on this statement...convince me.
Re: Does Religion Encourage Corruption? by tpia5: 7:34am On Dec 19, 2012
corruption is a function of culture, more than religion.

unless the religion expressly encourages such.
Re: Does Religion Encourage Corruption? by ijawkid(m): 7:59am On Dec 19, 2012
Only if religion mixes with the world will it be corrupt............
Re: Does Religion Encourage Corruption? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 19, 2012
Black_Oyinbo:

Can you throw more light on this statement...convince me.
JAMES 1 VS 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Re: Does Religion Encourage Corruption? by BlackOyinbo: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
obadiah777: JAMES 1 VS 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

This does not mean religion is corruption in totality...It only shows us the kind of religion God requires of us.

Although I agree that there are corrupt ways by which some people take advantage of religion.

Thanks for the quote nevertheless...It is one many preachers will fail to emphasize, and concentrate more on tithing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Hates Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, Clams, Mussels - All These Are An Abomination / I Need A Prophet / Where Are The Atheists And The Shallow-minded Agnostics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.