Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,004 members, 7,956,720 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ (4636 Views)

Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by jamp: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2012
Oluseun Anikulapo-Kuti is the youngest son of the legendary Afrobeat pioneer, Fela Anikulapo-Kuit. Seun leads his father’s band, the ‘Egypt 80’ to date. In this interview with Bayo Adeoye, he speaks on his music and lifestyle, amongst other issues.
You were 14 when Fela died, what do you miss most about him?

Well, Fela was my father. You know, it’s a long time now since he died. The most important thing to me now is his presence. I miss him being around. I think of what would happen if I were able to have a discussion with him today. Knowing everything I know now, those are the kind of things you miss. I just miss him being around.

Can you describe what God means to you?

I do not believe in God. I am not a believer of anything supernatural. I don’t believe in God, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Ifa, Ogun, or whatever anybody uses as a reason to explain simple actions of nature. God, to me, is not in existence.

More on: http://www..com/talk/topic,136895.0.html
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by engrtee(f): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2012
But he promote use of marijuana. Smh
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by jamp: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2012
How can people live and still believe God does not exist
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by salam001(m): 10:54am On Nov 20, 2012
Eegbo dey affect seun for brain
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by jamp: 11:05am On Nov 20, 2012
salam001: Eegbo dey affect seun for brain
grin
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Delafruita(m): 11:29am On Nov 20, 2012
jamp: How can people live and still believe God does not exist
how can sensible,enlightened believe believe fairytales of a big daddy in the sky?

5 Likes

Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Image123(m): 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
and who is he?
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
Delafruita: how can sensible,enlightened believe believe fairytales of a big daddy in the sky?

Did you mean to say :

how can sensible,enlightened people with 1/2 a brain believe we all appeared by some freak accident of random chance ?

4 Likes

Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by advocate666: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
God is dying a slow painful death. Everyday, more and more people convert to atheism.

1 Like

Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
does it matter what he beleives?
Even if he doesn't beleive his own existence, thats his headache. Period.

1 Like

Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by EvilBrain1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
frosbel:

Did you mean to say :

how can sensible,enlightened people with 1/2 a brain believe we all appeared by some freak accident of random chance ?

The last time you and I posted on the same thread, I called you a hypocrite for accusing others of using strawman arguments and you denied it.

I've been away from Nairaland for a few weeks since then. But. lo and behold, the very first frosbel post I read on my return features the granddaddy of all strawmen: the "how could it all have happened by chance argument".

Just to be clear, no scientist has ever claimed that evolution happens "just by chance". Natural selection is pretty much the opposite of chance. The only chance involved in evolution is the usual randomness inherent in the natural world, which anyone who has played ludo before should be familiar with.

Go and find a biology book to read. You might learn something.

1 Like

Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Kay17: 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2012

Pls you need to stop thinking like that. Try to understand the other side.

1 Like

Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Image123(m): 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
advocate666: God is dying a slow painful death. Everyday, more and more people convert to atheism.

They've been saying this before you were born, even before your ancestors were born. Quit saying rubbish. Who again is the one that rejects the existence of God and jesus Christ but a fool.
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Zodiac61(m): 10:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
Very easy when you think about it.
God does not exist.
There, you see - I am alive and know that god does not exist.
Try thinking - you might enjoy it

6 Likes

Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by jamp: 11:28pm On Nov 20, 2012
Zodiac61:
Very easy when you think about it.
God does not exist.
There, you see - I am alive and know that god does not exist.
Try thinking - you might enjoy it

No I won't tink like you. God does exist and you hv to believe that
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by advocate666: 12:00am On Nov 21, 2012
Image123:

They've been saying this before you were born, even before your ancestors were born. Quit saying rubbish. Who again is the one that rejects the existence of God and jesus Christ but a fool.

No man. Before I was born, Europe was ruled by the pope like the ayotallah does iran. Today, people are buying up churches in europe and converting them to residential buildings. Religion and god are dying. No amount of shouting "fool" will change it.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 21, 2012
Image123:

Yeah, like half the world is Christian... Or TRUE christians.. Lol... Bunch of confused people...

Which God? The Hebrew robber or the Arab warrior?
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:25am On Nov 21, 2012
Kudos to Seun A-K

Smart choice- not believing in fairy tale beings.

It goes with a simple rule; if its existence cant be proven over 2,000 years while people claim it, it is a hoax
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Kay17: 4:37am On Nov 21, 2012
jamp:

No I won't tink like you. God does exist and you hv to believe that

"Have to Believe!" U can believe in a non existent God
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by manmustwac(m): 6:49am On Nov 21, 2012
Seun Kuti is a protest singer. So him singing his protest songs against our corrupt Government & also travelling to london & around the world, seeing how others live better lives minus religion has opened his eyes to reality.
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Image123(m): 7:54am On Nov 21, 2012
advocate666:

No man. Before I was born, Europe was ruled by the pope like the ayotallah does iran. Today, people are buying up churches in europe and converting them to residential buildings. Religion and god are dying. No amount of shouting "fool" will change it.
and the Pope is God? or political power is God? people have been saying God is dying and there is no God since B.C. keep living in denial, it helps your blood pressure.
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2012
Image123:
and the Pope is God? or political power is God? people have been saying God is dying and there is no God since B.C. keep living in denial, it helps your blood pressure.
Y so pissed? I thought Xtianity isn't a religion.. And doesn't the Bible say the love of many will wax cold?

Y so pissed?
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Image123(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2012
manmustwac: Seun Kuti is a protest singer. So him singing his protest songs against our corrupt Government & also travelling to london & around the world, seeing how others live better lives minus religion has opened his eyes to reality.
it's not news that his father and his family do not believe in God. it'd be more a surprise if he stated otherwise knowing his history and drugs.
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Image123(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2012
musKeeto:
Y so pissed? I thought Xtianity isn't a religion.. And doesn't the Bible say the love of many will wax cold?

Y so pissed?
you don't seem to understand what you're saying. i think you're trolling, whatever that means.
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 21, 2012
seun needs help. whether he chooses to believe or disbelieve, that doesnt stop God from being God.
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by EvilBrain1(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2012
It's good that Seun is able to say this publicly. His family has never followed the crowd in terms of religion (including his second cousin once removed, Wole Soyinka) so I'm not that surprised.

In any case, we need more Nigerian atheists coming out like this. We need to start challenging the fanatics in the public sphere before they succeed in christianizing/islamizing the country.
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Image123(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2012
Evil Brain: It's good that Seun is able to say this publicly. His family has never followed the crowd in terms of religion (including his second cousin once removed, Wole Soyinka) so I'm not that surprised.

In any case, we need more Nigerian atheists coming out like this. We need to start challenging the fanatics in the public sphere before they succeed in christianizing/islamizing the country.
him father came out openly before you were probably born. He was and is still ignored by serious minded people.
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Delafruita(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2012
frosbel:

Did you mean to say :

frosbel my friend,how can sensible people believe a sky-daddy who is presumably all-knowing created a world that is so furcked-up because his own creation furcked it up?how can any sensible person believe a sky daddy sent his sons to die for the sins of his own creation?

1 Like

Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Delafruita(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2012
Image123:
him father came out openly before you were probably born. He was and is still ignored by serious minded people.
do you mean FELA ANIKULAPO ...ABAMI EDA... KUTI "was and is still ignored by serious minded people"? you probably live on Mars.definitely not on earth
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 21, 2012
Image123:
you don't seem to understand what you're saying. i think you're trolling, whatever that means.
davidylan impostor..
Now switching to a very crude form of anonyism.. may u find ur place in Christ... lol....
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2012
Delafruita: do you mean FELA ANIKULAPO ...ABAMI EDA... KUTI "was and is still ignored by serious minded people"? you probably live on Mars.definitely not on earth
coming from a Jewish slave.. you shouldn't be surprised..

now if only fela was white and held a bible... maybe maybe..
Re: Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ by EvilBrain1(m): 9:30am On Nov 21, 2012
Image123:

Beko was an atheist as well. Olikoye never came out openly, but he was never particularly religious and if you look at his life and the his dealings with his brothers, friends and colleagues; all the signs were there. And I think I already mentioned Wole Soyinka.

Are any of these people serious-minded enough for you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? / Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! / Top Ten Astonishing Miracles (warning, Some Graphihc Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.