Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala (33442 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by TheRealMrStan(m): 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
Christians have to decide whether to obey Jesus or to obey Paul.

(1)Jesus says we should beware of the doctrine of the Pharisees (Luke 12:1); but Paul proclaimed himself a Pharisee even as a Christian (Acts 23:6).

(2) Jesus warns that not everyone who calls him Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21); but Paul says everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).

(3) Jesus asks men to preach the gospel (Matthew 28:18-19); but Paul says he did not receive his own gospel from men (Galatians 1:11-12).

(4) Jesus himself was circumcised (Luke 2:21); but Paul says if we are circumcised we would be estranged from Christ (Galatians 5:2-4).

(5) Jesus says children of God are born spiritually (John 3:3); but Paul says children of God are adopted (Romans 8:15).

(6) Jesus says God must be the only father of believers (Matthew 23:9); but Paul proclaims himself the father of some believers (Philemon 1:10; 1 Corinthians 4:15).

(7) Jesus says there is only one pastor and he is the one (John 10:16) ; but Paul says there are many pastors (Ephesians 4 :11).

(8 ) Jesus says there is only one teacher and he is the one (Matthew 23:8 ) ; but Paul says there are many teachers and that God ordained him as a teacher (1 Timothy 2:7).

(9) Jesus says we should pray in private and not on street-corners (Matthew 6:5-6) ; but Paul says we should pray everywhere (1 Timothy 2:8 ).

(10) Jesus says we should not eat food sacrificed to idols (Revelation 2:14); but Paul says it does not matter if we eat food sacrificed to idols (1 Corinthians 8:8; Romans 14:14).

(11) Jesus says we should not receive payment for preaching the gospel (Matthew 10:8 ) ; but Paul says we should receive payment for preaching the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:11).

(12) Jesus warns us to beware of thieves and robbers masquerading as pastors (John 10:1/8 ) ; but Paul admits to robbing churches in the name of receiving wages from them (2 Corinthians 11:8 ).

(13) Jesus asks us to baptise as we preach the gospel (Matthew 28:19); but Paul dismisses the importance of baptism (1 Corinthians 1:17).

(14) Jesus says in preaching the gospel we should build on other men’s foundations (John 4:38 ) ; but Paul says he is determined not to build on other men’s foundations (Romans 15:20).

(15) Jesus says we should not swear or curse (Matthew 5:34-37) ; but Paul swears and curses (2 Corinthians 1:23 ; Galatians 1:9).

(16) Jesus is against the use of deception (John 1:47) ; but Paul boasts of using deception (2 Corinthians 12:16).

(17) Jesus says we should disregard public opinion (Luke 6:26; John 15:18-19) ; but Paul actively courts public opinion (1 Corinthians 10:33 ; 1 Corinthians 9:20-22).

(18 ) Jesus says God is not the God of the dead (Luke 20:38 ); but Paul says God is the God of the dead (Romans 14:9).

(19) Jesus says believers will never die (John 11:26) ; but Paul says believers died with Christ (Romans 6:8 ).

(20) Jesus says he was a ransom for only some people (Matthew 20:28 ) ; but Paul says Jesus was a ransom for everybody (1 Timothy 2:6).

(21) Jesus says some men are righteous (Matthew 13:17; Matthew 23:35) ; but Paul says no one is righteous (Romans 3:10).

(22) Jesus says he is not the saviour of the righteous (Matthew 9:12-13) ; but Paul says Jesus is the saviour of all men (1 Timothy 4:10).

(23) Jesus says the kingdom of God has been taken away from Israel (Matthew 21:43) ; but Paul says all Israel will be saved (Romans 11:26).

(24) Jesus says God does not desire sacrifices (Matthew 9:13); but Paul says God sacrificed Jesus to himself (1 Corinthians 5:7).

(25) Jesus says he did not come to abrogate the law (Matthew 5:17-18 ); but Paul says Jesus abrogated the law (Romans 10:4 ; Colossians 2:14).

(26) Jesus says salvation is by works (Matthew 7:21; Matthew 21:28-31) ; but Paul says salvation is not by works but by grace (Ephesians 2:8-9).

(27) Jesus says our trespasses will only be forgiven if we forgive others (Matthew 6:14-15) ; but Paul says all our trespasses have already been forgiven (Colossians 2:13).

(28) Jesus says our receiving mercy depends on our being merciful (Matthew 5:7); but Paul says our receiving mercy depends entirely on God’s discretion (Romans 9:16).

(29) Jesus says we will be justified by our own words (Matthew 12:37); but Paul says we are justified by faith (Romans 3:28).

(30) Jesus says eternal life is very costly (Matthew 19:29; Luke 14:28-33); but Paul says eternal life is a free gift (Romans 6:23).

(31) Jesus says eternal life is attained by hearing and acting on his words (John 5:24); but Paul says eternal life is attained by grace (Romans 5:21)...

Read more: http://www.femiaribisala.com/12-articles-of-faith/paul/202-101-discrepancies-between-jesus-and-paul

13 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by ALKARULEZ615(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
FTC

*spreads mat*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by blemon44(m): 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
Apostle Paul is a mare human

JESUS is our lord and savior so in him will i put all my trust

why will i obey a mare human,when my God Jesus christ has made it clear for me

As for me and my family we will serve the lord

38 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by yuzjet(m): 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Prince202020(m): 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nawao nothing we no go hear angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by charlesbright(m): 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
I see no bases for comparison or any arguments here. The Bible was put together by the inspiration of God and it's all in all complete. You can't just pull phrases and sentences from the Bible and compare them without reading from the beginning. Doing that I think is mischievous. And again it is good you know there's a difference between when Jesus was here on earth and when He died and rose again. He came to redeem man to God and that wasn't completed until he left the disciples and they recieved the Holyspirit

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by willy42: 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
Kk
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2014

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by dmjinc(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
Summary? Lesson undecided undecided
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Sunofgod(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
Na wa ohh...On Sunday!

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Emperortj93(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
No matter what this guy say or wrote, I don't give a damn cus I will so enjoy my Christmas and I bet this year Xmas will also enjoy and be glad I did
btw, who the hell is femi aregbasola? is he the oba of Yoruba folks here in France? cus I have never heard of him here in Cuba where I study

currently puffing my Cuban cigar

4 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by cold(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
Confusion reigns supreme! But you can't blame them,even god can't seem to make up his mind who's in charge of the world. If it's the son he got during one of his sexual romps or his alter ego the devil.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by bunmioguns(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
You can't be carnal and want to understand the things of the spirit

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Cutesexy1(f): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
b rite bck

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by ceejay80s(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
All of una wey comment above me get luck say i no be mod, if i bann una , na after next year election i go unbann una and bann una two day after again,dis childish posts is getting out of hand
@topic
op, Jesus is Lord. Believe in him, no let anything else confuse u, or better still sidon for ur house and pray to God daily and keep his commandment, u will stil make Heaven

8 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by bunmioguns(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2014

11 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Lilaex: 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
Al
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by monemsis(m): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
@OP a round of applause for u

u re just trying to confuse ur self

14 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by QSheba: 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
I'm thinking of buying a low cost android phone but right now I have tecno H7 in mind. Please I would need your kind advice on the device if you have any. I saw the price online at 27600 and its fair enough due to the specs. Are there other android devices better than H7 and withing the same price range? Does the Glo bis work on H7? Please drop your comments. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Tundenoni(m): 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
I choose to obey MYSELF

2 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by edababa007(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
RELIGION! RELIGION!! RELIGION!!!... The more you seek to understand, the more you get confused...

3 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by abhosts(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
Only those who do not study their Bibles would fall for this out-of-context Trash.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by yim(f): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
I really don't like commenting on these kind of topics but d writer of that piece is really deluded.
God will open your eyes in Jesus name

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by SuperModerator: 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
despite the glaring contradictions in the bible, people still believe in it.

can anyone be more gullible than this?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Johnnoo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
@Op; You are confusing yourself. Well, this is what you get when the word of God is studied without the inspiration of the Holy Ghost undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by tartar9(m): 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
will comment later
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by nwaobitex: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
passing by
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Roon9(m): 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nawa so person go just wake up, quote bible passages then begin compare and contrast......joblessness!!

9 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
When people read single verses in the bible, they read out of context. Sometimes you have to read the whole chapter to understand the context. Don't let people tell you what is in the bible. Read for yourself because Satan knows the word too so if u don't know for yourself, he can twist the word to confuse you

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Bellasharonne(f): 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Different situations different applications ... Chikena!

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - Made A Way (gospel Music) / Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm / T.B. Joshua Predicted Missing Airasia Flight QZ8501

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.