Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

How Insignificant/significant Are We? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Insignificant/significant Are We? (3674 Views)

How Significant Is Good Friday? / When The Insignificant Becomes Significant. / You're Too Insignificant To Claim There Is No God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Insignificant/significant Are We? by cyrexx: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
Re: How Insignificant/significant Are We? by Delafruita(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
Area_boy:

clearly you had nothing important to say so you decided to quote the damn thing three times in a row.

If you guys are really honest, you'll ask yourselves the questions I pose and give an answer rather than trash the entire thread because it offers a different view from what you were all brought up to believe. Nonsense
trolling is a profession for truthislight
Re: How Insignificant/significant Are We? by truthislight: 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
musKeeto: lol.... truthislight, wetin happen? grin

lol, it was not deliberate.

I have delited them.
Re: How Insignificant/significant Are We? by truthislight: 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Delafruita: trolling is a profession for truthislight

truthislight = troll

Lol.

And i had thought you are my friend!
Re: How Insignificant/significant Are We? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
Delafruita: [b]and what makes you think a suckling infant is more valuable that a full-grown elephant?[/b]are you an elephant?if a mother elephant has to choose between her baby elephant and a suckling infant,will she discard her baby for a suckling infant?suckling infants are valuable to their mothers because they are of the same specie.a gorilla will pick its own before a human's.same as a goat,bird,chimpanzee,dog and every other animal no matter how small they may be.those anjimals you think are significant are actually complex in their own way.do humans have the intelligence to change colours like a chameleon does?can we produce spikes like a porcupine?can we produce defense mechanisms like almost all the animals do?you get it wrong when you think humans are the epitome of "creation" and all other animals are subservient to us.in the animal world,humans are just animals like the others

Thank you for that. At least it brings to question the 'significance' argument the OP has cool.
Re: How Insignificant/significant Are We? by ninja4life(m): 8:56am On Jul 05, 2013
This is a very educating thread.nice one at op
Re: How Insignificant/significant Are We? by Afrobasic(m): 12:15am On Sep 29, 2013
cool
Re: How Insignificant/significant Are We? by Nmeri17: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
see better thread. too bad the pictures are all gone and I had to read it like audio sad
Re: How Insignificant/significant Are We? by beejaay: 7:47am On Nov 22, 2015
Areaboy2:
I have a couple of pictures to give you a little perspective of how tiny and infinitesimal we are when it comes to the grand scale of things in the universe.

So before you go around saying we were "created in his image and likeness", put here to take care of the earth for "him" and then be judged on how we do it before returning back to heaven, I want you to consider the following pictures and ask yourself. WHY bother with so much else?

Mind you, none of these were mentioned in any of the "holy" books.
Take a few seconds.. relax and marvel at our galaxy. Everything you see is contained in our milky way galaxy alone. except of course the last picture

lets start from the smallest shall we? Although it is important to point out that pluto is no longer a planet. However, we can replace that with our moon since they are no much bigger than themselves, prolly 1/2

At this point, our little planet is still pulling its weight around the "big boys" or should i say the "rocky boys". Or is it?

welcome to the world of gas. With no solid surface to stand on, these balls of gas find it easier getting so big because well, gas expands and contracts much better than earth (rock) does

As big as they seem, compare them to our sun (the major gas giant we have in our solar system) and they are immediately puny in size

can u see us there? grin grin grin grin

Our sun is really big!! 90million kilometers away from us and 1.3million kilometers in diameter, it is BIG!!! But how does she measure up with some other biggies around the block? Not very well i'm afraid cry

That monster Arcturus is the 4th brightest star you see at night. Right behind Sirius (since Sirius is a lot closer to us it appears brighter)

Compared to my favourite star Betelgeuse smiley (you can actually see Betelgeuse with your naked eye at night) and his monster cousin Antares, Arcturus is a baby tongue

Tips on how to spot Betelgeuse: On any clear night sky, (if you're near the Equator like Nigeria, it wouldn't matter what time of the year) try to spot three stars in a straight line separated by a fingers length when u stretch your arms upwards (Usually called "the three kings" ). Try to align these three stars on one hand (preferably left) there will be four stars forming a rectangle around these three. The top left one with a reddish twinkle is Betelgeuse. and the bottom right one in the square is Rigel

As big as these stars get, they are really insignificant compared to our medium sized galaxy.

Finally, how many galaxies out there? seemingly just as many as the number of stars

everything you see there is a galaxy .

I ask the question one more time.

How significant do you think we are?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members / Afterlife: A Wanderer In The Spirit Lands By Franchezzo / Truth, Fabrications, Or Fallacies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.