Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members (3674 Views)

Can Demons Send SMS? ( For Those Who Have Experience In Casting Out Devils) / Quote Me, Pastors Use Juju To Hold Their Members! --- Guru Maharaj Ji’s / How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
I am raising this topic on the back of a few comments from Ijawkid and truthislight. Their comments got me thinking, why are so many churches in Nigeria preoccupied with binding , casting, loosing and chasing demons , not from sinners but from believers.

Surely believers should be free from all these demons, no ?

This is a real cause for worry, I mean if we who say we are Christians are not delivered how can we deliver others ? Or has anyone heard of a demon cast out of the disciples of Jesus or any member of the early church ?

What really is going on, help me please.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by PastorKun(m): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
They are just forming activity.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Goshen360(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
Brother Frosbel,

This is a serious issue. I'm telling you! Even our so called brothers & sisters will come talking against you on this subject. I just CAN'T see from the scriptures where demons are CAST out of BELIEVERS OR CHRISTIANS from scriptures. See, there're many things that had eaten sooooooooo deep into the church today and like I always say, many people do not understand the GRACE dispensation.

The Nigeria church is sooooooo blinded to the Grace Gospel that they try to balance\mix it with the law. It is under the law that you see a type and shadow of the substance being under a demonic power. It is an outright insult to the FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST THAT THESE LEGALISTIC PREACHERS AND JUDAIZERS ARE CONSTANTLY CASTING OUT DEMONS FROM CHRISTIANS. Yes, like you said, we're not talking about UNSAVED OR UNBELIEVERS in this context but Christian or believers.

When you look into the word meanings of the word deliverance, it mean, "believing or believe in what is ALREADY DONE". Christianity is not churchianity. Churchianity is always do this or do that, Christianity says, it is done, it is finished....just believe in the finished work and you shall see the glory of God. Mehn, there's is an explosive power in the word of God. Treasures are buried in the New Testament, eyes have not seen nor ears heard.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And ye are complete in him (Christ), which is the head of all principality and power: Colossians 2:10

Many are saved by Grace through faith but are trying to live their salvation by the law or Grace mixed with the works of the law. The major problem with the legalistic is, the works of the law (of Moses) is still rooted in them. Take away (cast out) legalism and religion of the law of Moses, then Grace will find its root and lifestyle in such believers and the manifold blessings of the Cross will be unveiled to them. The mentality of bondage still lingers in their mind - they still believe one baba in the village is against their success etc. Their mind is not renewed after the word of God and the fulfillments in the New Testament. The word says, "I'm COMPLETE in Christ". I don't know what on earth will make me INCOMPLETE as long as I'm IN Christ still other than religious spirit.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by plaetton: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
frosbel: I am raising this topic on the back of a few comments from Ijawkid and truthislight. Their comments got me thinking, why are so many churches in Nigeria preoccupied with binding , casting, loosing and chasing demons , not from sinners but from believers.

This is a real cause for worry, I mean if we who say we are Christians are not delivered how can we deliver others ? Or has anyone heard of a demon cast out of the disciples of Jesus or any member of the early church ?

Great question Frosbel.

But the answers are quite simple.

There is nothing else for them to do but to turn up the "FEAR" VOLUME from time to time.

Christianity , sorry, the entire judeo-christian religions are religions of fear.
Fear is the only currency of their trade.

The judeo-christian religions would be redundant and superfluous without the retainership of the devil, demons, evil spirits, etc.

These are religions that define themselves strictly on account of what they FEAR or what is to be feared.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by ednut1(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
na only for mfm u go bind demon for 10 years, yet same thing still afflicts u, who tell dem demon get their time, demon no see easy target for uk, china nd d west, arrant rubbish
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by PastorKun(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
plaetton:

Great question Frosbel.

But the answers are quite simple.

There is nothing else for them to do but to turn up the "FEAR" VOLUME from time to time.

Christianity , sorry, the entire judeo-christian religions are religions of fear.
Fear is the only currency of their trade.

The judeo-christian religions would be redundant and superfluous without the retainership of the devil, demons, evil spirits, etc.

These are religions that define themselves strictly on account of what they FEAR or what is to be feared.

What you fail to realise is that true christianity thrives on love and is not based on fear of devil or demons. Perhaps this lack of understanding explains why you descended into atheism.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
^^

perfectly stated !

Love is the epitome of what GOD is all about, that's why many religious people become abusive and condescending , when you counter their doctrines, they need more LOVE , as we all DO.

God is LOVE.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
ednut1: na only for mfm u go bind demon for 10 years, yet same thing still afflicts u, who tell dem demon get their time, demon no see easy target for uk, china nd d west, arrant rubbish

grin
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2013
Goshen360: Brother Frosbel,

This is a serious issue. I'm telling you! Even our so called brothers & sisters will come talking against you on this subject. I just CAN'T see from the scriptures where demons are CAST out of BELIEVERS OR CHRISTIANS from scriptures. See, there're many things that had eaten sooooooooo deep into the church today and like I always say, many people do not understand the GRACE dispensation.

The Nigeria church is sooooooo blinded to the Grace Gospel that they try to balance\mix it with the law. It is under the law that you see a type and shadow of the substance being under a demonic power. It is an outright insult to the FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST THAT THESE LEGALISTIC PREACHERS AND JUDAIZERS ARE CONSTANTLY CASTING OUT DEMONS FROM CHRISTIANS. Yes, like you said, we're not talking about UNSAVED OR UNBELIEVERS in this context but Christian or believers.

When you look into the word meanings of the word deliverance, it mean, "believing or believe in what is ALREADY DONE". Christianity is not churchianity. Churchianity is always do this or do that, Christianity says, it is done, it is finished....just believe in the finished work and you shall see the glory of God. Mehn, there's is an explosive power in the word of God. Treasures are buried in the New Testament, eyes have not seen nor ears heard.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And ye are complete in him (Christ), which is the head of all principality and power: Colossians 2:10

Many are saved by Grace through faith but are trying to live their salvation by the law or Grace mixed with the works of the law. The major problem with the legalistic is, the works of the law (of Moses) is still rooted in them. Take away (cast out) legalism and religion of the law of Moses, then Grace will find its root and lifestyle in such believers and the manifold blessings of the Cross will be unveiled to them. The mentality of bondage still lingers in their mind - they still believe one baba in the village is against their success etc. Their mind is not renewed after the word of God and the fulfillments in the New Testament. The word says, "I'm COMPLETE in Christ". I don't know what on earth will make me INCOMPLETE as long as I'm IN Christ still other than religious spirit.

It is indeed sad, when we as Christians are living our lives in the fear of demons, witches and other real and perceived enemies.

When we sin and open a way for demons , all we need to do is pray in repentance and they flee , for GOD is love, he will not share the same table with demons.

This legalistic Christianity in Nigeria has placed loads of people under the bondage of the law and sin, therefore they still operate according to the flesh and not the spirit.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by akinemma1: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
my own view is that "once delivered" does not mean "delivered forever".When you are delivered from sin and demonic oppressions,as a christian,you have the responsibility of maintaining your deliverance by not going back to your sins,that is why the bible says, "work out your salvation".The problem we are having in the body of christ is that we do not maintain our deliverance.When Jesus cast out demons from a man,he warned the man not to go back to his sins again.Most christians are still going back to their sins that is why demons are still having their way in them.Don't lets deceive ourself,since the day you got born again,can you remember how many times you have sinned and ask for God's forgiveness?Or will you say since you gave your life to Jesus you have not committed any sin?So far we are still sinning,even once in a while,the devil can still have his way.Only a single sin is enough to open the door for demons to come into a persons life.I have heard of many powerful pastors that God really used but at the end,they fell to the trap of the devil.Ask yourself,as anointed as moses was,how did the spirit of anger entered is life.As anionted as Samson was,how did the spirit of immorality entered into his life and dwell there.The bible kept saying,"the spirit of the lord came upon samson"despite this,the spirit of immorality remained in his life.Until you go for deliverance or you pray to God to deliver you,there is no way you can be free from demonic possessions.Jesus cast out many demons while he was alive,then after casting out the demons,he warned the people to sin no more.Most christians are yet to cast out the demons in them,they only confessed Jesus as their lord and savoiur without going for deliverance.In reality,such christians find it hard to live a holy life because of what is in them.When you go for deliverance and the demons are cast out,then you can pray for the holy spirit and then maintain your deliverance.On the issue of Jesus disciples, i will quote mark 8 vs 32-33 "Then Jesus explained clearly what he meant.Peter took Jesus aside and told him to stop talking like that.But when Jesus turned and saw the disciples,,he corrected Peter.He said to him,"satan get away from me!You are thinking like everyone else and not like God."That was Jesus rebuking satan in the life of peter.Don't forget,Peter too was casting out demons then through the power of God.All we need is the grace to stand firm and maintain our deliverance. So much to say,if am priviledged i will explain better next time.Shalom

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Goshen360(m): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
@ Dear brother Frosbel,

You have a lot of work to do more than you can imagine. Many Christians are follow-follow. Before you can establish the "Grace of God" gospel, you MUST FIRST uproot or cast out the mentality of the 'works' of law of Moses. Then, you can truly launch Christian to "stand in the liberty wherein Christ had made us free". They started in the Spirit but now continuing in the 'flesh'. There's more work to do within the church than outside the church.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by plaetton: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pastor Kun:

What you fail to realise is that true christianity thrives on love and is not based on fear of devil or demons. Perhaps this lack of understanding explains why you descended into atheism.

yeah right!
But isn't that the main thing about religion? One is always truer than the other ?
Everyone claims to be a custodian of the true religion.
Isn't that the source of every problem in the world today?
What else is new?
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by back2sender: 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pastor KUN & Frosbel i disagree with your notion on the love angle you raised. if the doctrines emanating from the church are based on LOVE we wont be seeing so much poverty,greed, atrocities in the society(Nigeria) today because most streets in Nigeria have at least 2 churches i.e church everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

The fear volume is what is preached today in churches and people have become a subject of thier fears

1 Like

Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by PastorKun(m): 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
back2sender: Pastor KUN & Frosbel i disagree with your notion on the love angle you raised. if the doctrines emanating from the church are based on LOVE we wont be seeing so much poverty,greed, atrocities in the society(Nigeria) today because most streets in Nigeria have at least 2 churches i.e church everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

The fear volume is what is preached today in churches and people have become a subject of thier fears

I never said most church doctrines are based on Love, what I said is that true christianity is based on love. Two entirely different things.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by ijawkid(m): 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by ijawkid(m): 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2013
But na true o........when early christians gathered it was always a time for encouragements and the revivifying of there zeal for the disciple making work and not for casting demons outta some demon possessed persons......grin........and quietness was always maintained......

I just don't know why today most times its all about casting demons..........
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by plaetton: 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
ijawkid: But na true o........when early christians gathered it was always a time for encouragements and the revivifying of there zeal for the disciple making work and not for casting demons outta some demon possessed persons......grin........and quietness was always maintained......

I just don't know why today most times its all about casting demons..........

Again, the answer is very simple.
It's in the DNA.
Everything must reproduce its own kind.
A desert cactus tree cannot bear watermelons.
Christianity was patched patched together in the same way that it is being propagated today.
Nothing really changes.
Today's christianity is still the dysfunctional offsping of a psychotic mother.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by sylve11: 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2013
Plaetton i cast and bind the demons in u. grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by plaetton: 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
sylve11: Plaetton i cast and bind the demons in u. grin grin grin grin grin cool

It's about time.
Now I am saved?

But for some odd reasons, demons seem to be only interested in molesting Christians.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by truthislight: 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
"And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies." (Revelation 18:2-3).
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by jayriginal: 11:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
Frosbel and co, perhaps this is the explanation. Taken from your own bible.

Matthew 12: 43-45

When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.

Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.

Might be better to leave the man with his one demon grin
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by nlMediator: 11:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
It's always interesting that every time this topic is discussed, you hardly hear one story about real life experiences of the people most vocal about the issue. It's only in Chrstianity that one can be an expert on any topic with little experience. People in the field dealing with these issues know what they see and that it is no fun. People who know little about how it works can always take comfort in quoting and misquoting scriptures, satisfying themselves that they have superior knowledge while many people are out there suffering. I want them to come here and share stories of people freed from demonic activity through their pontification. Without that, they're wasting their time. And other people's.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 20, 2013
nlMediator: It's always interesting that every time this topic is discussed, you hardly hear one story about real life experiences of the people most vocal about the issue. It's only in Chrstianity that one can be an expert on any topic with little experience. People in the field dealing with these issues know what they see and that it is no fun. People who know little about how it works can always take comfort in quoting and misquoting scriptures, satisfying themselves that they have superior knowledge while many people are out there suffering. I want them to come here and share stories of people freed from demonic activity through their pontification. Without that, they're wasting their time. And other people's.

No one is disputing that the power of GOD is available for the casting out of demons etc, our talk is about the endemic situation in many churches , where this is practiced more on the believers than unbelievers. Should believers not be mostly free from demonic possession ?

Surely there is something seriously wrong if these demons keep coming back , no ? Also what about MFM, where they are on a 24/7 , 365 days a year onslaught against real and perceived enemies , is this the gospel , to fight our enemies and take our eyes off the sole objective of our calling ?
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by ezme(m): 2:34am On Apr 20, 2013
When I remember these verses I feel sorry for those that run to SCOAN. With the hundreds of demons allegedly cast out there, and the multitude present in the Church. The demons may just be experiencing a change of host.
Unless the SCOAN will claim;
1. That being within that auditorium gives you immunity from being possessed.
2. That everyone present there has the holy spirit within them and therefore are not vacant vessels.

Matthew 12: 43-45

When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.

Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.

^^^
The Irony is I don't even believe any of the things I wrote up there anymore.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by truthislight: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2013
frosbel:

No one is disputing that the power of GOD is available for the casting out of demons etc, our talk is about the endemic situation in many churches , where this is practiced more on the believers than unbelievers. Should believers not be mostly free from demonic possession ?

Surely there is something seriously wrong if these demons keep coming back , no ? Also what about MFM, where they are on a 24/7 , 365 days a year onslaught against real and perceived enemies , is this the gospel , to fight our enemies and take our eyes off the sole objective of our calling ?

A business associate i know, has a daughter that sings for her church, she was brought home with some of her front dentures/tooth gone.

On enquiries, we were told she hard a demon attack while she was singing in front of the whole congregation on a sunday service as such she fell with her face to the ground and loses her front dentures/tooths and prayers were held to expel the demon there in the church befor she came back. sad

She hard never hard such attack befor, she is a teenager or so.
sad
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by akinemma1: 8:57am On Apr 20, 2013
frosbel:

I knew from the begining of your post where you are going to and that is to attack MFM.Since all this while you've been condemning churches,how many souls have you won to God's kingdom?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by truthislight: 10:59am On Apr 20, 2013
akin emma: I knew from the begining of your post where you are going to and that is to attack MFM.Since all this while you've been condemning churches,how many souls have you won to God's kingdom?

Is it only mfm that cast out Demons from its members?
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Jdfada: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2013
Christianity has become ritualistic. Christians find it difficult to spend quality time with God hence they lack knowledge. Every little issue they run to the pastors -the all 'Mr fix it'. Its unfortunate the pastors are not telling their congregation the truth. Demons can never stop tormenting any believer who doesn't know his left from his right. Even if he goes on six month dry fast and shout the loudest amen at every service.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Goshen360(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
Jd_fada: Christianity has become ritualistic. Christians find it difficult to spend quality time with God hence they lack knowledge. Every little issue they run to the pastors -the all 'Mr fix it'. Its unfortunate the pastors are not telling their congregation the truth. Demons can never stop tormenting any believer who doesn't know his left from his right. Even if he goes on six month dry fast and shout the loudest amen at every service.

You are a man of God.
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
Goshen360:

You are a man of God.
Oga Gosh, I dey wait you o... skype things grin

5 mins abeg.. I wan go find food chop.. it's late here..
Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by Truckpusher(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2013
frosbel: I am raising this topic on the back of a few comments from Ijawkid and truthislight. Their comments got me thinking, why are so many churches in Nigeria preoccupied with binding , casting, loosing and chasing demons , not from sinners but from believers.

because you have too many gullible,uneducated and uninformed moroNigerians running after them calling them DADDY swallowing everything they tell them hook ,line and sinker without asking the obvious question....smh

1 Like

Re: Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
a couple of demons were cast out of me once.. even a ring=leader and some marine spirit.. my cousin laughed for weeks when i told him of my esquiste performance to escape been beaten the shiit up if binding and casting did not work.. grin grin all because i was caught reading Lobsang Rampa books

I get a sense Churches percieve this age as the end times where demons will persecute christians and drink their blood.. they have to wrestle hard and regularly

(1) (2) (Reply)

17 Facts You Need To Know About Psalm 23 / Abuse Of "Allah" By The Christians / Truth, Fabrications, Or Fallacies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.