Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why I Can't Stop Telling People About Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Can't Stop Telling People About Hell (908 Views)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can't Stop Telling People About Hell by highyo: 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
Why should we spend time reading about hell?
1) Hearing about the terrors of hell may shock your conscience and awaken you out of your false security.
2) Hearing about hell helps to deter men from committing sin. Both the godly and the ungodly are persuaded not to sin as much when they are regularly reminded of the terrors of hell.
3) Hearing about the terrors of hell may help to awaken those among us who may think they are saved because they believe in Christ or the facts of the gospel, but who are not really saved and are on their way to hell, but don't know it.
4) Preaching the doctrine of hell is profitable to both the godly and the ungodly alike, as will be demonstrated.
Why aren't people fearful of hell? There seems to be a real lack of fear today of the reality of hell. This applies to both those who are in the church and those who are in the world. People are not afraid of hell.
Why?
You would not be afraid of a lion when it is only painted in a picture upon a wall. Why is this? Because it is only a picture. You know that it's not real. But if you were left alone in a jungle and came face to face with a real lion that growled ferociously at you, you would be terrified. The consciences of men are much like the man who only views the painted lion. We hear of hell in the Bible. We know that the Lord YAHUSHUA spoke of hell. In fact, Christ spoke more of hell than anyone else in the Scriptures.
Why do men not believe hell is real? Because they do not hear enough about it. We don't study what the Scriptures say about hell. It is not just what we hear which makes up what we believe, it is what we don't hear as well which helps to form our belief system. Only the Spirit of God can present the terrors of hell to our hearts in such a way as to see them alive before us. The doctrine of hell has been used by God more often to the conversion of sinners than any other doctrine in the Scriptures. Pray now that as you read this chapter the Holy Spirit will set hell before you as real indeed.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Stop Telling People About Hell by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
You will soon be banned to hell at this rate, i hope they dont lock you in permanently this time. Because you are becoming a real nuisance to the society.
Re: Why I Can't Stop Telling People About Hell by Subtext: 7:23am On Nov 22, 2012
My bro/sis may God strenghten you. Many will not heed your advice but are headed for destruction. Just put me in your prayers sha.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Stop Telling People About Hell by dunmorris(m): 10:15am On Nov 22, 2012
*dhtml:
You will soon be banned to hell at this rate, i hope they dont lock you in permanently this time. Because you are becoming a real nuisance to the society.
@Dhtml I Pity Ur life U Think U are Perfect? i pity Ur Life again B4 God!! Instead Of U to Pray 4 4giveness , Heaven Help dose wo help themselves.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Stop Telling People About Hell by advocate666: 10:27am On Nov 22, 2012
There is a place worse than hell. It's called heaven.
Re: Why I Can't Stop Telling People About Hell by totalbaby(f): 2:25am On Nov 27, 2012
you are a bigoted idiot.Hmmm i really feel sowi 4 u but u wil get what is coming to you! undecided
advocate666: There is a place worse than hell. It's called heaven.
Re: Why I Can't Stop Telling People About Hell by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 27, 2012
The story of hell doesn't scare me.
When I think of hell I think of Dante's interpretation which to me
was just a figment of his imagination that earned him notoriety.

I don't know what hell is or what it looks like. The only thing I strive for
is pleasing God and myself genuinely...not just to avoid rivers of fire tongue.

I am NOT implying it doesn't exist. I am just saying my sense of morality is not
hell oriented.

(1) (Reply)

Questions About Hell / Is Mr MOHAMMED Really The Comforter Jesus Said He Would Be Sending? / Atrocities And Evils Mouka Lazarus Committed Against Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.