Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing (10811 Views)

5 Signs That Your Visa Application Will Be Denied / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by ogunbekun: 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
Help all,

After a successful interview and the guy interviewing said he'll give us 2 yrs. He said our application will undergo further administrative process and they will get back to us (me and hubby) later to come and drop our passport for the visa. Whatever that means?

Please does anyone know?
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by snowbuster: 12:59am On Nov 21, 2012
They are trying to make some findings about the document you submit. Hope you dont go their with any fake doc . cos that is what they are trying to find out . its takes couples of month some times before they call you back , i wish you best of luck
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by osram(m): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2012
What type of visa did u apply for?
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by ogunbekun: 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ok. But i didnt submit any documents. I have a valid work and i earn a neat monthly/annual pay. He just spoke with us and said that.

We applied for visit. We are to go for vacation.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by FASTLINK1: 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
ogunbekun: Ok. But i didnt submit any documents. I have a valid work and i earn a neat monthly/annual pay. He just spoke with us and said that.

We applied for visit. We are to go for vacation.
Have you been travelling to US before?
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by ogunbekun: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
No, But i have gone to UK severally and other west african countries.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by ogunbekun: 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by omega25red(m): 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
Seems like you will more than likely get your visa. They are just doing extra checks. If you have nothing fishy in your application you will have no reason to worry.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by ogunbekun: 8:04am On Nov 22, 2012
ok then. Thanks so much for the info.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by ogunbekun: 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by Fredique(m): 8:47am On Nov 28, 2012
If you have nothing 'fishy', then there is nothing to worry about. Admin processing is usually common with some applicants whose religion is Islam, and if some of the countries they have travelled to raise flags with respect to terrorism. They just want to do further checks. If you are clean, you will be called to receive your visa.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by imperiouxx(m): 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
Like other said. Something looks bogus to the officer that was why he thought they need to confirm you are not faking anything. If your documents are fine after the verification, you will get your passport with your visa on it.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by ogunbekun: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
Our religion is Islam. Upon enquiry, i discovered that it has happened to some friend/former colleague too. He was called after 3 months!!!

We shall wait for their response.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by ogunbekun: 6:06am On Jan 05, 2013
Thanks y'all. They called us some 2 weeks ago to come and submit our passport for the visa. We were given 2 yrs multiple entry visa.

Thanks for your advice

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by nalacandi(f): 3:35am On Jan 30, 2015
I woukd like some advice. We filed a spousal visa and we finally had our interview after 23 months apart since marriage. Our inter was 11/05/14, but we were placed on AP. Fast forward, 01/29/14 we are still in AP, no change in status, no home visit, no progress, and can't get any information regarding our case. I don't understand why it's so secret the reason for our AP? Also if this process is to be about bringing families back together with shorter wait times, why are we still apart after 25 months? This is tortuous and seems so unnecessary. Plz don't misunderstand I get that US Security is of utmost concern in this process, I want my country to stay safe, I also get that Nigeria is a high fraud country, and I understand there are reasons for all this, but I don't understand why we are not allowed to know what is happening with our case so that we have an idea of some timeframe. Can anyone help me understand why my husband must go thru this suffering?
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by igwe100: 5:36am On Jan 30, 2015
@ nalacandi .the best I know on administrative process. Is normally it takes three months or less , the should called u back for another interview.if the dont called back in three months the want to investigate more about the case.so the best shot is that your papers are genuine.the will send field Marshalls if required.be patient with them and dont disturb them, the more u disturb them the more the keep u waiting and might come and give u a negative anwser.my visa took almost two years of administrative process there. I know how u feel.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by nalacandi(f): 5:10am On Feb 01, 2015
igwe100:
@ nalacandi .the best I know on administrative process. Is normally it takes three months or less , the should called u back for another interview.if the dont called back in three months the want to investigate more about the case.so the best shot is that your papers are genuine.the will send field Marshalls if required.be patient with them and dont disturb them, the more u disturb them the more the keep u waiting and might come and give u a negative anwser.my visa took almost two years of administrative process there. I know how u feel.

Thank u for replying. Do u mean that you actually spent 2 years in admin processing until approved or your entire process including ap took 2 years? We will be in ap 3 months in 1st week of February. I'm trying to be patient but I'm more worried than ever with the election and all this boka haram stuff going on. Just scared I guess.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by zeezahbee(f): 7:00am On Feb 01, 2015
igwe100:
2years. Sound weird shocked
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by nalacandi(f): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
zeezahbee:
2years. Sound weird shocked

We married Dec 2012 but we were not able to file our I-130 application until May 2013 due to attorney fees. Then we got caught in the government white house shut down once that passed things moved along as normal time frame but we again we delayed slightly due to the aos requirements. We got all approvals with no RFE's and smooth, so to speak. Then we had our interview 11\05\14 & we were put in AP with no stated reason for it. He was given contact sheet, completed it and gave it to the officer b4 he left the embassy. Tomorrow is 3 months in AP still with no reason why. Hope that helps? But, I can provide u more details if needed. I'm just so worried b about his safety and plus I really miss my husband. Due to my mother medical I have been unable to revisit bit I would enjoy another visit to see him again and to see more of Nigeria. Any thoughts on whether I should contact them again or still want it out a little longer?
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by igwe100: 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
yes two years.from the interview date.it was frustrating,at a time i forgot i had a pending application.
nalacandi:

Thank u for replying. Do u mean that you actually spent 2 years in admin processing until approved or your entire process including ap took 2 years? We will be in ap 3 months in 1st week of February. I'm trying to be patient but I'm more worried than ever with the election and all this boka haram stuff going on. Just scared I guess.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by igwe100: 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
if the contact sheet was given to him,be ready to welcome the embassy officers either at your work place,village,home anywhere.the cant call u back with without working on that contact sheet.it might not be the contacts u gave.
nalacandi:

We married Dec 2012 but we were not able to file our I-130 application until May 2013 due to attorney fees. Then we got caught in the government white house shut down once that passed things moved along as normal time frame but we again we delayed slightly due to the aos requirements. We got all approvals with no RFE's and smooth, so to speak. Then we had our interview 11\05\14 & we were put in AP with no stated reason for it. He was given contact sheet, completed it and gave it to the officer b4 he left the embassy. Tomorrow is 3 months in AP still with no reason why. Hope that helps? But, I can provide u more details if needed. I'm just so worried b about his safety and plus I really miss my husband. Due to my mother medical I have been unable to revisit bit I would enjoy another visit to see him again and to see more of Nigeria. Any thoughts on whether I should contact them again or still want it out a little longer?
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by zeezahbee(f): 2:09am On Feb 03, 2015
nalacandi:

Just let them be, they will call you when they are done.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by nalacandi(f): 2:52am On Feb 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
Just let them be, they will call you when they are done.

@zeezahbee y does 2 years sound so wierd to u? Also, I understand being patient, but how can you say just let them be?
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by nalacandi(f): 2:59am On Feb 03, 2015
igwe100:
if the contact sheet was given to him,be ready to welcome the embassy officers either at your work place,village,home anywhere.the cant call u back with without working on that contact sheet.it might not be the contacts u gave.

@igwe100 thanks we are definately prepared and welcome them to come into his home, village, work, or wherever. It just feels like nothing is happening after 3 months. I just don't get the secrecy in all this, to be honest, I know all the tricks and traded of my govt, havibg been in military family all my life, so it's not like I don't know they could be watching him, etc. But, I will say that I have never been through this before. We won't give up, but for me I am just trying to make sense of this whole process.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by bestridetravel: 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
I will congratulations to you. Be expecting your VISA soon in the address you provided. There is nothing much about all those grammar. Let not your haert be troubled dear. God bless you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by nalacandi(f): 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2015
bestridetravel:
I will congratulations to you. Be expecting your VISA soon in the address you provided. There is nothing much about all those grammar. Let not your haert be troubled dear. God bless you and your family.

Thanks bestridetravel appreciate the encouragement very much. I pray it will be soon. Amen! we won't give up we know God will carry us through.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 04, 2015
Will like to know if after the Interview by the Consular, and one is been placed under Administrative Processing Required, if the counting start in next following working day, or if they the embassy contact u and request for a particular document, and the document was send to them after 30 days of counting.
Please want to know how do one count to the 60days that is on their Website??
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by nalacandi(f): 4:40am On Feb 05, 2015
krisnwanegbo:
Will like to know if after the Interview by the Consular, and one is been placed under Administrative Processing Required, if the counting start in next following working day, or if they the embassy contact u and request for a particular document, and the document was send to them after 30 days of counting.
Please want to know how do one count to the 60days that is on their Website??

My understanding was that I had to wait 60 calendar days from the date of interview, ubless I am providing them additional I formation regarding the Case. That's just what I know from my case being in ap
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 06, 2015
By 13 Feb 2015 it will be 63 days since after the interview, am kind of worried about this AP stuff, asking if I shud send them mail as a reminder or I shud just ignore them??
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by nalacandi(f): 8:40am On Feb 08, 2015
krisnwanegbo:
By 13 Feb 2015 it will be 63 days since after the interview, am kind of worried about this AP stuff, asking if I shud send them mail as a reminder or I shud just ignore them??

In my experience so far I would say wait a bit longer. We been in ap more than 90 days now and emails didn't make much diff for us. But u can email them but they will not they'll u anything you don't already know and that he is ap. That's all they told me. But it is if right to start asking after 60 days.
Re: Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing by nalacandi(f): 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
Approved! Now we just need the visa. Thanks for all the support here. We really are appreciative. Wish I understood the process after approval better tho. Praying for those of you still in AP. There is hope and there is an end in sight. Just keep your strength in the Lord, Allah, Jehovah, etc. You will arrive there.

nalacandi

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ / Judge Returns Air Peace File For Re-Assignment / 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.