Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

When Your Boss Is Younger Than You - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Your Boss Is Younger Than You (11627 Views)

7 Sentences You Shouldn't Say To Your Boss - EVER / When Your Boss Refuses To Pay Your Salary? / Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Ellashow: 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Would you be comfortable working for someone who was young enough to be your brother or sister?.... And as such bossing you around to show he or she is the Boss
Your take on this pls...

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by RudySmith(m): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
Why not? If I had a problem with it then I would do something about it, like open my own business, or shut up.
U should b happy that this young person was kind enough 2 offer u a job, instead of focusing on the wrong issues here.

22 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Andrew3(m): 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
No way, I wont be comfortable for some personal reasons.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by nissparts(m): 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
If you think your age is important, carry your birth certificate to the bank and ask them to pay you money in recognition of it

33 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by DANILSA(m): 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
I HAD THAT CHALLENGE BUT MINE WAS OPPOSITE, I WAS THE SUPERVISOR WORKING WITH OLD MEN AND WOMEN, THEY WILL ALWAYS LOOK AT YOU TWICE BEFORE ACTION,THEIR FACE WILL ALWAYS SHOW LIKE "SEE THIS SMALL BOY DE TALK ANYHOW BECAUSE IM MANAGE BE MY OGA"
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by lifestyle1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
No matter how young he/she is, he/she is the B0$$...

And if you are not confortable with that then quit and be your own b0$$. undecided

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Kslib(m): 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
::Andrew:::
NO WAY, I WONT CONFORTABLE.
na wa oh!! Why you no use pidgin write??

12 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Nezan(m): 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
DANILSA: I HAD THAT CHALLENGE BUT MINE WAS OPPOSITE, I WAS THE SUPERVISOR WORKING WITH OLD MEN AND WOMEN, THEY WILL ALWAYS LOOK AT YOU TWICE BEFORE ACTION,THEIR FACE WILL ALWAYS SHOW LIKE "SEE THIS SMALL BOY DE TALK ANYHOW BECAUSE IM MANAGE BE MY OGA"

I personally solved this problem when I querried all of them and gave them 24hrs ultimatum to respond or face further sanctions. That day it became obvious to them who was the boss.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by MadCow1: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
angry

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by adventisty: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
You'll Respect yourself!
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Abujafood: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
Who cares, as long as he doesn't overstep his boundaries like asking me to go and do his laundry or one silly errand that has nothing to do with my job! He dare not raise his hands against me, or else, Gidigbo or sparring match will follow!
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by sylve11: 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Kslib:

Because him nor saby pidgin English. grin cool
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by JoanJohnson(f): 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
I won't even take the job @ d first place cuz he/she might get me upset and dat aspect of the age will come into my mind, and i might end up getting fired.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ellashow: Would you be comfortable working for someone who was young enough to be your brother or sister?.... And as such bossing you around to show he or she is the Boss
Your take on this pls...

lolz....
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by 27naira(m): 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
This question oozes arrogance. Nobody gives a number 4 about your age when it comes to subordination and supervision in the business world. Your perform your job or get The fck out. There is no "aunty" or "brother" or even "sir" in the corporate world. smiley abi you dey work for local govt? No offence cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by segzicres(m): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
sylve11:

. Lmaoooooooo. Azin ehn!
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by IYANGBALI: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
nissparts: If you think your age is important, carry your birth certificate to the bank and ask them to pay you money in recognition of it
Seconded. Nigerians and age na we for una o
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by jeddyMay(f): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
my boss is a typical example, though he is in his late 20s(same age bracket). it pisses me off whenever his Ego takes over him(which is always in charge) and he does not know JACK abt the "work". i ve to add som of his duties to mine. undecided
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by DANILSA(m): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nezan:

I personally solved this problem when I querried all of them and gave them 24hrs ultimatum to respond or face further sanctions. That day it became obvious to them who was the boss.
grin grin grin
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by dramenda(f): 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
IF YOU DONT WANT ANYBODY TO BOSS YOU,START YOUR OWN BNEZ.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
Joan Johnson: I won't even take the job @ d first place cuz he/she might get me upset and dat aspect of the age will come into my mind, and i might end up getting fired.

Seriously?
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by igbinadolor(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
Its simple if you cant work under him/her,quit,then Join the Labour Market again, if not suck it up and swallow ur pride.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Andrew3(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
Kslib:

Ever heard of "error of omission"?

4 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by NEROSKY(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
E no concern me oh.! Na my money concern me!

Woman self una n age mata!
Wen woman is young she looks 4 Older Men, wen she is Old then she long 4 young guys/blood!..rubbish philosophy!..wen una go liv age
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by naiko: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
i had a similar experience some years back,where i supervised 31 people in a team.i was brought in mid way into a project.you need to see the attitudes but with God i was able to complete the project with them.one of my tactics then was to accord them maximum respect,when i have to take decisions base on the job i give them the opportunity to make suggestions why i remind them that every decisions from 'them' will be final,i ran an open regime while gave the chance to work with less supervision.

5 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
He/She remains your boss.
Cant handle it? -Take a walk.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by isuomo: 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Did you say my BOSS? nuff said.
Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Andrew3(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
sylve11:

I wonder why some scrupulous elements ignore their primary anticident of coming
to Nairaland and engage in feckless reparations.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by greatgod2012(f): 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
Abeg, age is not a barrier, if u apply 4 a job, ur duty is to do it as expected, regardless of who or how old is ur boss, we tend to lay too much emphasis on age, if u are humble, u are humble, if u are arrogant, u are arrogant, dt ur boss is younger than u is not a licence 4 u to be rude, lazy or irresponsible,respect beget respect, if u respect urself by doing d right thing at d right time, u will be respected, even by ur boss, so, in a nutshell, if ur boss is younger than u, respect yourself, and u will also be respected.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by SisiKill1: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
SMDH @ Topic

. . .and we wonder where the Mark Zukerberg, Angelo Sotira, Catherine and David Cook of Nigeria are. Where else would they be but stifling away under some big man's thumb all because they will be considered "Too Young to be boss"

God Help us all!! undecided

3 Likes

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by obi123: 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
oyinbo people are funny , i used to work at a gambling place during my uni years , so mgt brought in one 20yr old boy to be our oga, we were very pissed as some us had worked for years and knew a lot more than he would know, they said he was outspoken, this and that and of course he was British, they were so convinced that he was what the store needed.
so on one faithful day we resumed work ah ah where is oga to open the store ? no show, they called his number, nothing, can you believe that the area mgr now decided to go to his house and the boy was dozing according to his mum, he went out the night b4, he didn't even show face , he sent his mum to give the area mgr the key to the store, of course he never came back .
Well they offered me the position , i accepted it nicely and scrammed 2mths later , me wey don dey find another job tey tey

1 Like

Re: When Your Boss Is Younger Than You by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
definitely would not work for a black boss who was younger then me. tufia

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Vacancies Nationwide from 2016 / Academic Vacancies At Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture (179 Positions) / More Teachers Wanted Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.