Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges (5483 Views)

John Terry Cleared Of Racism Against Anton Ferdinand / John Terry Cleared Of Racism Against Anton Ferdinand / John Terry Cleared Of Racism Against Anton Ferdinand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by ifysoft: 6:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
Sorry Chelsea Fans...

Clattenburg cleared as FA charge Mikel 22 Nov 2012
The club did not wish to proceed in relation to the other allegation. The club provided witness statements from two players, Ramires Santos do Nascimento (“Ramires”) and John Obi Mikel.

The details of the allegation were that following one or the other of the red cards issued during the second half of the game, Ramires heard Mark Clattenburg say to John Obi Mikel, “shut up you monkey”. John Obi Mikel did not hear the alleged comment.

On 1 Nov 2012, The FA requested that Chelsea disclose full details of their internal investigation.
On 5 Nov 2012, Chelsea FC provided The FA with witness statements from other Chelsea FC players and officials.
On 5 Nov 2012, The FA interviewed Ramires and John Obi Mikel, using the TV match footage obtained by The FA.
Between 7 and 8 Nov 2012, The FA interviewed all four match officials.
On 9 and 14 Nov 2012, further to FA requests, Chelsea FC provided unbroadcast video footage of the game from static cameras.
On 15 Nov 2012, The FA reinterviewed Ramires to show him the previously unseen video footage provided by the club. At this stage, for the first time, the exact point at which the comment was alleged to have been made was established.
In light of this new information, between 15 and 19 Nov 2012, The FA interviewed the players who were in the vicinity of the alleged incident, and reinterviewed John Obi Mikel and the match officials.
Chelsea FC was offered the opportunity to provide any further information or evidence that they believed could be relevant to the allegation.
The FA then sought advice on the evidence gathered from independent Queen’s Counsel.

The essential facts found:

The evidence for the allegation came from one witness, Ramires. Ramires, whose first language is not English, explained that his instinctive reaction was to seek confirmation from John Obi Mikel as to what the referee had said.
John Obi Mikel, who was being spoken to by the referee, was much closer to the referee than Ramires and did not hear what it is suggested was said to him.
Three other witnesses, i.e. the other Match Officials, to whom everything said by referee was relayed via their communication equipment, are adamant the alleged words were not uttered.

There is nothing in the video footage to support the allegation.
For completeness, but of lesser weight, two other players, whose first language is English and were in the vicinity, did not hear anything untoward.
The decision:
Having considered all of the available evidence it was the opinion of David Waters QC, independent counsel, that the evidence of Ramires was not supported by any other evidence.

Moreover it was contradicted by other witnesses and does not cross the evidential threshold required to bring a charge against Mark Clattenburg.
Having considered Counsel’s opinion, and in view of all the circumstances of the case, The FA does not believe that there is a case for Mr Clattenburg to answer.
Equally The FA is satisfied that the allegation against Mark Clattenburg by Ramires was made in good faith. It is entirely possible for a witness to be genuinely mistaken and convincing in his belief.
The FA receives and investigates numerous allegations of misconduct over the course of a season. All allegations are properly investigated. It is not uncommon for investigations to lead to no disciplinary charge being brought.
The FA encourages all players who believe they have been either subject, or witness to, discriminatory abuse to report the matter immediately to the match officials on the day.

Furthermore, all Participants are advised to report any such alleged misconduct to The FA. In this case, the player and club were correct in reporting the matter to The FA and it was appropriate and proper for such an allegation to be thoroughly investigated.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9696732/Mark-Clattenburg-cleared-of-racism-charges-The-FAs-statement-in-full.html
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by zumbigbo(m): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
Chelsea sour grapes made this nonsense up - they cannot lose a game, shake hands and leave the pitch quietly. Having felt the wrath of racism in the Terry FA rebuke, they felt they could use the same charge to gain moral kudos. They used Mikel as their 'patsy' in the process. Shabby club, management and players.
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by kuzzieOtiz: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
Chelsea phucked up cheesy Now they are going to use mikel as a scapegoat. grin grin
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by KayDee4: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
If the grave accusations they made against Clattenburg are found to be false , Mikel, Ramires (kondo' head) and Chelski(the shekpe club) should be punished to the max.

1 Like

Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by aieromon(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ramires has put Mikel in deep shyt. It was very wise of Mata not to press charges but Mikel,hmm lipsrsealed
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Screwface(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
Of course he was going to be cleared. I'v alwayz known that.
The day the Police 'dropped' the charges,i knew the FA would also toll the same path eventually.
There were no substantial evidence backing up their claims; No video footage as was the case with John Terry and Suarez. Just hearsay from someone whose first Language is not English to start with.
Actually,i think where Chelsea lost it was when a certain player of their's,Romelu or so,came out to say his Spanish brother hadn't heard the alleged racist comment directed at him too.
Actually,the Chelsea player shouldn't have openly say someting like that.
The case against Mata was dropped primarily because of that comment..thatz what i think.
Anywayz,that's their own headache. But expect Chelsea to be singled out by the refree for the rest of the season.
Liverpool fell from Grace to grace when Rafa Benitez openly criticised the English Ref/FA..and a certain Sir Alex Ferguson. And in England,when you criticise the Refrees,you directly have slandered the FA.
Liverpool are yet to recover from that fall.
Now Chelsea has mercifully joined them..with the same culprit as the Manager now.grin
Does it get any better than this?
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Prosperkaro(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
U see, right frm d begining i know say dis man go free, if na naija dis one nor be case
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by franksunny(m): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
is mikel that called himself a monkey

1 Like

Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by BabaO2: 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
They know nobody to push the case against the referee again after the sack of RDM, They are really tw*ts.
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by olaezebala: 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mukina welldone o. My ban don over abi? If say na moderator way I hate, I for dash u the middle finger but as par say u be correct person,I dash u my grand ma gaaaaaaaari factory. Now back to the topic. Mikel is already dancing to dbanj song: "na u be the scape goat, bother"

1 Like

Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Ayomax(m): 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
I'm so happy everything is going frm bad to worst for chelshit. forze JUVE grin
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Aphrygian(m): 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
Am sorry for going off topic.guys pls can i downlaod videos on youtube with my system?If yes pls how?.
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by alaoeri: 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
Pity mikel in the whole scenario.
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
the hunter has become the hunted. Hope he will be free without charges but i doubt. oyinbo wahala
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Josh316(m): 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
Its obvious most of the people commenting on Nairaland are SEVERELY DYSLEXIC... a well detailed report was give and all they can write is the shyte that enters their head from hoarding it... sad...
That said, the FA did well, and CFC also did well... Clattenburg can now move on with his life unlike Terry... This will make all who are concerned 9players and refs) more conscious about what they say or do on/off the pitch
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ramirez dey teach Mikel English
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
Aphrygian: Am sorry for going off topic.guys pls can i downlaod videos on youtube with my system?If yes pls how?.

What system do you have?

And where are you trying to save the downloaded item?
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by blocker: 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
grin grin grin Ramirez use Mikel brain chop suya. E be like na Ramirez wen dey call "monkey".
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by lomprico(m): 11:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
blocker: grin grin grin Ramirez use Mikel brain chop suya. E be like na Ramirez wen dey call "monkey".

grin lol abi o!
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by TableLeg(m): 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
More woes for Chelsea Football Club ... Fluke of Europe!
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by IYANGBALI: 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Chelsea lost again......loser,s club for life
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by hydiciousb: 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Aphrygian(m): 1:09am On Nov 23, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

What system do you have?

And where are you trying to save the downloaded item?

so far i dont even see any downloadin command.the site is not interactive like vuclip.i dont no how to go about it from the scratch
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by BodyKiss(m): 1:46am On Nov 23, 2012
Aphrygian: Am sorry for going off topic.guys pls can i downlaod videos on youtube with my system?If yes pls how?.

If you use Firefox, copy and paste the url below on your browser's address bar. Click "Add to Firefox" to install the plugin. When you visit youtube to playe video, you'll see a button named "Download", click it to download the movie.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/easy-youtube-video-downl-10137/
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by bolayei: 2:30am On Nov 23, 2012
the guy is like see these ones wey no sure if them black or white dey vex for me like if i sound dem now dem go call me racist
hydiciousb: grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by kunle86(m): 7:23am On Nov 23, 2012
I dont now why chelsea always refuse to accept defeat, mikel should be purnish 4 that, he called himself monkey, all refrees are now afraid to blow in chelsea game.
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Donlexino(m): 8:01am On Nov 23, 2012
zumbigbo: Chelsea sour grapes made this nonsense up - they cannot lose a game, shake hands and leave the pitch quietly. Having felt the wrath of racism in the Terry FA rebuke, they felt they could use the same charge to gain moral kudos. They used Mikel as their 'patsy' in the process. Shabby club, management and players.
u r a vry stupid boy...
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by debetmx(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2012
zumbigbo: Chelsea sour grapes made this nonsense up - they cannot lose a game, shake hands and leave the pitch quietly. Having felt the wrath of racism in the Terry FA rebuke, they felt they could use the same charge to gain moral kudos. They used Mikel as their 'patsy' in the process. Shabby club, management and players.
Chelsh*t you be fined and Mikel banned for 8months. USELESS PPLE
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 23, 2012
Ramirez has gotten mikel into a mess here.
I knew the allegations were baseless ryt frm the begining.
Re: Mark Clattenburg Cleared Of Racism Charges by delegiwa(m): 9:11am On Nov 23, 2012
Josh316: Its obvious most of the people commenting on Nairaland are SEVERELY DYSLEXIC... a well detailed report was give and all they can write is the shyte that enters their head from hoarding it... sad...
That said, the FA did well, and CFC also did well... Clattenburg can now move on with his life unlike Terry... This will make all who are concerned 9players and refs) more conscious about what they say or do on/off the pitch

So because Terry was charged, somebody else should be charged as well? At least in Terry's case it was caught on camera! The Mikel the stuff was said to didnt even hear it. It was relayed to him by somebody whose first lingo isnt English! Haba!! If u lose a match, bear it and win the next one and stop clutching at straws abeg!

Una own too much!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Sunderland (1 - 0) On Saturday January 14 2012 / Wigan Athletic (3) V Chelsea (1) , On Saturday Sat, Septenber 26 2009 / Man United Till We Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.