Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

Strategies For Getting A Relieable Sales Person:any Idea - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Strategies For Getting A Relieable Sales Person:any Idea (750 Views)

Get Commission For Getting Me Any Of This Business / What Are The Requirements For Getting A POS Machine? / Forex Strategies For Dummy Traders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strategies For Getting A Relieable Sales Person:any Idea by ndchucks: 9:26pm On Feb 07, 2008
I have a boutique with two sales girls well paid, but what they do behind me is unbelievable.I want new good ones any idea how to select one?
Re: Strategies For Getting A Relieable Sales Person:any Idea by ebere76: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2008
I have a sister that just graduate, where is your location, number and mail address?

08057498753 agboma_ngozi@yahoo.com
Re: Strategies For Getting A Relieable Sales Person:any Idea by kazey(m): 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2008
Somethings you could do to help in maximize your employees efficiency and productivity

1. Sales Training.
2. Weekly feedback meeting from employees to employer.
3. Having pay structure based on productivity such as amount of sales per week with a basic.
4. Customer Feedback on all sales to get a free discount on product, this could be done by using a feedback form with a coupon.
5. Potential Employees should have extensive desire to sell before employment. This could be determined through interview on why they would like to work in the shop etc?
Re: Strategies For Getting A Relieable Sales Person:any Idea by joblinker: 10:39am On Feb 11, 2008
Before we give you more advice, tell us what those sales girls did or still do as the case may be.
Are they abandoning their duties to follow guys in the neighbourhood? Are they looting your hard-earned money and the profits thereof?
Are they having nonchalant and lackadaisical attitude 2 the work?

What?
Re: Strategies For Getting A Relieable Sales Person:any Idea by ndchucks: 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2008
Nonchalant attitude toward their job. When am not around some customers will meet them sleeping in turns.

Sales or no sales is non of their business kind of attitude.

Despite how well i treat them,

These was what the last set of girls did b4 I sack them.

Now these ones. Some times they will add money to the real price of the goods to favour themselves if u don't like it go.

I notice that I sale more when am in d shop what shall I do?
Re: Strategies For Getting A Relieable Sales Person:any Idea by fatherab1: 5:18pm On Feb 13, 2008
One day a man's dog jacked one of his chickens in its mouth. The man had pity on the dog thinking it might be hungry, so he gave it its best food. But the man was surprised when after awhile the dog happily came back with 2 of his chickens in its mouth.

Lesson learnt:
WHATEVER IS REWARDED IS WHAT GETS DONE. WHATEVER YOU REWARD PEOPLE FOR IS WHAT THEY DO!

Workers dont do what you EXPECT they do what you can INSPECT!

@poster, the problem is that you reward them for being lazy and sluggish. So they remain so. Why pay them when they are not productive? Except you have arrived financially like 1 of my mentors who recruited and trained many people but told them its just for them to collect salaries and develop themselves. But if you cant afford such philantropy, then I advise u to make their salaries to be partially based on their productivity and profitability. This will make them to sit up to the fact that any month you are not satisfied with their services, they may get half salary or something. And when there's ununsual sales, dont 4get 2 reward them specially( verbal appreciation, gifts, etc). These r few tips that will make ur workers see your business as THEIR OWN. Big companies sell large shares to their top managers to make them stake their necks nt just their hands.
I rest my case.

(1) (Reply)

Visafone: What Hope Lies Thereon? / How To Turn $6 Into $1000! / A Shocker About Internet Marketing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.