Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day (5393 Views)

Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich / Oil Crashes Below $30 / Angola Overtakes Nigeria In Crude Oil Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by solomon111(m): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
juman: 1.5M barrels per day is too much for nigeria.

It should be totally stopped. grin grin

We don't need oil at all. There are many nations without oil and they are fine.

And there are many nations that are excelling with oil.
Oil is not the problem.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
Kx:

I tried to reason with your analysis until d post below brought me back to reality:
that person is probably a kid, the recurrent expenditure can be well taken of by other government parastatals. Didn't you read that in 9 months FIRS made enough to finance the entire 2012 budget?

There is nothing I hate more than ignorant people here on nl trying to form economists with PhD. The data is out there in the public but unfortunately they can not read, instead they base arguments on sentiments and heresy.

Before I forget, you should go investigate other means through which government makes tons upon tons of money.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
blink182: I am probably more qualified educationally than you. How exactly does it affect me?

I provide housing for myself
I have my own borehole
I have a generating set
I have no social or health insurance, I pay all bills myself
I pay for my security

Bad roads, poor electricity supply, poor health system, bureaucratic bottle necks, blatant corruption, impunity, I am even made to pay for the incompetence of the government whenever I have to fuel my generating set. These are a few of the things I have to endure.

So tell me exactly how oil production affects my life positively, I might truly be ignorant?

I guess you also employ yourself and you pay your own salary to fund everything you said.
Okay your answer will be you are your own boss....I can only guess your customers don't depend on the government in anyway whatsoever for their income. Abeg always make proper use of your upstairs.

Though I'm in support of oil drying up.....not because of anything but the fact that the senséless people in nigeria (both the leaders and followers) will start utilizing other resources and develop other promising sectors
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
blink182: I am probably more qualified educationally than you. How exactly does it affect me?

I provide housing for myself
I have my own borehole
I have a generating set
I have no social or health insurance, I pay all bills myself
I pay for my security

Bad roads, poor electricity supply, poor health system, bureaucratic bottle necks, blatant corruption, impunity, I am even made to pay for the incompetence of the government whenever I have to fuel my generating set. These are a few of the things I have to endure.

So tell me exactly how oil production affects my life positively, I might truly be ignorant?

I guess you also employ yourself and you pay your own salary to fund everything you said.
Okay your answer will be you are your own boss....I can only guess your customers don't depend on the government in anyway whatsoever for their income. Abeg always make proper use of your upstairs.

Though I'm in support of oil drying up.....not because of anything but the fact that the senséless people in nigeria (both the leaders and followers) will start utilizing other resources and develop other promising sectors
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
kutchs: I see so much stupidity here.
people asking how it affects them.
When the country is no longer able to fund its budget, people will be owed salaries, workers will be retrenched and even the poverty and hunger in the country will go to an alltime high.
It makes no sense wishing evil for ur country when ur life and survival depends on the oil proceeds.
actually you are so full of stupidity, its blinding you. Everywhere you look, its the only thing you can see.

95% of nigerians are under the poverty line. In numbers, it equates to 8m people above the poverty line, assuming we have a population of 160m. Do you personally believe there are 8m well to do people in Nigeria?

The wealthy in Nigeria is so thin that when a single plane crashes in the country, it seems like all the wealthy people in the country died in the crash.

The oil booty is being enjoyed by less than 2% of the population and you feel if the booty varnishes, we will die along with them? Well you and the stupid nigerians you see in your imagination can experience massive poverty and die along with them.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
speedyboi:

stop dreaming and wake up. Brain fuel is expensive.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
Even see the response to the thread, nigerians don't give a phuck.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Gbongbonosi(f): 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2012
kutchs:

The guy asked how oil production affects his life and I ask with what does he run his gen and borehole?
Water I guess!
So many families depend on oil revenue for survival that you cant dispute. Now think of what will happen to such families when the govt is no longer able to pay their salaries.
even if dry today dat one not conserning me it's only left for igbo and after that we have to seprate
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by skyfall: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
kutchs: I see so much stupidity here.
people asking how it affects them.
When the country is no longer able to fund its budget, people will be owed salaries, workers will be retrenched and even the poverty and hunger in the country will go to an alltime high.
It makes no sense wishing evil for ur country when ur life and survival depends on the oil proceeds.

And you the un-stu.pid one don't know that this will wake up the docile masses from their slumber, and make govt positions unattractive to these criminals in power?

It will affect me but I wish the oil dries up or at least production grinds to a halt for 6months.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by b03liberty(m): 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
kutchs:

The guy asked how oil production affects his life and I ask with what does he run his gen and borehole?
Water I guess!
So many families depend on oil revenue for survival that you cant dispute. Now think of what will happen to such families when the govt is no longer able to pay their salaries.
then let the govt pack off for people who capable cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2012
blink182: actually you are so full of stupidity, its blinding you. Everywhere you look, its the only thing you can see.

95% of nigerians are under the poverty line. In numbers, it equates to 8m people above the poverty line, assuming we have a population of 160m. Do you personally believe there are 8m well to do people in Nigeria?

The wealthy in Nigeria is so thin that when a single plane crashes in the country, it seems like all the wealthy people in the country died in the crash.

The oil booty is being enjoyed by less than 2% of the population and you feel if the booty varnishes, we will die along with them? Well you and the stupid nigerians you see in your imagination can experience massive poverty and die along with them.

Please prove your point without giving us any shitty stats....thanks
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
Who is the person trying to say that Nigerians are stupid for rejoicing? Fyi, Nigerians do not benefit from oil. Only the few in oil companies and in government. Why are you even so afraid of oil finishing? If it finishes, it will force state govts to develop their resources and each state will then have to contribute to the coffers of the fed. govt and not the other way round. The only time the fed. Govt should give to states should be in cases of bailout or emergencies. Hopefully this will make governors to sit up.I'm against people insulting others just to make a point. If you have a point make it without calling anyone stupid or ignorant. There are always two sides to a coin and people do not always have to see things the same way.period
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
As an addendum, what causes the oil thieves to steal oil from pipelines? The government has just not made oil beneficial to its citizens. If people have jobs and are well taken care of no one will bunker oil pipelines. Nigerians should be able to own oil companies and not just the international oil companies. We should be able to have pipelines companies arising from the oil and gas. So much businesses could arise from this oil and gas but yet the average person does not have access but instead its given to the international coys. I still agree that the govt is not doing enough to help nigerians with this. Production will increase only when people stop bunkering and that will happen when people are no longer hungry.alberta in canada has oil. A lot of small indigenous companies as well as the large ones plus pipeline companies, land, environmental consultants, etc exist alongside. Everyone benefits directly or indirectly(plus favorable employment and human rights laws).give citizens a chance and the economy will prosper

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Production Crashes Below 1.5 M Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
juman: 1.5M barrels per day is too much for nigeria.

It should be totally stopped. grin grin

We don't need oil at all. There are many nations without oil and they are fine.

all we have to do is invest more in agriculture/farming

(1) (2) (Reply)

The SCAMMING Schemes Of Krixmas Logistics / Please Suggest Catchy Names For My Supermarket / Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.