Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Questions For The Ladies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Questions For The Ladies (9200 Views)

To The Ladies, Whats The Best Way To Care For Your Private Part / Questions For Married Men / Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For The Ladies by maclatunji: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
1. Do you accept that the husband is the head/leader of the home?

2. If you do, how would you like him to correct you if he feels you have done something wrong?

3 Likes

Re: Questions For The Ladies by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2012
maclatunji: 1. Do you accept that the husband is the head/leader of the home?

2. If you do, how would you like him to correct you if he feels you have done something wrong?

1. yes

2. Talk about it to harsh it out.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by maclatunji: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2012
jidegirl12:

1. yes

2. Talk about it to harsh it out.

I assume there has to be some communication in "letting you know" you have done something wrong. How good a negotiator are you especially when the other party is accusing you of doing something wrong? Do you go on the defensive and try to rationalise or do you see things from the man's perspective? Questions that your response have triggered in my mind.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by greatgod2012(f): 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
@ op,
1. Yes, no controversy about that.

2. Tell me exactly how he feel about what and how i did wrong, then we trash it out, at last, say sorry to him d best way i know how to say it.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by maclatunji: 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2012
greatgod2012: @ op,
1. Yes, no controversy about that.

2. Tell me exactly how he feel about what and how i did wrong, then we trash it out, at last, say sorry to him d best way i know how to say it.

Please can you expatiate on the bolded? Is there like a "ceremony" or something?
Re: Questions For The Ladies by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2012
@

3 Likes

Re: Questions For The Ladies by Bngene1: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
1 yes i do
2 I will want him to do it lovingly and calmly when am in my best mood wink

1 Like

Re: Questions For The Ladies by Busybody2(f): 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2012
1) Of course he is the Head, he wears the "trouser" in the relationship, I just tell him which "ones" to wear all the time grin

2) He married Mrs Right - I am always "right" so there is no room to entertain "wrong" in my dictionary cheesy

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

7 Likes

Re: Questions For The Ladies by maclatunji: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
Busy_body:
1) Of course he is the Head, he wears the "trouser" in the relationship, I just tell him which "ones" to wear all the time grin

2) He married Mrs Right - I am always "right" so there is no room to entertain "wrong" in my dictionary cheesy

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Women like you are really handfuls, the only thing there is that your man knows you've got his back and that's really cool. tongue

1 Like

Re: Questions For The Ladies by maclatunji: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
chaircover: 1. yes

2. I prefer that he goes straight to the point with what I have done and not to say it in too many words which thank God he does. I hate nagging men. deep in me I usually know when ive goofed and i apologize straight away.

What I dont want is you not saying anything when I commit offence A and then when I carry out offense B, you add offense A and offense B together and complain about both offences at the same time. . . . gerrit grin

I get that, I don't like that too.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2012
maclatunji:

I assume there has to be some communication in "letting you know" you have done something wrong. How good a negotiator are you especially when the other party is accusing you of doing something wrong? Do you go on the defensive and try to rationalise or do you see things from the man's perspective? Questions that your response have triggered in my mind.

Oga Mac , I am a very good listener , I live for my family and i will do anything for them.

if I do something wrong , I will know the atmosphere is thick around the house so I'll be like dude what's going on? And he says it right away and we harsh it out...

but honestly I've always been the one on the receiving end cos I'm like a meek, I watch and be careful what I say and he tries not to take advantage of that, i respect him for that and he's a good man ....that's not the case for me on NL tho grin
Re: Questions For The Ladies by bntY: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
1.of course,Yes.
2.The same way he had like to be corrected,i run on oxygen too.no nagging,bossing,redherring.just straight to d point and subtly.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
1. No! He made me understand that we're equal.

2. We talk to each other, correct our mistakes. Also note, we compromise a lot.

1 Like

Re: Questions For The Ladies by maclatunji: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
jidegirl12:

Oga Mac , I am a very good listener , I live for my family and i will do anything for them.

if I do something wrong , I will know the atmosphere is thick around the house so I'll be like dude what's going on? And he says it right away and we harsh it out...

but honestly I've always been the one on the receiving end cos I'm like a meek, I watch and be careful what I say and he tries not to take advantage of that, i respect him for that and he's a good man ....that's not the case for me on NL tho grin

Sweet. Your "meekness" does come across on Nairaland too.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Sweet. Your "meekness" does come across on Nairaland too.

yeah I guess ....I was too perceive until I was bullied a while ago here then I started to grow some e-balls lately.... It's been helpful in my real life I must say .... I say some things and my hubby & my eldest kid just look at themselves with surprise ! She said mom what got into you lately?

My hubby says way to go baby! grin

Lets not derail sir
Re: Questions For The Ladies by slimyem: 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2012

1.Yes
2.As long as he doesn't do it in public/in any other person's presence,or abusively,all will be well!!

2 Likes

Re: Questions For The Ladies by maclatunji: 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
slimyem:
1.Yes
2.As long as he doesn't do it in public/in any other person's presence,or abusively,all will be well!!

Your response to number 2 looks more like a threat. I am smiling here so that I don't look like a madman in the midst of other people by LOL.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2012
1. Do you accept that the husband is the head/leader of the home?

ME: Yes!

ME: I would like to be corrected calmly and nicely in LOVE & AFFECTION. Shouting angrily at me wouldn't solve anything; it would only worsen it because doing that would make me withdraw to my shell.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by slimyem: 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Your response to number 2 looks more like a threat. I am smiling here so that I don't look like a madman in the midst of other people by LOL.
lol...
Its what i don't and won't expect/accept from my man for whatever reason or under any circumstance,otherwise.....cheesycheesy
Re: Questions For The Ladies by CrazyMan(m): 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2012
Yes I do

maclatunji: 2. If you do, how would you like him to correct you if he feels you have done something wrong?
He should tell me politely...I believe that would be the best way to go about it.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by greatgod2012(f): 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Please can you expatiate on the bolded? Is there like a "ceremony" or something?

No,one thing i discover about him is dt my kneeling down to beg him after a disagreement melts his heart, and since i have discovered that, i have been using it accordingly. Once he says, honey, i dont like d way u .....blahblar......, i quickly go on my knees and start begging, he rarely allow my knee to touch d floor b4 carrying me up, d next thing is, its over, just dont do that again, and yes, its indeed over as he said it.

5 Likes

Re: Questions For The Ladies by maclatunji: 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
greatgod2012:

No,one thing i discover about him is dt my kneeling down to beg him after a disagreement melts his heart, and since i have discovered that, i have been using it accordingly. Once he says, honey, i dont like d way u .....blahblar......, i quickly go on my knees and start begging, he rarely allow my knee to touch d floor b4 carrying me up, d next thing is, its over, just dont do that again, and yes, its indeed over as he said it.

I am not a big fan of kneeling but the logic of the process is infallible. I think many of us can learn from the mutual respect you accord each other.

1 Like

Re: Questions For The Ladies by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
greatgod2012:

My sister... I admire your style O... that's the way I was brought up too but my hubby is like a boxed kind... and that works for me wink...I'm a tall person and kneeling down would have been a work for me if I married your hubby's kind grin

keep up whatever melts his heart.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by EfemenaXY: 12:18am On Nov 25, 2012

1. Yes.

2. By telling me as soon as we're alone. No yelling and definitely no dissing in public (not that he's ever done that to me sha). I guess this is where maturity comes in to play.

I've learnt over the years that my gra-gra doesn't sway him one iota. If I wan rant, he lets me expel it all out to my heart's content. I've got a big, strong but calm, soft spoken man with a steely resolve.

(Sigh) what more can I say? 14 years on, and I just love that man like crazy, more and more with each passing day...(sigh)...

Talk is cheap. Whenever I upset him, my actions more than show my contriction. Texting, cooking his favourite, serious bedmatics, you name it... smiley

1 Like

Re: Questions For The Ladies by speeder(m): 4:05am On Nov 25, 2012
B_ngene: 1 yes i do
2 I will want him to do it lovingly and calmly when am in my best mood wink
And when you're not in ur best mood, what will happen?
Re: Questions For The Ladies by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 25, 2012
Vikin: 1. No! He made me understand that we're equal.

2. We talk to each other, correct our mistakes. Also note, we compromise a lot.
I do believe in equality in the home too but my religion seems to be a stumbling block.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by JallowBah(f): 4:44am On Nov 25, 2012
Depends what you mean with "the leader of the home".
He is my husband, we stand equal on every choice regarding the household. His voice does not speak louder than me.
But, due to his culture, I never correct him or tell him he is wrong in any way in front of his family and friends. In my culture, that is ok, not in his.
So, out in the streets he is the boss, but inside the house, I have the last sayingwink

If I am doing something "wrong"..earlier, he would keep it in and then blow up out of nothing. Lol. And I did the same.
Now we know better, and tell each other in a nice tone that "I don`t like this and this. How can we fix it?"

Works for us.
Re: Questions For The Ladies by mojounited(m): 4:54am On Nov 25, 2012
CrazyMan:
Yes I do
He should tell me politely...I believe that would be the best way to go about it.

@CrazyMan, Topic says "Questions For The Ladies"... I dunno how you fit in here bruv, or are you a she-male? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Questions For The Ladies by greatgod2012(f): 5:13am On Nov 25, 2012
jidegirl12:

My sister... I admire your style O... that's the way I was brought up too but my hubby is like a boxed kind... and that works for me wink...I'm a tall person and kneeling down would have been a work for me if I married your hubby's kind grin

keep up whatever melts his heart.

abi, my sister, thank u, im not also a short person, i know he really loves and care 4 me,hence, my submission to him, hes a wonderful man, even with all my inadequacies,he has never gone to bed wit grudge against me, 8 yrs, and stii counting, so, since hes playing his part well, which is "husbands, love your wife", i also have to play my part well, which is "wives, submit to your husband".........and it has been working 4 us
Re: Questions For The Ladies by greatgod2012(f): 5:19am On Nov 25, 2012
maclatunji:

I am not a big fan of kneeling but the logic of the process is infallible. I think many of us can learn from the mutual respect you accord each other.

thats d way i was trained and since i have discovered that it melts his heart and keep us closer&stronger, i do it genuily and it doesnt take anything away from me.

Humility is a virtue!
Re: Questions For The Ladies by Ak47yang(m): 5:35am On Nov 25, 2012
Busy_body:

I bet ur still single or mayb ur husband is vry uncaring

1 Like

Re: Questions For The Ladies by bongila(f): 7:08am On Nov 25, 2012
1. Yes,I don't have any problem with that.

2. In a calm even tone,kneeling down to apologize works like magic always. Thank God he doesn't scream or wear a long face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The PROUD working woman AND MOTHER!!!!! Tribute To EDO-ITALIANS. AMADIN! / 'it's About Money And Muscles': Men Discuss What It Means To Be A Modern Man / Do Women Change After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.