Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS (6033 Views)

Introducing The New HTC 10: Beautiful Smartphone With World-class Camera / V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / Lg L90 D410 New Os Update Now Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by alienYOUTH(m): 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
I've always thot d symbian OS has bttr multitasking capabilities than Android; I was rly dissapointed when I got my first android device, u can't even run 4 apps simultaneously. It'll be nice if they come up wit somethin worthwhile.
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by Anyi3(m): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
yumsty: hmmmm...lets see if this can dethrone the N900
that phone's too heavy jooor. they better make something slimmer
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by Anyi3(m): 11:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
alienYOUTH: I've always thot d symbian OS has bttr multitasking capabilities than Android; I was rly dissapointed when I got my first android device, u can't even run 4 apps simultaneously. It'll be nice if they come up wit somethin worthwhile.
android uses too much memory and only the high end android phones are worthwhile. the mid-range android phones are wack. but mid-range symbian phones are a blast!!! check out nokia 603. Its perfect and beats every android phone in its price range
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by puskin: 1:32am On Nov 26, 2012
Damojo: Staff not staffs! Gaddamit, OP did u go to school for the blind

1Dray:

And where did u see staffs?

FYI......both words(staff and staffs) are correct and can be used interchangeably.
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by chibyboy(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2012
There next target now will be on Nigerian importers to petronise them
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by yumsty: 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
Anyi.:

that phone's too heavy jooor. they better make something slimmer
i can run 4 OS(2 simultaneosly),play almost all audio/video formats,crack wep/wpa keys(not proud about dat btw).run like 12 apps simultaneously etc..........i can live with d weight bro
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by yumsty: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
texazzpete:

Speak for yourself.
As a phone, it's been hopelessly outclassed. if you want a pocketable linux computer, there are better, more powerful options available.

which one!?pls dont say n9.
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by Anyi3(m): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
yumsty:
i can run 4 OS(2 simultaneosly),play almost all audio/video formats,crack wep/wpa keys(not proud about dat btw).run like 12 apps simultaneously etc..........i can live with d weight bro
Pls explain running 4os. Which other OS can you run on it?
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by yumsty: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2012
Anyi.:

*nemo,android gingerbread,easy debian,meego*+arch linux,ubuntu 12.04,android ics(wip),fedora,and windows 97.these are d ones i know of.it is known to run like 12 os.even jolla's sailfish will run although experience will not b good due to hardware limitations
*I hav used d first four mentioned above.i use easy debian with d stock maemo os through chrooting
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by sylve11: 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
Anyi.:

When i say that phone is a machine . . . . i leave it to programmers to come testify. cool
Re: Ex-Nokia Staff To Release Smartphone With New OS by Anyi3(m): 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
sylve11:

When i say that phone is a machine . . . . i leave it to programmers to come testify. cool
Yeah true I googled the stuff out its quite something. But two things still remain against its favour- 1)Too too heavy 2)Resistive touchscreen. Still a good phone sha!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Glo Our Recharge Cards Are Becoming Unscratchable / Best Power Bank For Phones / Two Flies Captured Having Sex On Phone(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.