Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,066 members, 7,859,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Ronaldo Backing Manchester United To Beat City To Premier League Title - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ronaldo Backing Manchester United To Beat City To Premier League Title (460 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Barcelona Win La Liga Title (fourth League Title In Five Years) / ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Backing Manchester United To Beat City To Premier League Title by slimderek(m): 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
The Real Madrid man feels his former club can pip the champions to this season’s crown and says he thinks the English league is the “most competitive” in the world, ahead of Spain

Getty
Cristiano Ronaldo is backing former side Manchester United to win the Premier League trophy this season after watching rivals Manchester City snatch it from their grasp in dramatic style last season.
Roberto Mancini’s men won the title on the final day with an injury-time winner over QPR but Ronaldo, who spent six years at Old Trafford winning three Premier League titles, does not think the champions will retain their crown.
“It is the most competitive league in the world, in my opinion ahead of Spain. You have a lot of brilliant players and the league is so intense it’s amazing. I watch it in my house every week,” he told the Daily Mail.
“I think United will do it this year and win their trophy back.”
Ronaldo faced City on Wednesday in the Champions League, with the 1-1 draw at the Etihad sealing the Premier League champions’ elimination from the contest.
During his time back in England, the Portuguese captain met up with former manager Sir Alex Ferguson but he insisted a move back to Old Trafford was not discussed.
“We didn’t speak about that [returning to United]. We just spoke about his moment with Manchester United and mine with Real Madrid. We were just happy to see each other,” he added.
“I have enjoyed coming back to Manchester. When we arrived at the airport I was so happy. I had a beautiful story here in Manchester so it was nice to see all the fans and a few Manchester United shirts, too – I am always happy to be here.”
http://www.slipost.com/ronaldo-backing-manchester-united-to-beat-city-to-premier-league-title/

(1) (Reply)

Benitez To Rotate Chelsea Squad / Round Up Of All The Transfer News, Rumours, And Gossip Of Wednesday Papers / Chelsea's Mikel Banned And Fined Over Referee Incident.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.