Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Why The Hating On Gays? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why The Hating On Gays? (3264 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Hating On Somalis? / White People Hating On Serena Williams! / Gays And Lesbians: Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
Most people always claim African culture, tradition and norms give no room for homosexual behaviour, but is that realy the voice of a few disgruntled hardline religious bigots or the real African voice. I speak of ll these cos i'm a gay activist and will continue being one.

1 Like

Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by navygrl: 4:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
Part of it stems from hating what they don't understand others from the imposed religions like Islam and Christianity. Homosexuality has been common world over in man and in beast and has been found in cave paintings, stories and ancient text from around the world including Africa. Most "pure" tribes (those without the judeochristian influence) have and continue to accept the practice including in Africa. Dispute people claiming that the west is causing such acceptance, Asia is the most accepting and according to their tribal laws in some areas there are 5 recognized genders as opposed to the 2 that globally recognized (those regions view homosexual males, homosexual females and bisexuals as separate genders). Side note 1500 species of animals have been observed in the wild with regular homosexual activities and giraffes are considered to be bisexual (males at least) as the norm. Rhinos are widely viewed as pansexual (care not the gender or species)

1 Like

Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
This is so disgusting at the sametime shameful!!!

1 Like

Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: This is so disgusting at the sametime shameful!!!
How do you mean sir?
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by RudySmith(m): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
It is embedded in the Nigerian common man to *hate*, if it is not gays/lesbians, people of different tribes. If it is not people of different religion, it is people of different social status.
The common Nigerian is a HATER!
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:30am On Nov 29, 2012
INNO18: How do you mean sir?

How do i mean? ?? Let me be very clear with you...I dont consider a gay to be mentally complete?? Please go cure yourself!! You are disgracing your folks here!! Stop already because you will never be accepted...better move to san fransisco where you can find your type!

1 Like

Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 4:10am On Nov 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 29, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

How do i mean? ?? Let me be very clear with you...I dont consider a gay to be mentally complete?? Please go cure yourself!! You are disgracing your folks here!! Stop already because you will never be accepted...better move to san fransisco where you can find your type!
Chino, i'm quite alright, mentally, psychologically and gynaecoligically. God created me this way.

1 Like

Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2012
INNO18: Chino, i'm quite alright, mentally, psychologically and gynaecoligically. God created me this way.

I'm not Chino and everybody who know our writing style knows that. See why I said you should check in ? To be honest dude,I don't wanna hurt your feelings. Take my advice as a brother and seek treatment. My last comment!
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Abagworo(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2012
Nigerians generally tolerate lesbians but male gays no. They disgust me.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 29, 2012
Abagworo: Nigerians generally tolerate lesbians but male gays no. They disgust me.
And if i may, what makes the 1st pair different from the 2nd? It's like saying. ' i hate flying, but i love Aeroplanes' what difference does it make?
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by JallowBah(f): 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2012
Abagworo: Nigerians generally tolerate lesbians but male gays no. They disgust me.

Lol. Hypocrite.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by RudySmith(m): 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2012

A clear example of the hypocrisy of the common 9ja man.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by ifyalways(f): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2012
^atleast he made an effort to be honest.

@topic, just be on your lane and I'm indifferent.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2012
grin
ifyalways: ^atleast he made an effort to be honest.

Tnx sis. Glad to hear that. Half bread is better than chin chin. grin

Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by RudySmith(m): 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2012

And his honesty has proven that he has no common sense. I would understand if he hates all homosexuals due 2 his own preferences in life, fair enough, but to hate gays and accept lesbian is wrong on so many levels. it just point out 2 us that he simply hate gays bcuz *he* cannot get anything worthy out of them. What a sad statement.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Abagworo(m): 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2012
RudySmith:

And his honesty has proven that he has no common sense. I would understand if he hates all homosexuals due 2 his own preferences in life, fair enough, but to hate gays and accept lesbian is wrong on so many levels. it just point out 2 us that he simply hate gays bcuz *he* cannot get anything worthy out of them. What a sad statement.

The reason gays are generally non-tolerated is because of the nature of male genitals. The female sex mechanism differs from ours. Will a lady hire two gay males to sleep with her?
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by RudySmith(m): 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2012
^^ I am sorry 2 say that homosexuality has all 2 do with the mind, and nothing else. So if a man is attracted 2 another man, then whatever he does is none of our business, so long as they do it in the confinment of their privacy. A lesbian would also be in the same frame of mind and they should b treated the same way. If it is ok 4 a man 2 f.uck his gf's a.ss then what gay people do should also b tolerated just as much. If it is ok 4 a lady 2 lick another lady's toto 4 pleasure then everything else should b accepted.

The reason why most hate gays/lesbians is bcuz of what the bible say about the practice, and this shows you *one more time* the hypocrisy of Nigerians. They r willing 2 overlook something that the bible is clearly against, 4 their own selfish agenda.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Abagworo(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
RudySmith: ^^ I am sorry 2 say that homosexuality has all 2 do with the mind, and nothing else. So if a man is attracted 2 another man, then whatever he does is none of our business, so long as they do it in the confinment of their privacy. A lesbian would also be in the same frame of mind and they should b treated the same way. If it is ok 4 a man 2 f.uck his gf's a.ss then what gay people do should also b tolerated just as much. If it is ok 4 a lady 2 lick another lady's toto 4 pleasure then everything else should b accepted.

The reason why most hate gays/lesbians is bcuz of what the bible say about the practice, and this shows you *one more time* the hypocrisy of Nigerians. They r willing 2 overlook something that the bible is clearly against, 4 their own selfish agenda.

It has nothing to do with religion. We have traditional religionists among us as well as non-religious people like myself. And again people do not hate male gays but just hate their sexuality. Maybe in future they'll achieve as much freedom as their female counterpart in Nigeria. Lesbianism has been accepted in Nigeria but Gay remains a suicide mission.

Check this likely scenario in a club. Group of guys are sitting and a gay walks up to one of them and makes sexual advances towards him, I swear they'll burst his head .on the other hand If a group of ladies are sitting and a lesbian walks up to one them and makes sexual advances towards her, the likely answer is "I'm not into that" and she walks away quietly.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 30, 2012
Abagworo:

It has nothing to do with religion. We have traditional religionists among us as well as non-religious people like myself. And again people do not hate male gays but just hate their sexuality. Maybe in future they'll achieve as much freedom as their female counterpart in Nigeria. Lesbianism has been accepted in Nigeria but Gay remains a suicide mission.

Check this likely scenario in a club. Group of guys are sitting and a gay walks up to one of them and makes sexual advances towards him, I swear they'll burst his head .on the other hand If a group of ladies are sitting and a lesbian walks up to one them and makes sexual advances towards her, the likely answer is "I'm not into that" and she walks away quietly.
strong point you have there, but we just have to convince Africans, that homesexuality is an act which people are born with(not learnt). I remember asking a friend of mine, about his take on Gays(although i didnt tell him i was one) he told me, he disgusts them and if he ever had one as a friend he'd unfriend him immediately. I told him they(gays) 'claim' to be born natural, he quickly retorted saying, 'are thieves born'? No i replied.'are liers born'? No i again replied. 'then gays cant be born he concluded, the act is learnt'! Typical example of a religious fanatic.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by ifyalways(f): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2012
^ so your real life friends don't know you're gay but yet you come online to disturb us with ya "I'm a proud gay/gay activist" campaign.
Enyi a, dress comot for road first. Abi you dey find free visa ?

1 Like

Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by RudySmith(m): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2012
Abagworo:

It has very much a lot 2 do with religion. u only have 2 look at how so many sheep r blindly going to church/mosque everyday 2 understand that. yes u may b different but how many people like u r in this +150 million country?

As I wrote previously, Nigerians r haters, the same way they would lynch a gay person is the same way Muslims r lynching Christians in the North, Hausas r lynching Yorubas etc, *IT IS IN THEIR NATURE 2 HATE*. The only reason they don't hate lesbians is bcuz they r hypocrites and get turned on by watching lesbians.

As 4 ur scenario, what do you expect? Men r driven by their BS ego that women do not have.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by navygrl: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sadly theologist have stated time and time again that the bible passages against homosexuality actually refers to male prostitution.

I will never understand why people pick and choose what abominations to believe and which to not. If you claim its evil according to the bible as your reasoning then you should agree all those abominations in the bible are evil. It is all or nothing. Not pick and choose
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
RudySmith:

It has very much a lot 2 do with religion. u only have 2 look at how so many sheep r blindly going to church/mosque everyday 2 understand that. yes u may b different but how many people like u r in this +150 million country?

As I wrote previously, Nigerians r haters, the same way they would lynch a gay person is the same way Muslims r lynching Christians in the North, Hausas r lynching Yorubas etc, *IT IS IN THEIR NATURE 2 HATE*. The only reason they don't hate lesbians is bcuz they r hypocrites and get turned on by watching lesbians.

As 4 ur scenario, what do you expect? Men r driven by their BS ego that women do not have.
On point Bro
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 02, 2012
INNO18: strong point you have there, but we just have to convince Africans, that homesexuality is an act which people are born with(not learnt). I remember asking a friend of mine, about his take on Gays(although i didnt tell him i was one) he told me, he disgusts them and if he ever had one as a friend he'd unfriend him immediately. I told him they(gays) 'claim' to be born natural, he quickly retorted saying, 'are thieves born'? No i replied.'are liers born'? No i again replied. 'then gays cant be born he concluded, the act is learnt'! Typical example of a religious fanatic.

If he won't accept you for who you are then why not just drop him?
It may be tough but at the end of the day it's YOUR life.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 02, 2012
*Kails*:

If he won't accept you for who you are then why not just drop him?
It may be tough but at the end of the day it's YOUR life.
If i was to drop friends based on their take on gays, you can be sure i'll loose close to 95% of my friends. Cos most people i've talked to about the topic always give a response of Hate, only few would tell you.' it's that person's life, what do i care'. Honestly i dont see LGBT community having some sort of freedom anytime soon in Nigeria.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by pazienza(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
I have nothing against gays, maybe it has something to do with my not being a member of any organized religion, being a free thinker makes tolerating differences easier,it eliminates the 'herd mentality'.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
pazienza: I have nothing against gays, maybe it has something to do with my not being a member of any organized religion, being a free thinker makes tolerating differences easier,it eliminates the 'herd mentality'.
exactly, people just act and live based on how they are remote controlled by their religious leaders. I'm a Christian,Catholic too, but i strongly believe Religion has nothing against Gays. The same Christians who would be quick to make reference to Sodom and Gommorah, will be the same ones to tell you, that the old testament is an outlawed part of the Scriptures, that they live by the New testament. Can anyone one of those confused hypocrites, finger any verse in the New testament where Jesus, condemned homosexuals But they 'll easily make reference to Sodom. What a dumb theorem to work with.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
INNO18: If i was to drop friends based on their take on gays, you can be sure i'll loose close to 95% of my friends. Cos most people i've talked to about the topic always give a response of Hate, only few would tell you.' it's that person's life, what do i care'. Honestly i dont see LGBT community having some sort of freedom anytime soon in Nigeria.

well i guess you have a point that it is easier said than done.
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2012
I'm indifferent. I have 2 gay friends as a matter of fact. I might not believe in the notion of 'I'm born as a gay' Or any other reasons....but as far as I'm concerned, what people do with their lives is solely their prerogative not mine. Be nice to me ill be nice to you, idgaf about your sexuality
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2012
speedyboi: I'm indifferent. I have 2 gay friends as a matter of fact. I might not believe in the notion of 'I'm born as a gay' Or any other reasons....but as far as I'm concerned, what people do with their lives is solely their prerogative not mine. Be nice to me ill be nice to you, idgaf about your sexuality
speedyboi: I'm indifferent. I have 2 gay friends as a matter of fact. I might not believe in the notion of 'I'm born as a gay' Or any other reasons....but as far as I'm concerned, what people do with their lives is solely their prerogative not mine. Be nice to me ill be nice to you, idgaf about your sexuality
Boy the 'born gay' phrase is not a notion but a FACT! I'm telling you as a living G*Y!
Re: Why The Hating On Gays? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
Boy the 'born gay' phrase is not a notion but a FACT! I'm telling you as a living G*Y!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Umu Obiligbo – KENE CHUKWU / An Encyclopedia Of Language Learning Resources / Culture Series: TIV People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.