Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson (2841 Views)

The LAUTECH Muslim Family Mourn / Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony / Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Kagawa: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2012
Blood is seen on the floor of a mosque as Indian Shiite Muslims flagellate themselves during a holy procession.

Muslims all over the world pay their respects with the flowing of their blood as they mourn the slaying and martyrdom of Imam Hussein, the grandson of Prophet Mohammad.

He was killed by his political rivals along with 72 companions in the seventh century battle of Kerbala where some of the bodies of the dead were then mutilated.

The Muslims were taking part in processions in Mumbai and Chennai. Ashura is celebrated on the tenth day of the Islamic month of Muharram.

The processions also involve walking on burning coals and carrying a 'Tazia' - replica of the coffin of Hussein.

Some participants gather for ceremonial chest beating as a display of their devotion in remembrance of his suffering and to preach that oppression will not last.

In some Shi'a regions of Muslim countries such as Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Lebanon, and Bahrain, the commemoration has become a national holiday.

Most ethnic and religious communities participate even in a predominantly Hindu majority.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238211/Blood-flows-mosque-floor-Indian-Shiite-Muslims-mass-flagellation-procession.html#ixzz2DJfqGOYH

Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Chanchit: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2012
SMp.... Shake my p***k, so blood wei neva do me, na him make I go waste for person wei them kill with 72 ashawo..
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by advocate666: 11:07am On Nov 26, 2012
Where is a US drone when you need one?
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by tbaba1234: 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
The topic should be shia mourn the slaying of the prophet's grandson...
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Zhulfiqar1: 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2012
Kagawa: Blood is seen on the floor of a mosque as Indian Shiite Muslims flagellate themselves during a holy procession.
I doubt that is a mosque.

The majority of the Ayatollahs of Shia Muslims including Ayatollah Ali Khamanei,forbid flaggellating oneself because harming the body is forbidden Islamically.

But these people don't listen because they are lay people.when we feel moved by the narration of Imam Hussein (as), we cry; and when crying isn't enough the lay people do these things which are more of tradition than religion.

At least the Shia Muslims mourn out of love and compassion for Imam Hussein (as).they don't go about bombing the places of worship of others as Sunnis do.

Muslims all over the world pay their respects with the flowing of their blood as they mourn the slaying and martyrdom of Imam Hussein, the grandson of Prophet Mohammad.
This isn't true.the overwhelming majority of Shia Muslims don't do that.misguided Sunnis don't mourn at all.instead,extremist Sunnis go about bombing Ashura gatherings and processions of the Shia as it happens every year on Ashura.

He was killed by his political rivals along with 72 companions in the seventh century battle of Kerbala where some of the bodies of the dead were then mutilated.
He wasn't killed by "political rival".Yazeed was no political rival.Yazeed was a tyrant and an evil unbeliever who denied the prophethood of Muhammad (saw).therefore Yazeed,alongside his immoral acts,was unfit to call himself leader of Muslims.he inherited power from his father,Muawiya.and Imam Hussein (as) refused to acknowledge the rule of evil.so that was what made Yazeed demand the life of Imam Hussein (as) if the latter refuse to pay allegiance.it wasn't simply a political matter.

The Muslims were taking part in processions in Mumbai and Chennai. Ashura is celebrated on the tenth day of the Islamic month of Muharram.

The processions also involve walking on burning coals and carrying a 'Tazia' - replica of the coffin of Hussein.
Tradition;not religion

Some participants gather for ceremonial chest beating as a display of their devotion in remembrance of his suffering and to preach that oppression will not last.
Chest beating is not "ceremonial" but SYMBOLIC.its done lightly without causing hurt as a symbol of mourning known in Islamic tradition.

In some Shi'a regions of Muslim countries such as Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Lebanon, and Bahrain, the commemoration has become a national holiday.

Most ethnic and religious communities participate even in a predominantly Hindu majority.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238211/Blood-flows-mosque-floor-Indian-Shiite-Muslims-mass-flagellation-procession.html#ixzz2DJfqGOYH

This report is just ranting confusion.they should get their facts straight.
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Rafidi: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2012
Please refer to the below for evidence (that self-flagellation is prohibited by Shia Muslim leaders) and also explanation into the practice:

[size=14pt]‘Tatbeer’ (self-flaggellation) is not azadari (Ashura) but wasting it, says Ayatullah Khamenei [/size]

By: Sheikh M Khurasani

‘Tatbeer’ is not azadari (Ashura) but wasting it, says Ayatullah Khamenei
By: Sheikh M Khurasani

TEHRAN, Iran: Supreme leader of Iran Ayatullah Ali Al-Khamenei has said Tatbeer, or Qama-zeni (making a cut on head to gush out blood to signify grief on the martyrdom of Hazret Imam Hosein, peace be on him) is not permissible.

Speaking to a gathering of religious scholars, speakers of Hoseini pulpit and people of the holy city of Qom, the Ayatullah said: “iin mokhalefat ba azadari neest, mokhalefat ba zaya kerdan azadari ast…” [This opposition is not of azadari but of wasting azadari (Hoseini mourning)].

source:

http://www.jafariyanews.com/2k8_news/jan/14tatbeer_khamenei.htm

LagosShia: Sister "uplawal",

you asked yesterday a question about commemorating the event of Karbala on the 10th of the holy month of Muharram also known as the day of ashura and its rituals (beating oneself,crying and cutting oneself).

first you need to know that crying should be a natural reaction to something sad you sense.i personally on several occassions have being moved to tears.it doesnt necessarily have to be on ashura.sometimes when a reciter of the Holy Quran has a nice voice and you ponder upon the meanings,you are moved to tears.also when commemorating the matrydom of Imam Hussain on ashura if the reciter has a good voice and uses good expressions to convey the suffereings and pain of Imam Hussain and the Ahlul-Bayt in Karbala,you as a person with humane feelings will be moved to tears.even if it were not Imam Hussain,if anyone human undergo what the Imam suffered you will feel great sorrow.how much more when the person that went that suffering and sacrifice was your Imam and the Imam of humanity and the grandson of the greatest of mankind,the Prophet Muhammad ?

as for hitting the chest,that is a symbolic act that has a meaning relevant to what happened at Karbala.its has to do more with a symbolic kind of rememberance like the way some people do a "V-sign" on some occassions.

cutting oneself is a philosophical issue.even among the shia,not everyone cuts himself and cause blood to flow.those who do it say that no matter how much one tries to feel sorry for Imam Hussain,nothing is too much.therefore the cutting of oneself is meant to symbolize a willing soul ready to sacrifice and die for the Imam in loyalty and love to him and the Prophet Muhammad and the Ahlul-Bayt.they say that because of those who betrayed Imam Hussain and the Imam was killed in an abandoned and very sorrowful way along with his family members and even his 6 months old baby,they want to shed blood for the Imam and die at his service to please Allah.if the Imam was willing not to compromise for the sake of Islam and was so loyal to Allah,we also should emulate that spirit.

some of our scholars do support this view.others do not.those who do not support this view hold that it is haram to inflict oneself or harm oneself.they say that Imam Hussain was beheaded and his blood was shed by the ungodly,so why should we do to ourselves what the evil people did to our Imam?if we want to show love to our Imam,we can do that by remembering him and attending lectures on the commemoration of the day and carrying out symbolic acts like beating our chests (lightly) to bring back the memory of Karbala.we can remember the Imams symbolically and spiritually and islamically without hurting ourselves.an alternative like the saudi shias in the eastern parts of saudi arabia do,they donate their blood (for transfusion) to hospitals.those healthy individuals can donate their blood to help people survive and keep them alive like the way the Imam sacrificed his blood so that Islam will remain alive and healthy just the way it was revealed to his grandfather the Prophet Muhammad (sa).those against blood-letting also think the image of shias cutting themselves gives a bad impression in the minds of non-believers.those who cut themselves think they are not indebted to anyone to prove their enlightenment or sense of civilization when their acts is purely an act of devotion and sacrifice.

As you can see,this act is solely a matter of intentions.therefore a shia is free to show his love the way he feels best in accordance with the fatwas of his Marji (scholar of highest authority in shia islam that issue fatwas,the likes of ayatollah Khomeini and ayatollah Sistani).

Based on intention,no one would dictate to you how to express your intentions or not to.on this note,the issue does not act a divisive issue because we all think that everyone mourning for Imam Hussain is doing his best to remember the Imam and bring back the lessons of Karbala to life in our modern times.

Personally I have never inflicted wounds upon myself.i do beat my chest and I cry to an unimaginable extent when the Sheikh or Sayyid narrates Imam Hussain’s sufferings in Karbala and that of his family members and loyal friends including his six months old baby.as I am typing this,I am only managing to control myself from shedding tears.there is a saying that “Karbala is a wound that never heals in the heart of the believer”.i really feel sad and spiritually overcome when I hear anything about Imam Hussain.if you truly attend the commemoration on the 10th of Muharram which is just a few weeks away,you will understand what I am saying.you should first try and study the event itself and the sacrifice each member that was matyred in Karbala did and refrained from doing for the sake of Islam and the Imam.the event is the epitome of islamic sacrifice and the love for Allah.

As I was saying,I believe in sincerity.i believe if I can be moved to shed tears,I should also be moved to an unconscious state where I can cut myself.but consciously I don’t think it is reasonable for me to inflict wounds on my body.ofcourse I have to mourn Imam Hussain,that is a sunnah of the Prophet.but I can do that in more than one way to express my grief,sadness and love for the Imam.i don’t think it should be done cold-bloodedly.i am not saying those who cut themselves are acting or are being hypocritical.may Allah reward them for their good intentions and Allah will surely reward me for mine too.all of us have the same goal but using different methods.at the end we are all one and we do love Imam Hussain above ourselves.may my soul and the souls of my parents be sacrificed for the sake of Imam Hussain.

https://www.nairaland.com/554337/imam-ali-own-words/1#7215539

Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by deols(f): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
Those pictures are disgusting.

Smh @ how sunnis must be mentioned for shias to defend themselves

Funny enough op may never learn that the Muslims of NL are against the practice above. He wld probably use it against Muslims d nxt time he converses wv one.
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by ShiaLagos: 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by advocate666: 12:33am On Nov 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by BetaThings: 5:06am On Nov 30, 2012
Zhul-fiqar:

The majority of the Ayatollahs of Shia Muslims including Ayatollah Ali Khamanei,forbid flaggellating oneself because harming the body is forbidden Islamically.

Reason some people believe that the Shias are gravitating towards the exit

Zhul-fiqar:

But these people don't listen because they are lay people.when we feel moved by the narration of Imam Hussein (as), we cry; and when crying isn't enough the lay people do these things which are more of tradition than religion.
At least the Shia Muslims mourn out of love and compassion for Imam Hussein (as).they don't go about bombing the places of worship of others as Sunnis do.

Just like you justify the anti-Islamic practices of your own lay Shia, can you not find some largeness in your heart to believe that it is lay muslims that carry out this outrage
Lagos Shia have told Uplawal that there is difference of opinion among Shia scholars on cutting of the body. Some Shia Authorities Allow it
There is no difference of opinion amongst Muslim Scholars that one should not bomb places of worship

Zhul-fiqar:

This isn't true.the overwhelming majority of Shia Muslims don't do that.misguided Sunnis don't mourn at all.instead,extremist Sunnis go about bombing Ashura gatherings and processions of the Shia as it happens every year on Ashura.

Shias are the misguided lot. They borrow from Christians. As Christians single out Jesus (PBUH) amongst the prophets to ascribe divinity to him, Shias single Ali amongst the Caliphs to ascribe divine attributes to him
They hurt themselves like we can see here like the Christians do at Easter
A lot of muslims have been martyred but Shias in their determination for Schism only recognise the martyrdom of Hussain
What about Hussain's father who was also murdered; Summaya?
Shias claim the Prophet (PBUH) was poisoned, do they drink poison to commemorate this
Shia Imams are supposed to be infallible, able to know ahead what would happen. But they were mostly poisoned. So why did they knowingly drink poison and commit suicide
Sunnis don't discriminate. We feel bad for all martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the purpose of Islam. We don't divide the religion into classes of people whose sacrifice don't matter and those whose do

Zhul-fiqar:

Chest beating is not "ceremonial" but SYMBOLIC.its done lightly without causing hurt as a symbol of mourning known in Islamic tradition.
Semantics to gloss over bidah (baseless innovation)
The Shia calendar is a comprehensive series of events that can only fuel hatred and division

1 Like

Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Zhulfiqar1: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2012
^
Sorry,but I don't indulge in replying stupids.wait for LagosShia to be back, he may show you some favor to dive into your load of ignorance and loose your bondage.Sunnis lie and believe their lies.I will only reply your post on one condition based on honesty:count your lies in your post and then tell them to us.thereafter I will help you on the ignorance issues you brought up.if not,keep your arguments founded on frustration.
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by aia99: 12:42am On Dec 01, 2012
Zhul-fiqar:
^
Sorry,but I don't indulge in replying stupids.wait for LagosShia to be back, he may show you some favor to dive into your load of ignorance and loose your bondage.Sunnis lie and believe their lies.I will only reply your post on one condition based on honesty:count your lies in your post and then tell them to us.thereafter I will help you on the ignorance issues you brought up.if not,keep your arguments founded on frustration.
pls what do u mean by shia muslim and sunni muslim because all i know is dat u follow d quran & d hadith (i.e u uphold d sunnah)
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by aia99: 12:43am On Dec 01, 2012
[quote author=Zhul-fiqar]^
Sorry,but I don't indulge in replying stupids.wait for LagosShia to be back, he may show you some favor to dive into your load of ignorance and loose your bondage.Sunnis lie and believe their lies.I will only reply your post on one condition based on honesty:count your lies in your post and then tell them to us.thereafter I will help you on the ignorance issues you brought up.if not,keep your arguments founded on frustration.pls what do u mean by shia muslim and sunni muslim because all i know is dat u follow d quran & d hadith (i.e u uphold d sunnah)
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by BetaThings: 6:00am On Dec 01, 2012
Zhul-fiqar:
^
Alhamduli Llah. I can see you are in good health, being abusive as usual.
lies? That is a territory Shias guard jealously with the tenacity of veteran monopolist.
Look, Shia sect is based on hate! You are never happy that people you don't like might go into jannah
Shias rejoice when you believe people will go into hellfire! No sense of forgiveness

Even OP (a non-muslim ManU midfielder) knows that Shias' bloodletting is strange, being a product of peculiar thinking and misguided doctrine
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Zhulfiqar1: 9:03am On Dec 01, 2012
^
You talk too much nonsense.its like you don't think.being a Sunni with Wahhabi/salafist thinking have rendered your thinking process very slow.you cannot expect us to forgive on evil actions that were not done to us on a personal level.if you offend a Shia on a personal level you have every right to expect or demand for forgiveness.but when you hurt,harmed and killed the flesh and blood of the Prophet (s),don't ask us to forgive those criminals.the Quran demands we love the Prophet's (s) kin.too bad you don't know what you're talking about because Sunnism is a creed that honors criminals who butchered its Prophet's family members.the Prophet (s) have stated that anyone who harms his Ahlul-Bayt (a) his abode is hell.besides,whether hell or not do you expect us to show love and mercy to criminals who harmed the Prophet's (s) Ahlul-Bayt (a) just because Sunnis are programmed to honor those criminals under the fake impression they were "sahaba"? No matter where bin laden will end up,don't expect an american to pray for him or ask God to be "pleased" with bin laden.even if the person doesn't express any wish,just don't expect a normal person to pray for a criminal.

I want to ask you a question.someone who dies a muslim but used to drink and womanize and doesn't use to pray,do Sunnis pray Janaza prayer on that person? Yes or no? Why? If not,where is your "forgiveness"?

You talk about hate while you keep forgetting that every week Shia Muslims are being killed by the very people you share beliefs with and sometimes defend.in Pakistan there's Shia genocide going on.

You talk much nonsense and you're hateful and spiteful.but most of all,you're a very mighty liar.your confidence in being dumb led me to waste my time to refute your useless post.and don't expect further dumbness,accusations and lies would be worth my time in reply.

BetaThings:
Reason some people believe that the Shias are gravitating towards the exit

Check this out:

https://www.nairaland.com/827432/main-sunni-sheikhs-scream-testify

Just like you justify the anti-Islamic practices of your own lay Shia, can you not find some largeness in your heart to believe that it is lay muslims that carry out this outrage
There is nothing "anti-islamic" in what these lay people do.it may be "un-islamic" or forbidden even by most of our Shia scholars,but its not "anti-islamic".

Use the right words.

Lagos Shia have told Uplawal that there is difference of opinion among Shia scholars on cutting of the body. Some Shia Authorities Allow it
There is no difference of opinion amongst Muslim Scholars that one should not bomb places of worship

Have you seen this before:

"A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims"
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia

Have you heard of the Shia genocide in Pakistan?

Do you condemn those attacks?

Do you know that Wahhabi/Salafist scholars with their un-islamic fatwas fueling sectarian hatred incite these killings?

Your choice of words in describing our scholars as "Shia scholars" and describing your Sunni scholars as "Muslim scholars",sending the idea the Shia are not Muslims,is not only sick and disgusting but criminal.it is such un-islamic categorization of other Muslims who differ with you that fuel hatred and division,which leads to the criminal elements among Sunni extremists to carry out deadly attacks.and its not like these attacks will stop the Shia from being Shia or from Sunnis embracing the path of the Ahlul-Bayt (a).

Shias are the misguided lot. They borrow from Christians. As Christians single out Jesus (PBUH) amongst the prophets to ascribe divinity to him, Shias single Ali amongst the Caliphs to ascribe divine attributes to him
Do not lie.

You can even feel the guilt in the way you stated your point.you clearly do not believe in the comparison you struck in likening Shia Muslims to Christians.

You said Christians ascribe divinity to Jesus (a).that is true and Christians admit Jesus (a) is their "god".then you said Shia ascribe "divine attributes" to Imam Ali (a)-not "divinity".very amusing way of playing with words.

What divine attributes are you talking about? We do not believe Imam Ali (a) is a "god" of any sort,no matter how blessed we believe he was and how many supernatural acts he displayed by Allah's permission.the same goes about Prophet Muhammed (saw) and Jesus (a),who is reported in the Quran as a giver of life by Allah's permission.

Don't let hatred lead you to sin by choosing to lie.stop it.

They hurt themselves like we can see here like the Christians do at Easter
Is that practice done in the easter pictures part of Christian doctrine?

A lot of muslims have been martyred but Shias in their determination for Schism only recognise the martyrdom of Hussain
Please can you explain to us how on earth is "recognizing" the martyrdom of Imam Hussein (a) "determination for schism".seriously I really cannot imagine how that works.help us out!

What about Hussain's father who was also murdered; Summaya?
Shias claim the Prophet (PBUH) was poisoned, do they drink poison to commemorate this
We mark the death and birth of all righteous personalities that we can derive from islamic lessons and examples from their lofty personalities.we commemorate Imam Ali's (a) martyrdom in the holy month of Ramadhan and others as well.if we don't remember these people and what happened,our Islamic heritage would be lost.Imam Ali (a) was attacked individually as anyone is likely to be assasinated.what makes Imam Hussein's (a) martyrdom different is the suffering,pain and magnitude of what happened.it was a massacre where about 80 people where killed,after being besieged for days,deprived of water and then killed in the most brutal way by beheading and mutilating their corpses.even Imam Hussein's (a) baby was not spared.then his women,the women of Prophet Muhammed's (saw) household were taken as prisoners from Karbala to Yazeed's governor in Kufa,and then to Yazeed himself in Damascus,along with the severed heads!!!

Moreover,if we are to examine other martyrs of Islam,we see they died in the cause of defending Islam.Hamza (ra) for instance was martyred when fighting with the Muslim army for Islam.he went for battle.now how does a six month old baby of Imam Hussein (a) got to do with battle?

You feel bad about us commemorating Imam Hussein's (a) martyrdom because you feel guilty.you celebrate on Ashura while the Shia feel sad and mourn.the Tragedy of Karbala made the Prophet (saw) weep profusely on several occasions.so now who is on the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw),those (Shia) who take Ashura for a sad day or those (Sunnis) who celebrate it because according to them Noah's ark landed safely after the flood? grin

You also feel bad about us commemorating Ashura because we mark the culmination of the oppression and tyranny the Ahlul-Bayt (a) suffered in the hands of the Sunni caliphate,while the Quran commands we must love the Prophet's (s) kin!

You feel bad about it because such tragedy was not sudden.it was the practice of oppression against the Ahlul-Bayt (a) starting with Fadak,Saqifa Banu Saeda and the incident of the door against the house of Lady Fatima (a),the Prophet's (saw) daughter that led to Karbala.when the Shia commemorate Ashura it questions the legitimacy of Yazid,which goes back to those who preceded him and Sunnis hold in high esteem like abu bakr and umar.when we mourn on Ashura,we shake the very foundation of the Sunni caliphate built on usurpation that led to the oppression of the house of Imam Ali (a).it clearly shows the Sunni caliphate wasn't built on an Islamic principle of sharing/transferring power but power tussle.that is how someone anti-islamic,un-islamic,sinful,immoral and bloodthirsty like Yazid ended up grabbing the caliphate.

You want to conceal the past.but we want people to examine and know about the past because truth is on our side.whether you cut yourself or not,is irrelevant both to commemorating the martyrdom of Imam Hussein (a) and being a Shia Muslim in entirety!

Shia Imams are supposed to be infallible, able to know ahead what would happen. But they were mostly poisoned. So why did they knowingly drink poison and commit suicide
Sunnis don't discriminate. We feel bad for all martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the purpose of Islam. We don't divide the religion into classes of people whose sacrifice don't matter and those whose do
That is an old fashion question.if you are giving a company car to use for company work,and you refrain from using it for your own purpose,is that harming yourself?

The knowledge of the unseen given to prophets or imams,is not meant to change the decree of Allah or for them to become "super men" who don't die.in fact when poison is administered to the holy Imams of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) by their enemies,at the particular moment,by God's grace they are made to forget.the Imams are granted with the station of martyrdom and their enemies apportion themselves the wrath of Allah and His punishment.according to the Quran,prophets had been killed.what do you say about that?

Your ignorance makes it look to you that we are "dividing the religion" by commemorating the Tragedy of Karbala.when we commemorate Imam Hussein's (a) martyrdom,we are not marking an incident like those of other martyrs of Islam,we honor too.we are marking a tragic event with its lessons and details,its place and time.

Semantics to gloss over bidah (baseless innovation)
The Shia calendar is a comprehensive series of events that can only fuel hatred and division

Beating one's chest is not bid'ah.you don't know many things as a Sunni because they are deliberately hidden from you.they don't want you to know the past and therefore question your present.you can check your books,hitting oneself is clearly a symbol of mourning in Islamic tradition.you can find instances of beating oneself in times of mourning or sadness.its done lightly and no harm is afflicted.

For an action in Islam to be classified as "bid'ah" you must be ready to prove to us that it is first and foremost haram or a prohibited act.not anything new is bid'ah.

For example,you pray taraweeh,which we Shia consider as bid'ah because the Prophet (saw) explicitly prohibited it.you fold your arms during prayer on the basis that it is a "sunnah" of the Prophet (saw),while the Prophet (saw) never did that.records show that Umar copied that from the Persian Zoroastrians.you wash your feet during wudu (ablution) while the Quran says "wipe your feet".you're changing the command of Allah! You celebrate the 1st of Muharram as the "Islamic new year",while the Prophet (saw) arrived Medina after the hijrah in Rabiul Awwal.you're both following a false date and also commemorating a day the Prophet (saw) never observed or attribute any significance to.the hijrah calendar was made by historians.you fast on Ashura (10th of Muharram) while the Prophet (saw) never did.worse you admit you're following a jewish tradition you claim our Prophet (saw) copied from the jews! grin

If we start counting the bid'ah Sunnis generally practice,you really won't feel happy about it.but we Shia have no bid'ah because there is nothing haram in all we do and also we do not change the established laws and practices of Islam by God and His Prophet (saw).Ashura has its basis in Islam.the Prophet (saw) cried and felt sad about this day several times.therefore feeling sad on Ashura because of Imam Hussein's (a) tragedy is Sunnah.honoring the martyrs of Islam,among whom is Imam Hussein (a) is also Sunnah,as the Prophet (saw) is recorded to do annually by visiting the graveyard.

Please stop the hatred.the lies are just annoying.and don't waste others' time.its not fair.
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Zhulfiqar1: 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Jeremiah 41:5
" That there came certain from Shechem, from Shiloh, and from Samaria, even fourscore men, having their beards shaven, and their clothes rent, and having cut themselves, with offerings and incense in their hand, to bring them to the house of the Lord".

Ezekiel 21:12
"Cry and howl, son of man: for it shall be upon my people, it shall be upon all the princes of Israel: terrors by reason of the sword shall be upon my people: smite therefore upon thy thigh".

Jeremiah 31:19
"Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth".
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by BetaThings: 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
^^^^
Now we ignore Khamenei and now insist that it is sanctioned in the Bible
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Zhul-fiqar:
Jeremiah 41:5
" That there came certain from Shechem, from Shiloh, and from Samaria, even fourscore men, having their beards shaven, and their clothes rent, and having cut themselves, with offerings and incense in their hand, to bring them to the house of the Lord".

Ezekiel 21:12
"Cry and howl, son of man: for it shall be upon my people, it shall be upon all the princes of Israel: terrors by reason of the sword shall be upon my people: smite therefore upon thy thigh".

Jeremiah 31:19
"Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth".

LWKMD. Zhul fiqar are you serious? Are you seriously using the Bible to justify Shia beliefs? grin
Which religion are you following again, Christianity or Islam?
My goodness. I laughed so hard at your post my chest is hurting grin grin grin
Anyway say hello to your brother LagosShia for me. I heard that both of you are using the same computer.

1 Like

Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Zhulfiqar1: 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
fellis:

LWKMD. Zhul fiqar are you serious? Are you seriously using the Bible to justify Shia beliefs? grin
Which religion are you following again, Christianity or Islam?
My goodness. I laughed so hard at your post my chest is hurting grin grin grin
Anyway say hello to your brother LagosShia for me. I heard that both of you are using the same computer.

are you serious or just an hypocrite?

how many times do we quote the bible on the most fundamental beliefs in Islam when talking to christians? i assume the OP is a christian,and therefore what he is criticizing is also found/promoted in his bible-regardless of the fact that as already explained the majority of Shia do not carry out the symbolic practices of mourning under discussion.

LagosShia is fine and more relaxed away from nairaland,and he said i should send his regards to you.
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Zhulfiqar1: 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
BetaThings: ^^^^
Now we ignore Khamenei and now insist that it is sanctioned in the Bible

silly!
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Zhul-fiqar:

are you serious or just an hypocrite?

how many times do we quote the bible on the most fundamental beliefs in Islam when talking to christians? i assume the OP is a christian,and therefore what he is criticizing is also found/promoted in his bible-regardless of the fact that as already explained the majority of Shia do not carry out the symbolic practices of mourning under discussion.

You should have simply told him you Shia guyz do not do the self flagellation thing instead of quoting the Bible to try to justify it. Besides you quoted the old testament of the Bible for him.
That is no good.
Christians always claim that they do not follow the Old testament (even though they still pay tithes and condemn homosexuality; and these things are in the old testament.)

LagosShia is fine and more relaxed away from nairaland,and he said i should send his regards to you.
Ok, thanks.
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by BetaThings: 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
Zhul-fiqar:

silly!
Sorry! Next time I want an insight into shiism, I would pick up the Bible

Going into excess as your brothers try to do often lead to unintended consequences. Come back to the middle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakgHvUTABw

1 Like

Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 06, 2013
BetaThings:
Sorry! Next time I want an insight into shiism, I would pick up the Bible

You sound like Abuzola sometimes. Are you Abuzola?
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by BetaThings: 4:47am On Jan 06, 2013
fellis:

You sound like Abuzola sometimes. Are you Abuzola?
I don't even know who Abuzola is.
I have gone to check some of his posts - he used some strong words I am not likely to adopt
And you are not likely to find me going to the main religious section to post unless a topic from there appears on the FP
If you analyse carefully the way we post, you are likely to see the difference
Re: Bloody Ceremony: Muslims All Over The World Mourn The Slayin Of Mohammds Granson by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2013
^Alright.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can Couple Stand On Solat When The Praying(nawafil) At Home / Happy Moulud Nabbiyi To All Muslim Ummah. / Prophet Muhammad's (saw) Letter To Heraclius (emperor Of Byzantium)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.