Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (877298 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dagr8 I see you grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
yetseyi: Dagr8 I see you grin
grin....How far,are you done? Still waiting for you o
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: Yep
That means a feminist is walking under that curse? right?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
ATMC: That means a feminist is walking under that curse? right?
Glorifying the curse, a curse is something not to boast about but feminists are doing it the other way
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger: Hello all!
Hi
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
@HBG and @ATMC, why do you people think "your desire shall be to thy husband (and he shall rule over thee)" mean that a woman would desire to rule over her husband? Also, why do you assume that that was a curse?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
ihedinobi2: @HBG and @ATMC, why do you people think "your desire shall be to thy husband (and he shall rule over thee)" mean that a woman would desire to rule over her husband? Also, why do you assume that that was a curse?
Yhu have something to say, do so...Ah no geh answers to dem kweshions abovewink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: Glorifying the curse, a curse is something not to boast about but feminists are doing it the other way
mmmhhh Amazin...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: #ofthesweetestcrew

Good morning

@Uj
@Dagr8
@An0nimus
@Adathefirstborn
@Tony
@Mintayo
@ all oldies and newbies in the house
cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
ATMC: Yhu have something to say, do so...Ah no geh answers to dem kweshions abovewink
I just wondered. The conclusion you two are drawing was a little bit far-fetched, so I wanted to know if I was missing something.

Anyway, about the second question, I'd never really been sure it was a curse but I checked several versions of the Bible for that verse and compared marriage relationship after the Fall to marriage relationship before the Fall and between the Christ and His Church and I think that it might be.

About the first, what the curse said is that the woman will sort of pine for her husband and her husband will lord it over her, that is, dominate her. In other words, the marriage relationship was going to turn into a relationship of odds. The woman would be disadvantaged.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 18, 2014
Yo, anyone interested in a study on the book of Ecclesiastes? I say this with the purest of intentions. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 6:20am On Sep 18, 2014
musKeeto: Yo, anyone interested in a study on the book of Ecclesiastes? I say this with the purest of intentions. grin
Yes. I answer with the most dubious of intentions grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2014
ihedinobi2:
I just wondered.

Anyway, about the second question, I'd never really been sure it was a curse but

About the first, what the curse said is that the woman will sort of pine for her husband and her husband will lord it over her, that is, dominate her. In other words, the marriage relationship was going to turn into a relationship of odds. The woman would be disadvantaged.
... NLT:Then he said to the woman, “I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.” That is the point. The desire to control a man is innate but no matter how a woman tries to control her man, it won't work. Now, I asked if that is akin to feminism and it seemed so. If then it is so, one can conclude that feminism is a walk under that curse and so to crave equality with a man who is to rule over you is to identify with the curse.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:23am On Sep 18, 2014
ATMC: ... NLT:Then he said to the woman, “I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.” That is the point. The desire to control a man is innate but no matter how a woman tries to control her man, it won't work. Now, I asked if that is akin to feminism and it seemed so. If then it is so, one can conclude that feminism is a walk under that curse and so to crave equality with a man who is to rule over you is to identify with the curse.
That makes a lot of sense to me. But I checked five translations and none of them said anything like the above. And I deliberately avoid NLT but it may be right for all I know.

Two out of the five translations I used were The Jewish Orthodox Bible and Young's Literal Translation. I would have expected them to render that translation more faithfully than any other.

However, it is clear from Christ's relationship with the Church that the woman's place in the marital relationship is like that of your body. Without a body to carry out a head's desires and wishes, a head lives in frustration. The head is the source, the body is the agency for expression. So, it is not a question of which is inferior to which or which controls which but which provides the drive and which uses the drive. One unit. Not two. That is what sin disrupted. It made one thing two. And when they have been split, then they can battle each other for supremacy.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2014
U 're making a different point...My point is about feminism.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2014
ATMC: U 're making a different point...My point is about feminism.
I was of the understanding that you were asking if that verse points to feminism. If that is correct, my answer is that the translation you are judging by does point to it and is quite right in that regard.

However, we can tell what was really said by judging the pre-Fall relationship and the Christ-Church relationship against the post-Fall relationship. That is what I was saying essentially. I don't think it's a different point at all.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
I don't understand you sah...@ Ihe
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
ihedinobi2:
I was of the understanding that you were asking if that verse points to feminism. If that is correct, my answer is that the translation you are judging by does point to it and is quite right in that regard.

However, we can tell what was really said by judging the pre-Fall relationship and the Christ-Church relationship against the post-Fall relationship. That is what I was saying essentially. I don't think it's a different point at all.
obidike, before the fall, Eve was a helper and Adam was in charge in other words they were cast into different roles...
After the fall, Eve sought to be in charge which(...ur desire will be to ur husby) implied feminism(my point exactly).

Bring Church into the picture...The church is a bride not in the manner of Eve (cos Eve is to help hers with the work whereas the church is to prolong the days of hers)...with Eve, there was work to be done but with the church, the work was finished and we are talking of greater works which entails prolonging his days. Now, the church comprises male and female. So collextively, we are wife but individually the case is as before the fall, when male and female were cast into differing roles. Anybody that says otherwise has the curse before her/him.

You can add...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by logicboy01: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
I always knew the nasty princess was ignorant.

Ihedinobi and feminism? Lmao
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by logicboy01: 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Always sad to see women misunderstand feminism cry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
HumbledByGrace, hi smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
angry
logicboy01: Always sad to see women misunderstand feminism cry
was expecting this, Feminists are atheists angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
UjSizzle: HumbledByGrace, hi smiley

Hello Uj_Sizzle smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: angrywas expecting this, Feminists are atheists angry
grin
I don't see the relationship between that verse and feminism babe.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by logicboy01: 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: angrywas expecting this, Feminists are atheists angry

A sizzler would disagree with you.

Your fellow christian sister disagrees with you on her blog grin grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: I don't understand you sah...@ Ihe
Hey HBG. Been a while. How are you?

I'm saying that apart from the NLT's rendering of that verse there is no reason to say that the curse is that the woman will start seeking to dominate the man.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
ATMC: obidike, before the fall, Eve was a helper and Adam was in charge in other words they were cast into different roles...
After the fall, Eve sought to be in charge which(...ur desire will be to ur husby) implied feminism(my point exactly).

Bring Church into the picture...The church is a bride not in the manner of Eve (cos Eve is to help hers with the work whereas the church is to prolong the days of hers)...with Eve, there was work to be done but with the church, the work was finished and we are talking of greater works which entails prolonging his days. Now, the church comprises male and female. So collextively, we are wife but individually the case is as before the fall, when male and female were cast into differing roles. Anybody that says otherwise has the curse before her/him.

You can add...
Let's take it easy, ehn, Ada oma.

Now, do you know anywhere in the Bible where Eve tried to dominate Adam?

We will discuss the Church later. Let's take it slow so that we don't complicate everything.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
logicboy01: I always knew the nasty princess was ignorant.

angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by logicboy01: 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
In other news, FrancisTony is no more a christian. A deist.

^^^^
Judging from his comments.

I'm so proud of my houseboy cry

Tears of joy

==========================

I hope you dont go the way of Uyi Iredia and Bolaino;

Christian to deist to atheist to christian to pagan to christian to confused spiritualist.

grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
logicboy01: In other news, FrancisTony is no more a christian. A deist.

^^^^
Judging from his comments.

Emboldened, where did you see my comment that made me deist? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by logicboy01: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

Emboldened, where did you see my comment that made me deist? undecided

You implied that the bible is contradictory and you are confused about religion but still believe in God. Deist label is apt.

Feel free to deny and yammer nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — A Child With A Difference / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.