Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:58 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (877901 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Donmicky97(m): 9:49pm On May 18, 2017
Hello,
Good day, it a pleasure to meet with Christian friends, i would like to introduce to use a blog where we can read daily undiluted messages, rapture rrady message, message about the coming of christ, yhis messages are not prosperity based or worldy based messages but messages that will prepare the bride of christ.. Read daily and be blessed..
[url]https://phdministriesnigeria..com.ng
[/url]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by sayovart(m): 1:31pm On May 19, 2017
Hello Christ-Like People

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 12:12am On May 20, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

SATURDAY 20TH MAY, 2017

HOW OFTEN DO YOU FAST?

MEMORISE:
In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness. 2 Corinthians 11:27

READ:
Matthew 6:16-18
16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Deuteronomy 33-34 & Jeremiah 32:36-44

One of my sons was travelling with me for the very first time sometime ago, and after we had been together for two days he asked me, “Daddy, why do you pray so much?” he said he observed that before we left the room, we prayed; when we got into the car, we prayed; on arrival at our destination, we prayed; when we entered the venue of the programme, we prayed; on arrival at the lodging place, we prayed; also when he peeped to check on me, he still saw me on my knees. Well, I pray a lot because prayer is an activity we are commanded to always engage in (1 Thessalonians 5:17). How often do you pray? Do you use every available opportunity to pray?
Apart from prayer, another spiritual activity you should regularly engage in to keep you spiritually fit and growing is fasting. Some people believe that doing a long fast for 30days or 100days is sufficient for a year. While this is a good spiritual exercise, there is still the need to continue fasting in the course of the year. When the Lord addressed the question of why His disciples were not fasting often like those of John the Baptist, here is what He said in Luke 5:34:
“And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bride chamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them?”
Since the Master has been received into glory, it is clear from His words that we now are expected to fast often. Some people fast for a short period at a stretch and thereafter they want to feast for the rest of the year. This is not good enough. A better practice is to find or create some time monthly or better still weekly to engage in fasting. Fasting was not strange to the patriarchs of old. Fasting does you so much good spiritually, so it should be a part of your lifestyle. You can live a fasted life. While detailing his experience in life, Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 11:27 said that fasting was a reoccurring activity in his Christian life:
“In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness.”
Most people who find it difficult to fast simply have a problem with discipline. They are so used to eating that they cannot sacrifice a few meals to seek God’s face. Anyone who cannot control his or her appetite may remain enslaved to the body. Fasting helps to subdue or break the controlling power that the weaknesses and desires of your body have over you.

ACTION POINT:
Stop talking about your plan to fast, just go ahead and fast. You can start with one day per week.

HYMN 6:
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:08pm On May 20, 2017

SUNDAY 21ST MAY, 2017

SAUL BROKE THE PRIDE BARRIER

MEMORISE:
The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. Psalm10:4

READ:
Acts 9:1-11

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 1-2 & Jeremiah 33:1-11

Yesterday, we considered the need to fast often in order to maintain the Spirit’s control over the desires of the body. Today, let’s consider another reason why we need to fast often, which is, to submit ourselves to God in humility (James 4:6-7). David had this understanding and that was why in Psalm 35:13 he said,
“But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.”
Whenever you find yourself becoming haughty, too full of yourself or looking down on others, you need to declare a fast so as to subdue the rise of pride in your life. Those who live in pride are distant from God. Even when He makes attempt to reach such people, it will be very difficult because they have built a fence of pride round themselves. One major reason why some people don’t accept the gospel of Jesus Christ, even after witnessing His power and miracles, is pride. This is why you need to pray against the spirit of pride hindering the salvation of your loved ones.
Let us take a look at the life of Saul of Tarsus and learn some lessons from him. He was a very zealous and intelligent young man who wanted to please God, but he was proud. Meanwhile, God had been trying to reach out to him, but the fence of pride he had around him kept God out. Do you know that pride directs? If you are proud, it will direct you in the way you go about things, in what you do and what you don’t do. Whenever faith is combined with pride, at best you will get religion. As Saul tried to serve and please God in the atmosphere of pride, he drifted further away from the One he thought he was pleasing, to the point where he began to fight the One he was supposed to satisfy. Pride blindfolds its victims. It makes a person work against what he or she is originally set out to do or stand up for. It wasn’t until Jesus manifested Himself to Saul that he realized he had been working against the God he thought he was serving. Nevertheless, after he humbled himself with fasting and prayer for three days, he received salvation, healing of his blind eyes, baptism of the Holy Spirit, and a divine call of God to minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the gentiles. If only you can submit yourself to God in humility through prayer and fasting, you can connect with God’s purpose for your life.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, let all my loved ones who are separated from you through pride, overcome this barrier and yield completely to your will today.

HYMN 6:
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:37pm On May 21, 2017

MONDAY 22ND MAY, 2017

ASKING FOR NOTHING?

MEMORISE:
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:24

READ:
Luke 15:25-32

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 3-4 & Jeremiah 33:12-26

The benefits you derive from a person depends on how much that individual has and on how desperate you are to receive. If God is the One you need something from, then you are dealing with the Almighty God who has all things and who can do all things. Before approaching God, you need to first determine what you want and how much of it you want from Him. If your response is to ask God for nothing, am afraid you will leave empty-handed. James 4:2 says
“Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.”
In John 16:24, after several years together, the Lord addressed His disciples one day and said something that should shock us:
“Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.”
They lived, ate and slept with the Fountain of living waters, yet they failed to drink from it. Some people take contentment to the extreme. They think it is covetousness to ask God for anything decent, whereas God is waiting for them to ask. How much have you asked from God? Are you like the disciples who asked for nothing? They asked for nothing at a time when others, who were not even walking with Jesus, were already using His Name to get benefits from Heaven (Luke 9:49-50). Even God knows that having nothing is not good for you. The container of joy of the fellow who asks for nothing will always remain empty, whereas God wants it to overflow.
In the parable of the prodigal son, the senior son is another example of those who swim in abundance but hardly ever ask for a bit of it. When his younger brother returned and his father declared a feast, he was annoyed. How could his father slaughter a cow to celebrate his brother’s return, whereas he had not even had a ram to celebrate his birthday with his friends? This was one major difference between the two brothers. While he never asked for the least of all he was entitled to, his brother did not mind exceeding his limits. The younger brother had asked for all he could get from his father and wasted it, and yet on his return, the father kept spending on his account. Whose cow was being slaughtered for the prodigal son? It was definitely that of the elder brother. This teaches us that what you fail to ask for may be taken over by those who ask. God gave you a mouth with which to ask. Ask and ask big! From today, as you ask, God will answer you speedily in Jesus’ Name.

KEY POINT:
When we get to Heaven and some people see what they asked for in comparison with what they could have asked for, they will feel seriously cheated.

HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
[Refrain]

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy Word.
[Refrain]

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
[Refrain]

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Friendsmade(m): 4:03pm On May 22, 2017
for entertainment. visit here http://www.friendzmade.com/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:55pm On May 22, 2017

TUESDAY 23RD MAY, 2017

BE FULL OF FAITH

MEMORISE:
But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, Jude 1:20

READ:
Acts 6:3-10

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 5-6 & Jeremiah 34:1-16

According to Mark 16:17-18, the ability to demonstrate faith in God is very necessary in the ministry of signs and wonders. Hebrew 11:6 also says without faith you cannot please God. So how do we recognize someone with faith? A look at the life of someone in the Bible declared was full of faith should be able to provide us some answers. Acts 6:8 says,
“And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.”
Stephen was only a deacon in the early church. He was chosen as an usher to join the others in serving food, and yet because he was full of faith, he performed great signs and wonders, even more that some apostles. From the example of Stephen, it therefore means that you can be a worker in the church and God could still use you to perform mighty signs and miracles even more than a pastor. This simply tells us that walking in the miraculous is not about titles but about faith. You can be full of position or titles but empty of faith and therefore of little or no use to God in the ministry of signs and wonders. Some senior pastors cannot mention just one miracle the Lord has performed through them in the last two or more years, and yet God is doing wonders through their subordinates. It is doubtful that such pastors are full of faith. Are you full of faith or doubt? There is no way God will be among His people and His supernatural touch will not be visible for all to see.
Instead of building up their faith until it is full, some people choose to use everything at their disposal to secure position or an ordination in the Body of Christ, believing that the higher their position, the greater the anointing at their disposal. Unfortunately, they fail to realize that those who pursue position or ordination may get the title but not the power that backs it up. What is important is to build up your faith. After you are saved, do not keep your faith stagnant; grow it. Feed your faith by meditating regularly on God’s word, praying in the Holy Spirit, reading sound Christian literature and texts, and by listening to good Christian music and testimonies. You also need to fellowship regularly in a Bible-believing Church, so that you are constantly exposed to the truth. When you are full of faith, fear will have no place to hibernate inside you. This makes you a sure candidate for God to work with. May God work with you! Do all you can to build up your faith.

KEY POINT:
Your spiritual growth is your personal responsibility, and not that of your pastor.

HYMN 1:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4.When life’s swift race is run,
Death’s cold work almost done
Be near to me.
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:11pm On May 23, 2017

WEDNESDAY 24TH MAY, 2017

TRYING TO CORNER GOD?

MEMORISE:
But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year. Genesis 17:21

READ:
Genesis 17:15-21

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 7 & Jeremiah 34:17-35:11

After Abraham and Sarah used their own alternative means to attempt to solve their problem of childlessness, and Hagar delivered Ishmael to Abraham, they thought that God’s plan for their lives would change to accommodate Ishmael. They were wrong! In fact, in Genesis 17:18, Abraham made a passionate plea to God to recognize Ishmael as his covenant heir, but God insisted on His original plan. In Genesis 17:19, God said this to Abraham:
“…Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.”
A crucial lesson here is that we cannot force, deceive, manipulate or corner God into doing what He did not plan to do. Isaac is a product of the Spirit while Ishmael is the product of the flesh (Galatians 4:23-29). Never expect God to dump the Spirit for the flesh. Do you know that some Christians go against God’s word and will by marrying an unbeliever and then later pretend to be sorry by feigning tears, whereas inside them they are rejoicing that they have married their chosen heartthrob and have thus outsmart God? Such Christians would try to justify themselves by asking you whether God would expect them to divorce their unsaved spouses when God Himself says He hates divorce. Oh how smart they think they are! Unfortunately for them though, they will later realize how foolish they really are, when faced with the consequences of their choice.
If you go against God’s word and choose an unbeliever as your marriage or business partner, it is your choice. You will have to live with the repercussions of that choice. You may have 100 “Ishmaels”, but God’s covenant can only be established with “Isaac” (Genesis 17:21). Isaac is a product of God’s blessings, while Ishmael is the product of man’s lust, impatient, and self-government. Do not expect God to legitimize your Ishmael! Some people acquire wealth through illegitimate means and later expect God to sanctify it for them. They are only deceiving themselves. Anything you add to yourself that God has not added to you will ultimately be a curse that will haunt you. This is why it is better to wait on God to receive the blessing that comes from Him and not fall for cheap alternatives. Have you devised alternatives to God’s original plan for your life? Repent and dump them today! Go back to God and ask him to continue from where He stopped in your life.

ACTION POINT:
Have you ever tried to outsmart God? Go on your knees and confess how foolish you have been, and ask for His mercy today.

HYMN 9:
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
[Refrain]

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
[Refrain]

4.To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by XINZ: 12:40pm On May 24, 2017
Lalas247, please investigate and you'd find that aside Jude, I didn't discuss it with anyone else who didn't need to know. Every other person who came to me told me that you have already talked to them that's why I told my side of the story.

In any case, be rest assured it won't happen again. I trust you'd reciprocate this gesture as well. Enjoy the rest of your day.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Lalas247(f): 1:21pm On May 24, 2017
XINZ:
Lalas247, please investigate and you'd find that aside Jude, I didn't discuss it with anyone else who didn't need to know. Every other person who came to me told me that you have already talked to them that's why I told my side of the story.

In any case, be rest assured it won't happen again. I trust you'd reciprocate this gesture as well. Enjoy the rest of your day.
U are not going to address me like im one of ur puppets ...
if you want to talk you call me instead of displaying it for whole of Nl ......till then i have told you .. let me stay my lane you stay in yours do not let the Hate i have for you GET ANY WORSE ! smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2017

THURSDAY 25TH MAY, 2017

FOR THE GLORY

MEMORISE:
And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
Exodus 14:17

READ:
Exodus 14:15-17
15 And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
16 But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
17 And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honor upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

Do you know that every time God moves to deliver a helpless individual, He gets some form of glory from it? After God led the children of Israel out of Egypt and they were on their way towards the Red Sea, the Egyptians, forgetting all that they had suffered on account of the Israelites, resolved to go after them and bring them back. This was a serious problem for the Israelites, who had lived as slaves all their lives and were just experiencing freedom for the very first time. However, God did not leave them alone; in fact, He prepared Moses and Joshua to physically lead them while He provided spiritual direction and protection. On your way to the place of destiny, the Lord will not leave you alone. As he led the Israelites, so will He lead you in Jesus’ Name. Be assured in your heart that God will not allow your present predicament to drown you, because He knows that His intervention will definitely bring glory to His Name.
“And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.” Exodus 14:17
When God’s children were faced with the serious threat of returning to slavery, although they cried to God for help, one major reason why God intervened was because of the glory or honour He was going to get from it. If you are confronted with a situation you can easily come out of, or a situation someone can help you out with, either you or the fellow who helped you might want to take or partake of the glory when the problem is solved. In contrast to this, when you are pushed to a corner, with no specialist, parent, relative, friend or pastor to help, when God intervenes in such situations and the issue is resolved, He alone will take the glory. God does not like to share His glory with anyone or anything (Isaiah 42:cool. Unfortunately, many people who give testimonies still share in or even completely rob God of His glory. The summary of their testimonies is that they prayed so much, fasted so long, gave a lot or were very smart and got their miracle because of this. Such people are glory thieves. There are many people who have done much more than they did and yet their situations have not changed. God can step into your situation because of the glory He will get from it, so never tamper with His glory.

ACTION POINT:
Man has problem and wants a solution. God gives the solution and wants the glory. Never allow anything to tamper with God’s expectation!

HYMN 8:
1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain:
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
[Refrain]

3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2017

FRIDAY 26TH MAY, 2017

STAND UP FOR SOMETHING

MEMORISE:
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Revelation 3:16

READ:
Revelation 3:15-16
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

“I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.”

Revelation 3:15
If there is one state that God never wants His children to be in, it is the state of lukewarmness. As seen in the above scripture passage, the Lord speaks His mind on this issue in very strong terms. He says if you want to be hot, be hot, and if you want to be cold, be cold; if you are neither cold nor hot, He will spit you out of His mouth. God has zero tolerance for lukewarmness. As foretold by the Holy Spirit long ago, many Christians in these last days are falling into the state of lukewarmness. Lukewarm people are tasteless in God’s mouth, and hence He cannot stand them. You cannot mix your worship of God with the worship of an idol. How can you put the Ancient of Days on the same platform as an idol that is the contraption of men’s hearts? God is greatly insulted by this. If you want to be a Christian, be a completely devoted one. Serve Him with your life and ensure you glorify Him in all that you do. If you however do not want to be a Christian, do not pretend to be one.
One soul I wish I could have won for Christ is Fela Anikulapo kuti, the late Nigerian Afro-beat music icon. I loved him for one thing: he was not a pretender. His lifestyle clearly showed that he was not on the side of Christ. This man married 27 wives in one day! He was a law unto himself. Some people say they are serving God, and at home they have one wife but outside, they have several mistresses. Stop pretending! If you want to serve, serve Him, but if you don’t want to serve God, stay away from Him. Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. A lukewarm fellow will say he likes something, whereas he hates that same thing in his heart. He or she lives a false life. Some people appear to be very active and zealous for God when they are in their country of origin, but when they travel abroad, you will not believe they are the same person you thought you knew. Such people are unable to stand for the truth, and so will find excuses to justify their lack of zeal for the things of God. Lukewarm people are dream-killers and acts as bad influencers. If you are hot and you stay around them, they can discourage you by their attitude. Are you lukewarm? It’s time to come out of that state today! Take a stand for the truth and for living right!

KEY POINT:
Those who find it difficult to stand up for Jesus still love the world.

HYMN 9:
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
[Refrain]

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
[Refrain]

4.To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Damilare5882(m): 10:53am On May 26, 2017
Please house ...I have something bothering me ... I was told to stay clear off girls ... It doesn't mean I shouldnt have a girl I am dating oo in which I don't have one .. Now I have this girl , I made it known to her already that we can't marry but we are still together ..I am Yoruba while she's Igbo .. And we have engaged in kissing ..smooching fingering and likes which i know is wrong and i feel guilty but we Never had sex ... Now this is my question ..... What does it mean staying clear off a woman ...does it mean I shouldn't engage in sexual intercouse with a woman.in terms of penetration or with all those i haave done with her , can those be considered as sex ...Please dont castigate me ..I know its a sin but I need more explanation ...thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TimmyPapa(m): 11:00am On May 26, 2017
What type of pastor do we have nowaday
See a church where Members takes tons of beer and dance to drive out evil spirit https://afro9jaland..com.ng/2017/05/congo-church-where-members-drink-beer.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by thebondman: 7:19pm On May 26, 2017
Who has really developed an itchy ear as the Apostle Paul talked about? https://thebondman./2017/05/26/a-discourse-on-itchy-ears/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:39pm On May 26, 2017

SATURDAY 27TH MAY, 2017

SOUL-WINNING: A MARK OF LIFE

MEMORISE:
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2

READ:
John 15:1-6

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 12-13 & Jeremiah 36:20-32

Just as it was needful to fast and pray, it is also needful to win souls to God’s Kingdom regularly. Don’t just win one, two or five souls and stop, continue to win souls at all times. John 15:16 says
“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.”
Do you know that regular evangelism can keep you in shape spiritually? If you belong to Christ, you are like a living tree that produces fruit (Psalm 1:3). Any tree that produces good fruit will definitely be appreciated by its owner. Bearing spiritual fruits is one obvious sign that you are still spiritually alive. If you are winning souls often, it shows you are growing spiritually. It takes obedience to the Holy Spirit and partnership with Him to win a soul and to give life to the spiritually dead. If you are not bearing fruit, it could be because you are dead or separated from God. A dead fellow cannot be used as an agent of life. Moreover, in the course of soul-winning, there are some ideas, teachings and abilities that the Holy Spirit will endow you with which you may not easily access through any other means.
The truth is that those who go out for evangelism never go out alone. Why? Since they are out to obey the Lord’s command, which is so important to the Godhead, the Trinity works with them (Mark 16:20). The Lord sees to it that the word of the evangelist does not fall to the ground (Hebrew 2:3-4). The evangelist is a true fellow-worker with God. On the other hand, the fellow who does not win souls is not bringing joy to God’s heart and is also not showing signs of spiritual life. If you continue your Christian life without leading others to Christ, you may be cut off from your source (John 15:2, Luke 13:7). It therefore follows that if you want to grow spiritually, you must make soul-winning a regular activity. You must win souls and continue to win more souls. If you are actively winning souls, you will experience God’s special love and attention. God will also answer your prayers more easily, and increase your capacity to be fruitful by taking away hindrances to fruitfulness from your life. Using your attitude to soul-winning as a benchmark, are you dead or alive?

ACTION POINT:
To catch up on the number of souls you should have won in the past, launch an aggressive personal evangelism outreach drive to bring in at least 100 souls to God’s kingdom.

HYMN 13:
1. Wonderful story of love;
Tell it to me again;
Wonderful story of love;
Wake the immortal strain!
Angels with rapture announce it,
Shepherds with wonder receive it;
Sinner, oh, won’t you believe it?
Wonderful story of love.

Refrain:
Wonderful! Wonderful!
Wonderful, wonderful story of love.

2. Wonderful story of love;
Though you are far away;
Wonderful story of love;
Still He doth call today;
Calling from Calvary’s mountain,
Down from the crystal-bright fountain,
E’en from the dawn of creation,
Wonderful story of love.
[Refrain]

3. Wonderful story of love;
Jesus provides a rest;
Wonderful story of love;
For all the pure and blest,
Rest in those mansions above us,
With those who’ve gone on before us,
Singing the rapturous chorus,
Wonderful story of love.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:53pm On May 26, 2017
Damilare5882:
Please house ...I have something bothering me ... I was told to stay clear off girls ... It doesn't mean I shouldnt have a girl I am dating oo in which I don't have one .. Now I have this girl , I made it known to her already that we can't marry but we are still together ..I am Yoruba while she's Igbo .. And we have engaged in kissing ..smooching fingering and likes which i know is wrong and i feel guilty but we Never had sex ... Now this is my question ..... What does it mean staying clear off a woman ...does it mean I shouldn't engage in sexual intercouse with a woman.in terms of penetration or with all those i haave done with her , can those be considered as sex ...Please dont castigate me ..I know its a sin but I need more explanation ...thanks
I really appreciate your sincerity together for the fact that your conscience is still alive.
Now, staying clear of woman doesn't mean that you shouldn't relate with them but you just have to limit the relationship. Kissing, smooching fingers and other sexual stimulating actions should be cut off.
God will help you.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Damilare5882(m): 10:35pm On May 26, 2017
Julivas:

I really appreciate your sincerity together for the fact that your conscience is still alive.
Now, staying clear of woman doesn't mean that you shouldn't relate with them but you just have to limit the relationship. Kissing, smooching fingers and other sexual stimulating actions should be cut off.
God will help you.
Thanks.
amen...thanks

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by letilex: 10:37pm On May 28, 2017
hey guys i watched this video and was blessed i just want someone out there to watch and be blessed .jesus loves u all
pls watch how to recieve ur miracle here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geK69px0D6g&t=169s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 11:42pm On May 28, 2017
Julivas:

God will help you.
Thanks.

Really been a while here! Awwwnnnnn.

Thanks Julivas and other brothers/sisters for keeping this thread alive!
I'll post a couple of nuggets tomorrow to keep up with our Faith.

God's Blessings! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by temilydia: 10:12am On May 29, 2017
The world awaits Revival,there's a need 4 changes but How will they be Revived?If Christians can't even see the need for A Revival

Add me on +2348120118751 to join my WhatsApp group:
It's a Group Where We Come Together To Help Each Other Discover God's Plan As It Relates To Our life..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 6:23pm On May 29, 2017
Culled from Proverbs 31 Woman

Arlene Pellicane
May 29, 2017
Bold as a Lion
ARLENE PELLICANE

“The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.” Proverbs 28:1 (NIV)
I have never owned a dog. I wasn’t looking for the perfect family pet — having three children is plenty of activity for me. Yet through a series of odd events, I found myself days away from bringing home a puppy.
The first time my children met the puppy, the pup’s protective mom bit my 10-year-old daughter Noelle. Talk about making a first impression!
Noelle was wiggly and unsure of herself around dogs. When she grew uncomfortable, she turned to run away, thus the bite on her back side.
She whispered solemnly and urgently, “Mom, I want to leave right now. I want to go back to the car.”
This visit, which Noelle had anticipated with happiness all week, was not going well.
Have you ever felt like that? You’ve entered a situation excited and full of courage, but then something goes wrong and it sends you sideways.
In today’s key verse, we learn more about what produces courage and displaces fear. This short proverb is power packed. On one side of the equation, you have wickedness and fear: “The wicked flee though no one pursues.”
On the other side, there’s righteousness and courage: “The righteous are as bold as a lion.”
Why do the wicked flee if no one is chasing them?
When I was growing up as a teenager, there were certain television shows I wasn’t supposed to watch. But when my parents weren’t home, I would sit close to the TV and watch the forbidden programs. I sat close so if I heard the garage open, I could quickly turn off the TV and run to the couch to pretend I was doing homework.
At the slightest noise or creak, my heart would race. I was fearful and fleeing although no one was pursuing me. And I’ve realized: When you have a guilty conscience, it’s difficult to be as bold as a lion.
The truly “wicked” don’t try to right their wrongs. You live in guilt when you repeatedly ignore your conscience. You imagine pursuers and accusations where there are none. Your own heart condemns you.
On the other hand, who are these brave, righteous souls, and how can I be counted among them? These believers aren’t courageous because they are perfect or because they have worked their way to the top.
They are righteous because they have been justified by faith in Christ. (Romans 3:28)
They are righteous because they trust in the Lord and believe by faith. (Genesis 15:6)
They are righteous because their sins are forgiven, and their spirits are not deceitful. (Psalm 32:1-2)

When we dwell on who we are in Christ — righteous and forgiven because of His death and resurrection — we become braver. We’re more motivated to live with a clean conscience with nothing to hide. How liberating to live in this truth: I am made right through faith in Christ!
Without Christ, there is much to fear in the world and in ourselves. But with Christ, you can stand firm, bold as a lion — even when you’re feeling like a little girl facing an intimidating dog. Lions are courageous in the face of opposition. They are symbols of strength and dignity.
Does this verse mean we’ll never experience fear since we are now made righteous? No, even the righteous can be timid as we see from biblical characters such as Abraham and Moses. However, we will fear less and trust more.
Noelle did meet our puppy that day. She is learning to stand tall and assertive, calmly walking through the yard … even when that mama dog is present. The righteous are as bold as a lion (and in my daughter’s case, that includes being brave with dogs).

Lord Jesus, the heavens proclaim Your righteousness. Thank You for rescuing me and delivering me from sin. I lay aside my fears and confess my sin before You. I put on the breastplate of righteousness to guard my heart and mind. May I be as bold as a lion, proclaiming Your power to change lives. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
Isaiah 54:14, “In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.” (NIV)

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by doyinbaby(f): 9:08pm On May 29, 2017
Men always ought to pray always and not to faint
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by doyinbaby(f): 9:10pm On May 29, 2017
I will blessed the lord at all times his praise shall continually be in my mouth
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by teevodaprinz(m): 11:26am On May 30, 2017
The Boundaries of Godly Sexuality (Leviticus 18:6-29)

https://bible.org/seriespage/13-boundaries-godly-sexuality-leviticus-186-29

Leviticus 18:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 18:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God. 18:3 After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances. 18:4 Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God. 18:5 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD. 18:6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the LORD. 18:7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness. 18:8 The unclothedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's unclothedness. 18:9 The unclothedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their unclothedness thou shalt not uncover. 18:10 The unclothedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their unclothedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own unclothedness. 18:11 The unclothedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness. 18:12 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman. 18:13 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman. 18:14 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt. 18:15 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness. 18:16 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's unclothedness. 18:17 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her unclothedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness. 18:18 Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her unclothedness, beside the other in her life time. 18:19 Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her unclothedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness. 18:20 Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her. 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. 18:23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. 18:24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: 18:25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants. 18:26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you: 18:27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiledwink 18:28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you. 18:29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people. 18:30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Franboyance: 9:09pm On May 30, 2017
Join C.C.C. youth forum, whatsapp
https://chat.wehatsapp.com/AgfZtyjzEYT7h3vbteI0l2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ademoyewilliams(m): 10:12am On May 31, 2017
The blood of Jesus did not only wash and cleanse us from our iniquities but also made us Kings and priests.#hallelujah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
MONDAY 5TH JUNE, 2017

DESPERATE?

MEMORISE:
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. Matthew 11:12

READ:
Mark 2:1-5

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 3-5 & Jeremiah 42:18-43:7

While some people encounter God and ask Him for nothing, some others ask for crumbs while some few ask big. Also, while some people are ready to wait until their desires are granted, some others are desperate. Even though God has the ability to do all things, how fast your desires will be granted is often determined by your level of desperation. Desperate people do desperate things to get results, and so, the attitude of their prayer is usually different from that of those who can wait. ln our Bible reading for today, when four men brought their friend who was paralysed and bedridden down to Jesus, they did not like what they saw: all the doors and windows were blocked and a big crowd surrounded the house. So what did they do? After studying the situation, these four friends observed that only the roof was free, and an idea struck their minds. They wiggled their way to the roof, tore it open, and lowered their friend into the place where Jesus was. The Lord Jesus Christ had to suspend everything else He was doing to attend to their friend. How desperate are you to receive your miracle? If you say you are
desperate, where are the signs of your desperation? Desperate people break protocol! They refuse to wait where others would, and try out new measures that others may never think of. Desperate people refuse to be limited by what limits others, and they will do everything possible to get the result they desire.
When God sees desperate faith in action, He is most unlikely to turn it down. ln fact, God allows such. Hence, Matthew 11:12 says
"And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."
lf you are not desperate, you would be placed at the end of the line. If you are a bit violent, you can end up in the middle of the queue, but if you are truly desperate, you will be moved to the front, irrespective of how long
others have waited to get there. Desperate people are persistent. They draw up the attention of other people in their bid to get what they desire. Although desperate people can really be a "nuisance", they don`t care about who they inconvenience as long as they get what they want. How desperate are you for divine intervention over your situation? Cry out to God today and let Him hear the desperation in your voice and see it in your actions, and He will surely answer you.

KEY POINT:
A desperate fellow persistently tables just one request before God and cannot wait to receive a positive response on it.

HYMN 4:
1. Through the love of God, our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All will be well;
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched out to shield us,
All will be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Ours is such a full salvation,
All will be well.
Happy when in God confiding,
Fruitful if in Christ abiding,
Holy through the Spirit's guiding,
All will be well.

3. We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All will be well;
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying
In our living, in our dying,
All will be well.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2017

TUESDAY 6TH JUNE, 2017

INSTANT OBEDIENCE

MEMORISE:
Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
Titus 3:1

READ:
Acts 8:26-38

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 6-7 & Jeremiah 43:8-44:10

Philip was a man of good report and full of the Holy Spirit (Acts 6:3-5). Beyond this, he was also a man of instant obedience. In todays Bible reading, just after concluding an extremely successful crusade in Samaria, the word of the Lord came to him saying, "Philip, leave this city and go to the desert." What was his response? "Yes, Lord!", and off he went. He did not even ask what he was going to do there. He did not ask what was going to happen to his converts in the city hejust moved. When he got to the desert, he saw a man in a chariot and the Holy Spirit spoke again: "Get into to that chariot." Without hesitating, he said, "Yes Lord", and he complied. He was indeed a man of instant obedience! Once he received an instruction and recognised the voice as that of the Holy Spirit, he immediately swung into action. How soon do you comply with divine directives? Some people hear God and they
pretend it is not God speaking. When it comes to giving away something precious or something of great sacrifice: a treasured car, a mansion, large sums of money or a choice piece of land in a prime area, some people begin to pretend it is the devil speaking to them. They would begin to rebuke Satan where Satan is not even present.
Do you have this character of instant obedience? When some people receive an instruction from God, they will say they want to pray about it. Are you praying about it so that God will change His mind? Some will say they want some time to think about it. Some others will say, "Lord, l have heard You, but let me first discuss it with my spouse." How fast do you respond to divine instructions? In the early days when I was a worker in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, being in possession of a car was a big challenge. Why? You could get to the headquarters of the church at Ebute-Metta, Lagos, in the morning, and after being greeted, you would be told, "Brother, please go to Ondo State (about 5 hours drive away) and pray with a particular brother who is sick" Getting to Ondo, you may be told, "Sorry, he moved to his home town over the weekend", and you would have to go there and trace his location. Nobody would give you money for fuel. When you got to church in the morning, you could not say when you would get back home. All you were expected to say is, "Yes Sir". God is looking for those who can say "Yes Lord", and He will use them for signs and wonders. If you can obey God promptly, you will go very far with Him.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, give me grace for instant obedience.

HYMN 14:
1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
Culled from Proverbs 31 Ministries

How Knowing Just Half the Story Can Lead to a Whole Big Mess
Karen Ehman
KAREN EHMAN
June 6, 2017

“Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, ‘If you continue in my word, you really are my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’” John 8:31-32 (CSB)

Do you remember your very first job? Your first bona-fide, legit employment gig, complete with a paycheck made out in your name?

Devotion Graphic
In my teens and early 20s, I performed many different tasks to earn some pocket change. I nannied children. Washed dishes. Waited tables. Answered phones. But perhaps my favorite job was when I spent two summers at a nature center teaching classes for 4-year-olds.

I learned how to identify critters in the pond, how to tell a chipmunk from a 13-line ground squirrel, and — of utmost importance — how to spot poison ivy. (Leaves of three? Then, let it be!)

My poison ivy identification skills have come in handy over the years. One time, a friend suspected they had it growing all over their shed. Upon inspection, I discovered they were right. So, her family took care to remove it, wearing long sleeves and gloves for protection.

However, she mentioned a frightening fact to me about their removal process. She said they’d burned all the ivy in a giant bonfire while they stood over it roasting marshmallows!

While my friend knew the danger of touching the ivy itself, it hadn’t occurred to her that burning the plant — emitting smoke that had the plant’s oils mingled in it — would cause a worse reaction than just touching the leaves.

Sure enough, her whole family acquired blistering rashes, especially on their faces, and their eyes became sorely bloodshot and painfully itchy. One son even developed a serious respiratory reaction. All this occurred because she only knew half the truth about poison ivy — touching it is bad. She didn’t know that burning it while standing nearby is even worse.

Just like the Jews in today’s passage, who “had believed” in Jesus, the beginning of our walk with God is only half of the story. We can’t stop there. We must continue to allow God to grow our faith.

John 8:31-32 states, “Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, ‘If you continue in my word, you really are my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’” Our faith’s start is crucial, but we need to know and live the rest of the story: We must keep growing in Christ, continually walking in God’s Word in a way that sets us free and keeps sin from poisoning our lives and causing a mighty — even painful — mess.

Continuing in God’s Word by knowing the truth doesn’t mean learning religious concepts in a fuzzy, partial manner. It means experiencing the actual truth of God’s Word in a totally transformational way. In fact, the original Greek word for “know” in this verse doesn’t suggest tucking away ideas in our minds. It constitutes genuine action on our part. It means to “recognize, realize and ascertain” and “to come to properly understand a truth through personal, first-hand experience.”

We do this not just by skimming the Bible, but by intentionally internalizing its truths, applying them to real-life situations and forging our faith solidly as we continually experience Jesus and His saving grace firsthand.

Like the old saying goes, we need to get into God’s Word so His Word can get into us.

Determine today to not only rely on the fact of your salvation experience without forging ahead in your faith. We need the whole truth of the gospel. Jesus saved us (past tense), but he is continually perfecting us, too (present tense) if only we will cooperate.

We can go to the source of truth, rather than just relying on assumptions and stories. And when we really know the truth — in the true biblical sense — we can live out the truth of Scripture in a way that ushers in authentic freedom.

What a glorious thought: We can know the truth. The truth sets us free. How? “If you continue in my word” (John 8:31b).

Keep on continuing.

Father, help me to not just rest on the fact of my salvation, but also to continue in Your Word through the truth-giving life You offer me through Your son. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY

Psalm 25:5, “Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; I wait for you all day long.” (CSB)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by zlent16(m): 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: WEDNESDAY 7TH JUNE 2017

THEME: PLEASE GOD AND NOT SELF

Memorise:
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. John 4:34
Read: 2 Timothy 3:1-5
3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

From Matthew 6:10, we understand that man was created to do God's will on earth so that he can ultimately continue doing so when he gets to Heaven. Although God has a plan for everyone He created, He will not force us to do anything against our will, because He created us as free moral agents with the power of choice. After Adam sinned, he lost God's glory and began to pursue a life of self-will (Romans 3:23). This self-will has ultimately led to self-centeredness in mankind. When you study the vices that the Holy Spirit forewarned us will be rife in the last days, you will discover that one common theme summarises them all: selfishness.
In the world of instant gratification and individualism that we live in today, it is either you are God-centred or self-centred. It is either you consider how an event will benefit God's Kingdom or how you will personally benefit from it. If you are a lover of self, it will be difficult for you to really please God. Why? Your service will be plastic and superficial, having no depth in the things of the Kingdom. A self-centred individual cannot make sacrifices for God.
All he or she is interested in is personal convenience, whether in service, worship or giving. lf such a fellow gives a big donation to any kingdom project, you will discover that the motive behind the giving is to have it announced for the sake of his or her ego.
A self-centred fellow lives in rebellion against God. He loves pleasure a lot because it delights him. Samson lived such a selfish life, even as a leader of God's people. He could not be controlled by his parents because selfish people are in charge of their own lives, not God or anyone else. His parents warned him against marrying an unbeliever, but he refused. He went ahead because she satisfied the lust of his eyes and that of his flesh (Judges 14:1-3). Your choices in life must be God-centred. Jesus is our perfect example. While on earth, He was mainly preoccupied with doing His Father's will (John 4:34). Anytime His personal desire clashed with that of His Father, just like it happened at the Garden of Gethsemane, He subordinated His will to God's will (Luke 22:41-42). What kind of life are you living? Are you going about pleasing yourself or making God happy in all that you do?

Prayer Point:
Father, in all that I do, help me always remember to please You and not myself.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 8:9
Jeremiah 44:11-19

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — A Child With A Difference / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.