Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

What Is The Difference Between A Sea , Ocean And A Beach - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Difference Between A Sea , Ocean And A Beach (7039 Views)

Fish Eats Drowned Guy At Elegushi Beach (PHOTO) / Destruction Caused By Ocean Surge At Alpha Beach (Pictures) / Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Sea , Ocean And A Beach by mickeymimi: 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
Many people use the terms "ocean" and "sea" and " beach" interchangeably . My niece , a young student is finding it difficult to understand why it should be different . why the water all taste different and particularly why the beach should be salty. Also she believes the sea water and beach water come from different source and can never mix, based on the superstition her mum told her some yrs back after visiting kuramo beach, that if you pour beach water and sea water in a bottle it will break . So I have decided to bring it to my learned colleagues on NL to help us out. Thanks.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sea , Ocean And A Beach by RudySmith(m): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
SMH
ocean, beach or sea water is salty, not only beach water.
If ur niece doesn't get the dictionary definition of the 3 words then send her 2 Yaba left 4 consultation, where her parents must b residing. Only crazy parents can give such description of Kuramo beach water.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sea , Ocean And A Beach by mickeymimi: 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
RudySmith: SMH
ocean, beach or sea water is salty, not only beach water.
If ur niece doesn't get the dictionary definition of the 3 words then send her 2 Yaba left 4 consultation, where her parents must b residing. Only crazy parents can give such description of Kuramo beach water.

There is no need to be rude if you can't help out, didn't mean to offend anyone. Her mum probably told her as a joke then ,not knowing she will take it on board and i was amused when she asked me now lol. We all get told superstitions as a little child. please free her and her parent. I was looking for a good reply so I can explain it better to her in a simple way. all the same have a good day.

(1) (Reply)

What Do People Do for Fun? / This Is What Joblessness Is Doing Me — Picture I Took This Morning / Nairaland Guys Are Ugly; Checked Their Profiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.