Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,682 members, 7,844,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts (929 Views)

Jose Mourinho Has Last Laugh With Lucrative Pay-off Terms / Youths Visit "Mad Men" & "Imbeciles" To Win Big In Sport Bets (Photos) / Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by Egavlas(m): 1:44pm On Feb 09, 2008
Below is a text message that I received. Its apparently being passed around so that it would possibly get to the Authorities :

"We d youths in Ajegunle and other parts of Lagos, want 2 help Globacom 2 pay off Berti Vogts.

We are willing to send sms with Glo lines at 50 naira per sms 4 a period of time and so accumulate d money.

Our football will never grow with a man who coaches us from abroad.

Pls pass this text msg to at least two people and hopefully, the authorities will see how we feel."

This is soo touching.
I have passed it on to five people. We all know that football keeps Nigerians 2gether and our youths occupied.
The Sports Ministry must know this and probe the Fraudulent people that signed such a contract with Vogts.
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by McOmo(m): 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2008
I was a part of the team that engineered this cool

nice one, its getting wider spread cheesy
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by Egavlas(m): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2008
I think people on this forum that care about this should also copy the message and send as sms to friends.

Let it spread.
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by Truequest(m): 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2008
Incredible! I've never seen a thing like this.
A complete 'VOGT' of no confidence a beg go Vogt go!
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by vikiviko(m): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2008
Glo must read this sms.

Mr Bert Vogts is not an honorable gentleman, typical white coaches do not wait to be asked, they throw in the towel.

There 2 types of coaches the 1 that is going to be sacked and the 1 just sacked.

Definitely Bert would be sacked .

Long Live Nigerian football
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by tosinadeda: 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2008
him mama no go see one naira out of my money
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by Egavlas(m): 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2008
vikiviko:

Glo must read this sms.

Mr Bert Vogts is not an honorable gentleman, typical white coaches do not wait to be asked, they throw in the towel.

Long Live Nigerian football

I agree with you. The man is very dishonorable. A decent white coach would just resign after such a catastrophe.

Even in the face of outcry from the Nation, the man insists on remaining the coach even against the wishes of the people.
He is going to put himself in grave danger if he continues this.

Its obvious now that he just came here for the money and a meal ticket. Thats why he added all those clauses to the contract.

Also Sanni Lulu and the people that signed the contract are either illiterates or are party to the fraud and are gaining from the contract.
This may explain the confidence Vogts has in insisting that he will remain coach.

That Vogts is shameless. From his base in Germany(where he coaches the 'National Team' from), he granted an interview to a German paper saying he is still in Charge and that no one will sack him.

Well meaning Nigerians must call on EFCC to probe this contract saga.
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by Seun(m): 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2008
I hope you know that the SMS idea is silly.
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by Egavlas(m): 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2008
Seun:

Seun, yes trying to raise money through the sms could be silly but those youths are surely just being emotional and want to be heard.

Am passing the message on so that it will get to the people that make the decisions, which is probably just what the people that sent the message out want to achieve.

Its an emotional thing.

Am sure when it comes to brass tacks that no one would want to pay a kobo higher for sms
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by smile4kenn(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2008
very touching, am also sending to my friends list on yahoo and msn
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by AH2MUCH: 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2008
Seun:

cld be silly but it is " sillier" saying that it is silly
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by davidif: 1:41am On Feb 10, 2008
are you guys serious his buyout clause his $1.5 million. una go starve o.
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by ritchboy(m): 8:23am On Feb 10, 2008
cld be silly but it is " sillier" saying that it is  silly

what a silly statement.

are you guys serious his buyout clause his $1.5 million. una go starve o.

$1.5 million  shocked shocked shocked

them wan pack go village? grin
isnt it sheer stupidity to raise that much money to pay off a coach when whoever comes in wont be any more successful?
even if they hire arsene wenger as head coach,alex ferguson as assistant and fabio capelllo/ottmar hitzfeld/carlo ancelotti/jose mourinho in the backroom staff they can't do sh*t as long as the NFA are still the ones pulling the strings.
its better they give the money to a "motherless babies home".
Re: Youths In Lagos Offer To Pay Off Berti Vogts by Egavlas(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2008
ritchboy:

even if they hire arsene wenger as head coach,alex ferguson as assistant and fabio capelllo/ottmar hitzfeld/carlo ancelotti/jose mourinho in the backroom staff they can't do sh*t as long as the NFA are still the ones pulling the strings.
its better they give the money to a "motherless babies home".

The NFA head , LULU should be probed and impeached. One other FA member has opened up saying Lulu did the signing of Vogts in a shady and fraudulent way without the consent of other members.

(1) (Reply)

Siasia Dumps Mikel Obi / Supper Eagles Tour Lagos With Afcon Trophy / Suarez ‘barcelona Shirts’ Already On Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.