Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Landlord Issue - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Issue (468 Views)

Funny Threat To Wicked Landlord (photo) Lol / From Tenant To Landlord.my Experience. / Living The Life In Lekki: How To Become A Lekki Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Issue by 9ben: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2012
Please help me out, myy landlord just serve me with notice to quit this morning by his lawyer and am owning him 2 months rent but what amaze me is that this quit notice letter i received is back dated from Sept 28 to March 31, ii want to know if ii should take the matter up since today is Nov 27 so i think the date should start from today to May any lawyer should help me out. Thanks
Re: Landlord Issue by i1: 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
yes u should, what u should have done was write the date u collected it on the letter, however, get a lawyer to write to your landlord's lawyer intimating him that you are aware of the illegal steps he is about to take
Re: Landlord Issue by wura2020: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
You see another wicked tenant looking for a lawyer to help him. You owe your landlord and he has giving you a quit notice,so what is the fuss. Just pack out and look for another abode. Shikena
Re: Landlord Issue by 9ben: 5:56am On Nov 29, 2012
@wura am not a wicked Tenant FYI my Landlord is been so wicked i my miscellaneous bills are to expire on OCT next year and he server me quit notice so don't just judge anyhow and @I thanks for your opinion
Re: Landlord Issue by femiseun1: 11:42am On Nov 29, 2012
Since u have defaulted in the terms of your agreement and u are now owing him for 2 months. That will be used against u (Labeling u a Bad Tenant) and quoting the date of the quit notice will not help your course because the copy of the back-dated letter have been filed in court as an already served notice. That's Naija Landlord sense for u. Just start looking for another house before the court judgement.

(1) (Reply)

For Rent: A Single Room And A Room Self Contain In V/i (urgent) / Direct Brief, A Land Of About 3000sqm Located In Wuse Zone 7 Abuja / For Sale-2 Storey Building With Large Compound In Ajao Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.