Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Volunteer Web Designers Needed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Volunteer Web Designers Needed (624 Views)

We Need Web Designers Urgently / Clients Who Cheat Web Designers After Getting A Demo / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volunteer Web Designers Needed by kuyt: 9:40am On Nov 27, 2012
Peeps, I don't know if it is out of place for me to ask this question.
Is there any way that I can get volunteer web designers for a project.
A friend who is currently outside the country mailed me to ask if he could get this service for the project he is planning to embark on as soon as he arrives in the country next January.
My contacts are 08932777721, 08055566997.
Thanks.
Re: Volunteer Web Designers Needed by ilekky(m): 10:10am On Nov 27, 2012
I believe strongly we can work together.We shall share

our wealth of experience with you.In case,you are interested,send

mail to info@yemlat.com or call 07069186241,08028359239.
Re: Volunteer Web Designers Needed by DualCore1: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2012
Dude this is a profession, your friend should add the cost of hiring a development team to the budget.
Do we get to see companies looking for volunteer welders or drillers?

We just haven't gotten to that stage in Nigeria for volunteer-powered projects.
Re: Volunteer Web Designers Needed by soloqy: 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
What is the project about? If it is in anyway, going to be set up to make any money(no matter how much), then he shouldnt be looking for volunteers.

But if it will be setup to save some dying folk or rescue some lost souls, then....
Re: Volunteer Web Designers Needed by popoyeh(m): 10:40am On Nov 28, 2012
@ All

I am the person who needs the help of a volunteer web designer. I was very reluctant to post this on Nl because as @ Dual Core posts above 'maybe' Nigeria is not just there yet for volunteer-powered projects. I asked @ Kuyt to help with finding someone who can help,and thats how we got here.

We may not be used to volunteerism, but then, there is always a beginning; how about it begins here

As @ Sology requested....

The project is to economically empower street children using fruit farming and the processes involved in bee keeping as tools. The project will be a holistic approach to tackling the issue of street children in that it starts from taking them off the streets, taking care of their medical and basic needs, giving them literacy skills using non-formal education, livelihood skills using farming and bee keeping, business skills of basic book keeping and social etiquettes, sourcing for micro financing to enable them start their own enterprises and eventually reintegrate them back into the community as positive contributors to the society.

I am presently on a scholarship, training in India for this project and am due back home in January. In the institution where we are training, we have opportunities to fund raise for our projects. That I need a website is an understatement, it is a must have. I need to show my seriousness to donors, I need to create publicity and hype for the project even before leaving here. Obviously, I can't do it alone, I need help.

I have registered the domain name through GNBO - Upperlink and I just created a wordpress account, thats all I have done.

What I need is a good designer who is willing to volunteer for a good cause.

Thank You.
Re: Volunteer Web Designers Needed by popoyeh(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2012
@ ilekky

Thanks for showing interest without knowing what the project is about, now that you know, I hope your desire to help won't deteriorate. I will send you an email this evening, I have classes now. Thank you once again.

(1) (Reply)

Secret Of Getting Approved By Google Adsense / Add Subscription Box Below Every Post On Blogger / Urgent Website Hosting And Design Contract.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.