Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives (1302 Views)

20 Men Marry 2nd Wives In Zuntu, Kaduna State (Photos) / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by 190theclown: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2012
I've been thinking - Why are Nigerian girls scared of 2nd wives/2nd girlfriends
A wise man once told me - spare the-rod spoil the-Nigerian girl but these days I've come 2understand that threatning and keeping to_ur word on getting a 2nd wife could actually keep the-nigerian women on their heels

Its like saying - Honey I'm getting a new wife cos u are slacking in bed or you're getting Fat or you're not cooking well enough - next thing na Village Meeting go hold for your head with your kinsmen begging you not 2marry another wife.

I was minding my business again today when I saw a large crowd of people gathered, I parked and strolled towards the-crowd only 2find a Nigerian woman rolling on the-ground- wrapper don comot from her body tey tey- her reason for drawing public attention is cos her husband wants 2marry another wife, I found it amazing- could this be a new way of excerising control over these stuborn set of women-

Guys how about we excerise this sort of control over our women- threaten them that we would get new girls each time they screw up or how una see am

Discuss
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by 190theclown: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2012
Wtf is my post doing on this section again angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 27, 2012
I will tell you why this is troublesome. No woman wants to hear that she is not good enough, nor that she is not deserving of all of her husband time and devotion. It will seriously break the heart and spirit of the first wife. Even if she says nothing other wise, out of the love of this man. When you look into the eyes of a woman who loves you can see the love all over her face. However in the eyes of a woman who is broken, and you will see the pain within. In life a woman is to be her husbands everything however you can't be if he is with another. As well as I know you should not question a man. However how would you like it if whIle fetching water she turns back at you to inform you that, tonight once you get home please be quite because her second husband many be sleeping. How would you feel? No man will stand by for that because men are alpha males and so can women. Don't forgive it easy to claim forgiveness than to truly really forgive. Women are strong and may put up with it however many are truly not happy not at all. For everyone you find to say they are I will find four that is not.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 27, 2012
Why can't men accept for women to have more than one husband? undecided or knowingly approve a boyfriend for your wife?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 27, 2012
190, why on earth wld u be doing this on family section? i enjoy wot u do to them in d romance section but for God's sake, don't bcum a "dagba'laamu" here now. Pls, kindly carry ur tins back 2 where u're cumin 4rm. Gud boooyyyy.....
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by 190theclown: 11:39am On Nov 27, 2012
^Ooh oh help me ask dat fool called sexkillz he moved my belongings here angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by RudySmith(m): 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
No man should get a 2nd wife, that's like adding insults to injury, but let that wife know that u will b getting urself someone that can provide u with what she is/was suppose 2 provide.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
RudySmith: No man should get a 2nd wife, that's like adding insults to injury, but let that wife know that u will b getting urself someone that can provide u with what she is/was suppose 2 provide.

Hopefully, that comes with you giving her the free reign to get herself someone that can provide her with what you are/were supposed to provide. That would be the civilized way to do it.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by RudySmith(m): 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2012
^^ If a man can no longer provide his wife with anything he was suppose 2 then hell yeah.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
RudySmith: ^^ If a man can no longer provide his wife with anything he was suppose 2 then hell yeah.

Cool...It wouldn't be a long stretch of the imagination to think that one person cannot provide every single thing one wants abi. So if you are willing to let her know you will go fulfill the rest of those desires outside, then your wife should be able to simultaneously go fulfill hers at will without more preconditions than yours.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by salam001(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2012

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by RudySmith(m): 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
ileobatojo: Cool...It wouldn't be a long stretch of the imagination to think that one person cannot provide every single thing one wants abi. So if you are willing to let her know you will go fulfill the rest of those desires outside, then your wife should be able to simultaneously go fulfill hers at will without more preconditions than yours.

That's where u r wrong/mistaking. People do get married bcuz the person they are dating fulfill all the requirements that they seek as a spouse. If during the course of the marriage these requirements are not met any longer, then drastic measure r 2 b taken in order to insure that this marriage lasts its course.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
RudySmith:

That's where u r wrong/mistaking. People do get married bcuz the person they are dating fulfill all the requirements that they seek as a spouse. If during the course of the marriage these requirements are not met any longer, then drastic measure r 2 b taken in order to insure that this marriage lasts its course.

As long as either partner is free to take the drastic measures anytime needed, then I fully understand your position.

*For those with comprehension difficulties, this doesn't mean I agree with the position*
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by erico2k2(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
Getting a 2nd wife is rubish, if you think you are heading nowhere with the first get a divorce B4 jumping into marrying another full stop thats how it is in my book
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
Can Rudy please explain this thread to me in simple words please? cheesy I really can't comprehend ....it's very difficult to grasp mentally tongue

Eriko; you said it all ... God bless you!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by 190theclown: 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by onila(f): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
190-the-clown:
Your hot smiley kiss
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by 190theclown: 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
onila: Your hot smiley kiss

Date me cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by onila(f): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
190-the-clown:

Date me cheesy cheesy
i wish but am busy-final year sturvs
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by RudySmith(m): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
jidegirl12: Can Rudy please explain this thread to me in simple words please? cheesy I really can't comprehend ....it's very difficult to grasp mentally tongue

Eriko; you said it all ... God bless you!

ok let me try
A man and a woman get together, they date and are very fond of one another. They then decide 2 get married bcuz they find in each other what they desire in life. A few yrs down the line, one of the participant decides 2 not b at their best in one area or the other, bcuz of one Bullcrap or the other. Their partner should *evaluate if they can continue living with such lack in his/her life and adapt, *find a way 2 replace the lack or *divorce. Only after a serious talk with their partner can such decision b made. A 2nd wife, a mistress or even divorce cannot be enforce unto someone, it is all down 2 acceptance from both party *but* expecting people 2 accept something they r not willing 2 do is not the way 2 go.

We all know that many women don't want 2 hear about 2nd wife bcuz they know that the lady will b better than them, not bcuz the new lady is indeed better, but bcuz wifey knows how lacking she is and foolishly expects her husband 2 accept her crap. Each participant in marriage should b at their best at all times. even 90% won't do in my humble opinion.

erico2k2: Getting a 2nd wife is rubish, if you think you are heading nowhere with the first get a divorce B4 jumping into marrying another full stop thats how it is in my book

Just bcuz a wife may b lacking, doesn't mean u r heading nowhere with her *especially if u care 4 her and she is a good mother*, it just means that with a few tweaks u can get her back 2 where she fell from or replace that with the help of someone else under her full knowledge. How difficult is it 2 show someone where they r lacking and make them understand that since she cannot provide it 4 u, u will get it somewhere else?

Here is a great fact of life: If u r coming back home 2 wifey after getting ur *lack* back on elsewhere, chances r she will b cool with it. It's all about how u go about presenting ur case.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by 190theclown: 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
onila: i wish but am busy-final year sturvs

I won't allow the-relation affect your studies cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by dsolo(m): 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
190-the-clown:
I've been thinking - Why are Nigerian girls scared of 2nd wives/2nd girlfriends
A wise man once told me - spare the-rod spoil the-Nigerian girl but these days I've come 2understand that threatning and keeping to_ur word on getting a 2nd wife could actually keep the-nigerian women on their heels

Its like saying - Honey I'm getting a new wife cos u are slacking in bed or you're getting Fat or you're not cooking well enough - next thing na Village Meeting go hold for your head with your kinsmen begging you not 2marry another wife.

I was minding my business again today when I saw a large crowd of people gathered, I parked and strolled towards the-crowd only 2find a Nigerian woman rolling on the-ground- wrapper don comot from her body tey tey- her reason for drawing public attention is cos her husband wants 2marry another wife, I found it amazing- could this be a new way of excerising control over these stuborn set of women-

Guys how about we excerise this sort of control over our women- threaten them that we would get new girls each time they screw up or how una see am

Discuss

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by 190theclown: 7:15am On Nov 28, 2012
undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
190-the-clown:
^Ooh oh help me ask dat fool called sexkillz he moved my belongings here angry
u want mke him banned u abi?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives by 190theclown: 7:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
Wizee: u want mke him banned u abi?

I'l kill him if he dares undecided

(1) (Reply)

Delight yourself in the comment box / 11 Things Happy Couples Avoid / Opinion On Ladies That Set Out To Be Single Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.