Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

I Am SUPERWOMAN And You Are My SUPERMAN - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am SUPERWOMAN And You Are My SUPERMAN (823 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am SUPERWOMAN And You Are My SUPERMAN by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
"The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway."
"What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family."
"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples."
"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."

Each of these quotations from Mother Teresa merits pondering, rather than speed-reading or a quick scanning. the question remains: With a world population estimated at 7.054 billion how am I, a woman, significant? In modern times women have tried to answer this question with various feminist theories; Girl Power, Gynocentrism, Ecofeminism, etc. Women have not always been allowed to vote, to dress as they like, to speak as they like. It is evident that over the years men have been given more visible roles in the society. This has sparked various feminist movements.read more ...http:///QkwylM
Re: I Am SUPERWOMAN And You Are My SUPERMAN by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
parisienne: "The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway."
"What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family."
"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples."
"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."

Each of these quotations from Mother Teresa merits pondering, rather than speed-reading or a quick scanning. the question remains: With a world population estimated at 7.054 billion how am I, a woman, significant? In modern times women have tried to answer this question with various feminist theories; Girl Power, Gynocentrism, Ecofeminism, etc. Women have not always been allowed to vote, to dress as they like, to speak as they like. It is evident that over the years men have been given more visible roles in the society. This has sparked various feminist movements.read more ...http:///QkwylM
I wish more of today's women are like your mentor but they've all turned out to be the opposite.

Much of the world's problem arise from women. Don't get me wrong, it all started from the days of Adam and Eve and then they want to claim the Glory of a successful man saying they were his backbone. No women will claim the shame of a failed man.

Ponder that too.
Re: I Am SUPERWOMAN And You Are My SUPERMAN by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
" No woman will claim the shame of a failed man." Hnmmm. Thought provoking. But I think its too much of an exageration to say women are the cause of most of the worlds problems.

(1) (Reply)

Walking Out Of Your Marriage, Ladies Will It Be An Option For You? / Don't Take Life For Granted: Sometimes There Is NO SECOND CHANCE / Chinese Director Zhang Yimou Faces Fine Of $1.2M For Breaking One Child Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.