Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,220 members, 7,953,811 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

Don't Take Life For Granted: Sometimes There Is NO SECOND CHANCE - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Take Life For Granted: Sometimes There Is NO SECOND CHANCE (841 Views)

How This Picture Changed My Life For The Best / How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? / Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Take Life For Granted: Sometimes There Is NO SECOND CHANCE by molisk(f): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2013

We have got only one life to live with no promise of tomorrow and no control over what the fate’s decree. Sometimes, there is no second chance or next time, it is either ‘Now’ or ‘NEVER’. An opportunity or chance can never be the same; the next is either better or worse than the first.

Today, I stumbled upon the story of former Melbourne criminal Mark Brandon “Chopper” who spent over two decades of life in prison and was convicted for over a hundred crime charges including being involved in killing 19 people. He later went on to become the bestselling author of several crime novels. Today, at the age 57, he is a free man, a celebrity and wants to relive his life. But life seems to be slipping out of his hands; he is on the way of his last breath. He desperately needs a second chance to prove that he is far better as a person. His life has denied him a second chance; he has been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and he confessed that he was not going to live for more than 3 months.

In 2000, he was portrayed and immortalized in the film “Chopper” by Eric Bana. In 2009, he refused the liver transplant saying, “I’m not going to ask for a liver transplant, it’s not fair,” he said. “I’m 55-years-old; I’m not going to put my name down against some 10-year-old kid.”

Thinking twice on your action is far better than regretting later. Once you are confident about the decision, don’t hesitate or look back.

Source: http://www.successstories.co.in/sometimes-there-is-no-second-chance/
Re: Don't Take Life For Granted: Sometimes There Is NO SECOND CHANCE by Jellitah: 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2013
[size=20pt]AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!![/size]

cool cool cool cool cool cool

Always keep your hands and azzze CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN. . .while you watch a thousand and ten thousand fall beside thee.

THERE IS ALWAY JUSTICE FOR MAN AND THERE IS JUSTICE FROM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

*no death by 'CHICAGO-ghetto-hood RAP-ISTS ati hired assassination' or 'crippling cyber leprosy' on or off NL!!!!*

[size=20pt]AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!![/size]

cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Don't Take Life For Granted: Sometimes There Is NO SECOND CHANCE by meamanda(f): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
At least this man is honest about himself and has handed himself over to lord.
Re: Don't Take Life For Granted: Sometimes There Is NO SECOND CHANCE by alexwrld(m): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2013
Yes, we need to stop taking life for granted embarassed

(1) (Reply)

10 Things I Wish I Had Known Before Becoming A Parent / Marriage Of Convenience / What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.