Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Need Help With Joomla Login - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help With Joomla Login (972 Views)

Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver / Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla / Integrating Interswitch's Webpay With Joomla's Virtuemart(shopping Cart) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With Joomla Login by BigStar1(m): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
Hello everyone, I have a joomla website on which I need to authenticate my users. But whenever a user tries to login with wrong credentials, the site will display red page "Component not Found". I want it to display custom error like Invalid login details instead. Moreso, is there a way to create a login link that changes to logout when the user is logged in. Thanks
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by soloqy: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
Big Star: Hello everyone, I have a joomla website on which I need to authenticate my users. But whenever a user tries to login with wrong credentials, the site will display red page "Component not Found". I want it to display custom error like Invalid login details instead. Moreso, is there a way to create a login link that changes to logout when the user is logged in. Thanks

All that can be achieved by using the normal Joomla user login module that ships with Joomla or check here : http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-access/authentication for third party modules
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by BigStar1(m): 9:51am On Nov 28, 2012
Thanks for your reply. Can you please give me a direct link to a joomla extension that does it. Third party extension are for sale. I am a nigerian. Don't you know it's by default that we like free things? Many thanks
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by PGON(m): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2012
Big Star: Thanks for your reply. Can you please give me a direct link to a joomla extension that does it. Third party extension are for sale. I am a nigerian. Don't you know it's by default that we like free things? Many thanks

Some times compromise quality
anyway i can offer you AJAX login plugin...
If you want some demo... i will post links
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by BigStar1(m): 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
PGON:

Some times compromise quality
anyway i can offer you AJAX login plugin...
If you want some demo... i will post links

Please do.
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by soloqy: 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
Big Star: Thanks for your reply. Can you please give me a direct link to a joomla extension that does it. Third party extension are for sale. I am a nigerian. Don't you know it's by default that we like free things? Many thanks

Not all third party extensions are for sale. It seems you havent invested enough time and effort to search for it. Even at the link I posted, there are numerous free ones there. Or like I said, just use the joomla user/login menu that comes shipped with joomla.
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by mitey(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
You don't need to download anything, the Joomla installation already comes shipped with a login module 'mod_login'. Simply click add new module, and select login to install it on your website.

Failed logins should not lead to 'Component not found' error when using mod_login. However if you still need to modify the error messages, you will need to go into the (PHP) code. If you need help with that, let us know here, and we will help.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers!
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by PGON(m): 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
Big Star:

Please do.

Joomla Ajax Login
Demo link

edited: links removed

login with username = demo
pword = demo
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by BigStar1(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2012
You guys are just too MUAH!
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by BigStar1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
Dear All, I tried all the suggested Options. I still don't have a solution yet. I have attached the screen shots for more help. Thanks
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by BigStar1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
Why are the images not showing on the page? Does it need to be reviewed by the Mod?
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by PGON(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
Said it earlier..

Joomla Ajax Login plugin mentioned above can solve your problem
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by antontech(m): 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
Login at the backen of your joomla,goto extensions.click on modules.Click on new at the top right hand of your screen,select the radio botton of mod_login from the list of modules,click on next.Configure by choosing the name,position,welcome greeting,many others.Click on save,remember to publish.shekinah.
If you need more direction,add me on 2go- etoni
i hope it helps
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by antontech(m): 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
Login at the backen of your joomla,goto extensions.click on modules.Click on new at the top right hand of your screen,select the radio botton of mod_login from the list of modules,click on next.Configure by choosing the name,position,welcome greeting,many others.Click on save,remember to publish.shikina.
If you need more direction,add me on 2go- etoni
i hope it helps
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by BigStar1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2012
Seriously, I don't know what is still wrong with the site. I keep doing same thing you are telling me. But it's still not working. Though I used token to protect my backend, could that be affecting the login. Please visit www.smsparo.com, it is a website for cheap bulk sms. It's the same site i am talking about. My users get red page when they login with invalid credentials. You can also try to login with any jargons and see what I am saying. Also, when a user try to access a private area like http://www.smsparo.com/index.php?option=com_spc&view=Member+-+Compose+SMS& without been previously logged in. It will say component not found.
Re: Need Help With Joomla Login by databoy247(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2012
Try uninstalling the last module or plugin you installed. It may have some bugs that are one way or the other interfering with your DB.

(1) (Reply)

Create A Custom Redirect Page (error 404 Page) / Here Is A Huge List Of 200+ Dofollow And High Page Rank Blogs To Build Backlinks / Whats The Best Foreign Affiliate Program/market/site Available?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.