Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Why Do People Fear The Dead? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Fear The Dead? (1176 Views)

Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / Pictures & Characteristics Of The Dead Sea / Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Fear The Dead? by adahib: 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
Just didn't know where to place this topic.i decided to place it here in the religion section for no reason.
That said,something happened that brought this question to my mind.a friend of mine lost his wife a few weeks ago and suddenly,was afraid of going home.claiming he sees the wife wherever he turns.he is not the only one with this unexplained fear of his dead wife.
for some,when they see their dead parents in their dreams,they wake up screaming,praying,binding or doing some other crap like that.when you think of it,it is just plain weird.i mean these were the same people they spent most of their lives with,people they loved.i just dont get it.is it just me or is there really something to fear in a dead loved one?
Re: Why Do People Fear The Dead? by benodic: 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
The reaction is as a result of the doctrines we grew up with that fills us with so much fear and trepidation about the dead and after life.
Being a member of Eckankar totally eradicated that fear for me as i got to know through experience that soul is eternal and never dies.
It only drops the physical body when it is done with its lessons on earth and move naturally into the next plane.

Those who are connected with bonds of love can easily see their translated loved ones as love transcends death, unless they are afraid.
Re: Why Do People Fear The Dead? by adahib: 10:16am On Nov 28, 2012
personally i can profer no explanation for it.i was of the opinion that something was wrong with me since i was totally indifferent to the dead.no fear,no love,no clear cut feeling.i really dont think so anymore.maybe people fear the dead because they think that(now i'm mega-speculating) the dead is a clear link to death and if the living should associate with them,then they(the living) will join them in death very soon.
Re: Why Do People Fear The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2012
Its simple.....because many have been indoctrinated with dogma's like the immortality of the soul,purgatory etc........

If one actually knows that the dead are conscious of nothing @ all then that individual won't have to worry about the dead.....
Re: Why Do People Fear The Dead? by pastormustwacc: 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
Simple, people dont want to die. So they feel that the dead can kill them.
Re: Why Do People Fear The Dead? by truthislight: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
adahib: Just didn't know where to place this topic.i decided to place it here in the religion section for no reason.
That said,something happened that brought this question to my mind.a friend of mine lost his wife a few weeks ago and suddenly,was afraid of going home.claiming he sees the wife wherever he turns.he is not the only one with this unexplained fear of his dead wife.
for some,when they see their dead parents in their dreams,they wake up screaming,praying,binding or doing some other crap like that.when you think of it,it is just plain weird.i mean these were the same people they spent most of their lives with,people they loved.i just dont get it.is it just me or is there really something to fear in a dead loved one?

"know the truth and the truth will set you free"
Re: Why Do People Fear The Dead? by adahib: 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2012
truthislight:

"know the truth and the truth will set you free"

obviously you have nothing to contribute

(1) (Reply)

Nude Church-nude Worship / Behold My Patron Saint / Guy Narrates His Funny Experience During Visit To Pastor Chris Okotie's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.