Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Pastorpreneurs Or Prosperity Preachers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastorpreneurs Or Prosperity Preachers (811 Views)

Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) / Pastorpreneurs part I. The Church Businessmen Exposed / Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastorpreneurs Or Prosperity Preachers by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
I sometimes wonder why people tag pastors who preach the gospel of Christ in its entirety pastorpreneurs..there is nowhere in the scripture were pastors are called by that word..The devil uses people to attack preachers who preach d simplicity of the gospel thinking they are doing God a whole lot of good..but the truth is that they are attacking not the preacher but the preaching of the gospel..they are mockers of the faith..Lord how long will mockers delight in mockery? He mocks proud mockers but give grace to the humble. One thing i got clearly from scriptures is that prosperity is for all(act10:34). God is not a respecter of persons but a respecter of principles. The Goodnews of peace through Jesus christ is for all who accepts Him as Lord and Personal savior(act10:36). Shalom is an hebrew word which not only means peace but a state of wholeness,completeness,prosperity,nothing missing and nothing broken. God anointed Jesus Christ of nazareth with Holy Ghost and Power who went about doing Good healing all that were oppressed of the devil for God was with Him.(act10:38). Oppression means to remove from someone the power to control their future..just like what we are witnessing in the nation of Africa today where the devil is using leaders in position of authority to oppress people..this ought not to be so..But the good news is Jesus came to preach the gospel to the poor(luk4:16)..poor here does not only refer to people who dont have money as people erroneously assume.It also means poor in health,in spirit,in bondage,in lack and want,in wisdom, etc.Many people think poverty is just lack of money.there are people who are having millions of dollars but are still battling with health and other issues, to me they are poor.Jesus said you say i am rich; i have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. But you do not realise that you are wretched,pitiful,poor,blind and naked.(rev3:17). Prosperity is not having a million dollars no no..prosperity is having the abundance necessary to get the job done.listen to me child of God prosperity is God's provision for you through Christ redemptive package to get the assignment done. Prosperity is for all..if only you will embrace it..life is not measured by income but by impact..for a man's life does not consist of the abundance of things he possess. It is not about how much money u accumulate but how many people you have impacted with the gospel..Money without purpose is worse than poverty.Shalom.
Re: Pastorpreneurs Or Prosperity Preachers by lecturerdabo(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
Was Christ sent to die for man to have prosperity or salvation? If salvation, why then do we have 90% prosperity messages/investment summits and 10% salvation/holiness messages from our altars today?

Some months ago I called a pastor and when I inquired of the ministry, He told me he now rides the latest Altima so to him and the likes, successful ministry is measured by wealth. what do we call such persons SPIRITUAL INVESTMENT MANAGERS?
Re: Pastorpreneurs Or Prosperity Preachers by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
lecturerdabo: Was Christ sent to die for man to have prosperity or salvation? If salvation, why then do we have 90% prosperity messages/investment summits and 10% salvation/holiness messages from our altars today?

Some months ago I called a pastor and when I inquired of the ministry, He told me he now rides the latest Altima so to him and the likes, successful ministry is measured by wealth. what do we call such persons SPIRITUAL INVESTMENT MANAGERS?
That is where people missed the redemptive package of Christ..no one is saying charlatans are not in the body of christ who see godliness as a means of gain..but u shouldn't preach salvation and neglect d other...Lyk i said in my post divine prosperity is not all about money in the bank...I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health even as your soul prospereth(3john2).
Re: Pastorpreneurs Or Prosperity Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 9:46am On Nov 29, 2012
Bidam: I sometimes wonder why people tag pastors who preach the gospel of Christ in its entirety pastorpreneurs..there is nowhere in the scripture were pastors are called by that word..The devil uses people to attack preachers who preach d simplicity of the gospel thinking they are doing God a whole lot of good..but the truth is that they are attacking not the preacher but the preaching of the gospel..they are mockers of the faith..Lord how long will mockers delight in mockery? He mocks proud mockers but give grace to the humble. One thing i got clearly from scriptures is that prosperity is for all(act10:34). God is not a respecter of persons but a respecter of principles. The Goodnews of peace through Jesus christ is for all who accepts Him as Lord and Personal savior(act10:36). Shalom is an hebrew word which not only means peace but a state of wholeness,completeness,prosperity,nothing missing and nothing broken. God anointed Jesus Christ of nazareth with Holy Ghost and Power who went about doing Good healing all that were oppressed of the devil for God was with Him.(act10:38). Oppression means to remove from someone the power to control their future..just like what we are witnessing in the nation of Africa today where the devil is using leaders in position of authority to oppress people..this ought not to be so..But the good news is Jesus came to preach the gospel to the poor(luk4:16)..poor here does not only refer to people who dont have money as people erroneously assume.It also means poor in health,in spirit,in bondage,in lack and want,in wisdom, etc.Many people think poverty is just lack of money.there are people who are having millions of dollars but are still battling with health and other issues, to me they are poor.Jesus said you say i am rich; i have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. But you do not realise that you are wretched,pitiful,poor,blind and naked.(rev3:17). Prosperity is not having a million dollars no no..prosperity is having the abundance necessary to get the job done.listen to me child of God prosperity is God's provision for you through Christ redemptive package to get the assignment done. Prosperity is for all..if only you will embrace it..life is not measured by income but by impact..for a man's life does not consist of the abundance of things he possess. It is not about how much money u accumulate but how many people you have impacted with the gospel..Money without purpose is worse than poverty.Shalom.

Beautiful piece.

1 Like

Re: Pastorpreneurs Or Prosperity Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 9:46am On Nov 29, 2012
Bidam: That is where people missed the redemptive package of Christ..no one is saying charlatans are not in the body of christ who see godliness as a means of gain..but u shouldn't preach salvation and neglect d other...Lyk i said in my post divine prosperity is not all about money in the bank...I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health even as your soul prospereth(3john2).

Excellent response. Salvation is prosperity. A life of Dominion over Satan , Sin ,sickness ,poverty and death etc. wealth is only a part of prosperity. Health is prosperity . Jesus died for all this. We should not emphasize one at the expense of the other. It's a matter of choice. Pover,failure or prosperity.

For the pastor who glory in his car as success, it's a matter of his personal misunderstanding.

Luke 12:15
And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

1 Like

Re: Pastorpreneurs Or Prosperity Preachers by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

Excellent response. Salvation is prosperity. A life of Dominion over Satan , Sin ,sickness ,poverty and death etc. wealth is only a part of prosperity. Health is prosperity . Jesus died for all this. We should not emphasize one at the expense of the other. It's a matter of choice. Pover,failure or prosperity.

For the pastor who glory in his car as success, it's a matter of his personal misunderstanding.

Luke 12:15
And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
Thank u sir! I couldn't have said it better.

(1) (Reply)

The Mirror Principle / Topless Women Celebrate Pope’s Resignation In Paris Cathedral / Tithe Or Charity; Which Guarantees Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.