Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) (2142 Views)

The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by myworkforchrist: 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
They cry out with deceit and make dance like the world

The gullible falls prey easily, led to the abattoir

They believe an heaven on earth before God’s coming

They have no idea this will be their only heaven

Somebody give Jesus a wiper, they scream

Your father in heaven is rich, so you should be rich, they say

The poor in spirit, they heavily mock

They know not that they have lost it

Wake up, you blind

Who told you heavenly race is milk and honey on earth

You accumulate wealth on earth

Not knowing that, that wealth is your talent

And the master will ask you on the final day how you used it

How did you use your talent, the Master will ask

Did you use it to replenish the selfish man on the pulpit

Or do you use it to bring hope to the poor and widows

Thereby leading them to Christ

They quickly forget what Jesus said about the rich man entrance

One likened to the entrance of a camel into the eye of a needle

Do you say Lord Jesus is a liar

Or do you twist the saying as being idiomatic

You can’t serve two masters

Don’t let prosperity preachers deceive you

Study to show thyself approved

For the HolySpirit is the best teacher

I sum up with Matthew 19:16-30

Darling Jesus wants your ALL

Quit philosophical and men’s reasoning

Keep quiet, Pick your cross and Follow Christ

Bible References

Matthew 19:16-30

Matthew 6: 24

2 Timothy 2:15

Hebrew 12:1

Matthew 7:14

Matthew 25:14-30

Note: It is unfortunate that I can't make new topic post because of restriction Nairaland placed on my user ID, so I have resolved to modify previous post to have new ones
For all post, you can visit myworkforchrist.

God bless

N/B: To Mod: Please the writeup falls into religion and poetry. Thanks
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by myworkforchrist: 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
Modified to include another post cos of the restriction
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
Aptly called Pulpit Pimps
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:
Aptly called Pulpit Pimps

It's Pulpit Pimps And Bling Bling Theology.

Gees , I wonder why there is so much fraud associated religion and faith ?

Hhhhmm!

Could it be because it comes from the most primitive, the most irrational and the most selfish parts of the human psyche ?
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

It's Pulpit Pimps And Bling Bling Theology.

Gees , I wonder why there is so much fraud associated religion and faith ?

Hhhhmm!

Could it be because it comes from the most primitive, the most irrational and the most selfish parts of the human psyche ?

Fraud is human because we are intuitively selfish and not a product of religion. As an amateur septic(sic),why would fraud bother you? What is your moral compass? Guesswork?
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:

Fraud is human because we are intuitively selfish and not a product of religion. As an amateur septic(sic),why would fraud bother you? What is your moral compass? Guesswork?

Well, fraud bothers me because when one person is defrauded, I am also defrauded.

As for my moral compass, that's easy.
You see, I continously subdue the primitive aspects of my human psyche, the primordial nature, the irrational, fearful, and ironically, the religious.

Higher reason is my moral compass.
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

Well, fraud bothers me because when one person is defrauded, I am also defrauded.

You see, I continously subdue the primitive aspects of my human psyche, the primordial nature, the irrational, fearful, and ironically, the religious.

lool vooks murdered you with this :

Fraud is human because we are intuitively selfish and not a product of religion

You tried to appear not thrown off while apparently you were , and its very obvious . "Well " which you began your sentence with &..."that's easy" before you stated your moral compass , proved so .

You've always maintained that Christianity was founded on fraud and pastors are fraudulent

wink

2 Likes

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

What determines what to suppress/subdue? What criteria do you employ?
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:

What determines what to suppress/subdue? What criteria do you employ?

Again, that is easy.

Whatever promotes social harmony and social cohesion is always more preferable than what doesn't.
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

Again, that is easy.

Whatever promotes social harmony and social cohesion is always more preferable than what doesn't.

WHY is social cohesion 'always more preferable'?
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton the Amateur septic(sic),

You also need to demonstrate 'higher reasoning'. Take death. Why is it that there is so much death among the religious?

Duh, NUMBERS! It goes without saying that if most are religious then most deaths will be registered among them
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

lool vooks murdered you with this :

Fraud is human because we are intuitively selfish and not a product of religion

You tried to appear not thrown off while apparently you were , and its very obvious . "Well " which you began your sentence with &..."that's easy" before you stated your moral compass , proved so .

You've always maintained that Christianity was founded on fraud and pastors are fraudulent

wink

Your problem, dear young man, is your tendency to half-think. Seriously.

The fact that I mentioned " parts of the human psyche" in my post should have made it obvious, I'm case you didn't know, that a human mind , the human psyche consists of two dynamic and opposite hemispheres.

One is older, from an evolutionary point of view, more primitive, irrational, fearful. This part likes to preserve the status quo. This is also the seat of religion.

The other, more recently evolved ophthalmic region is the seat of reason, that constantly challenges and tries to overide the primitive impulses.

So, your level of humaness is directly corrolated with whichever region of your brain dominates.

Because religion comes from the limbic , more primitive part of the brain, religious people tend to be more irrational, fearful, selfish ,greedy and more fraudulent.

Simple science.
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

The fact that I mentioned " parts of the human psyche" in my post should have made it obvious, I'm case you didn't know, that a human mind , the human psyche consists of two dynamic and opposite hemispheres.

One is older, from an evolutionary point of view, more primitive, irrational, fearful. This part likes to preserve the status quo. This is also the seat of religion.

The other, more recently evolved ophthalmic region is the seat of reason, that constantly challenges and tries to overide the primitive impulses.

So, your level of humaness is directly corrolated with whichever region of your brain dominates.

Because religion comes from the limbic , more primitive part of the brain, religious people tend to be more irrational, fearful, selfish ,greedy and more fraudulent.

Simple science.

Go back to school amateur Septic(sic)
I can't believe you are this dumb
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:
plaetton the Amateur septic(sic),

You also need to demonstrate 'higher reasoning'. Take death. Why is it that there is so much death among the religious?

Duh, NUMBERS! It goes without saying that if most are religious then most deaths will be registered among them

Another half-thinker.

Duuhhhhh!

Religion is not a vocation.
Religion puts itself on high moral pedestals.

Religion pretentiously portrays itself on lofty moral ideals.

Therefore, statistically, religious sheeple are not supposed to register on the moral radar for fraud or any immoral acts.
Duuhhhhh!
undecided

1 Like

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:

Go back to school amateur Septic(sic)
I can't believe you are this dumb

Lol.
Brick wall of reason has slapped you.

1 Like

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

Simple science.

I'm not sure you understood what I posted lipsrsealed
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:

WHY is social cohesion 'always more preferable'?
C'mon.

Do you really need me to educate you on this?

If you do,just say so, and I will do my best to bring light to your mind, and you can thank me later.
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton the Amateur Septic(sic),

Atheists are congenial hypocrites. Here is why;

1. Atheists are not necessarily immoral, in fact some of the best Negroes with the kindest heart I have known are serial staunch atheists

2. Atheism is sort of amoral in that it offers zero basis or rationale for OBJECTIVE morality

True atheists openly admit there is no LOGICAL BASIS for purpose,meaning or morality and they readily adopt a philosophy of MEANINGLESSNESS.

Hypocritical atheists (and they are the bulk) subscribe to morality without any reason. This is where our amateur septic(sic) plaetton falls with his theory of 'higher reason' precipitating aggressive pursuit of 'whatever promotes social harmony' because it is 'more preferable'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
You have zero clue how brain works probably because you can't comprehend how it does
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:

1. Atheists are not necessarily immoral, in fact some of the best Negroes with the kindest heart I have known are serial staunch atheists

2. Atheism is sort of amoral in that it offers zero basis or rationale for OBJECTIVE morality

True atheists openly admit there is no LOGICAL BASIS for purpose,meaning or morality and they readily adopt a philosophy of MEANINGLESSNESS.

Hypocritical atheists (and they are the bulk) subscribe to morality without any reason. This is where our amateur septic(sic) plaetton falls with his theory of 'higher reason' precipitating aggressive pursuit of 'whatever promotes social harmony' because it is 'more preferable'

You.have not made any sense.

Just posturing and pontificating

2 Likes

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

Religion puts itself on high moral pedestals.

Religion pretentiously portrays itself on lofty moral ideals.
Dont flatter yourself

Anyone can be lackadaisical towards his work , that does not automatically translate to the work being boring

Anyone can pose as a pastor , priest to engage in fraud , but does that automatically mean the Religion is about defrauding people ? Clearly Christianity frowns as such vice as fraud . You know this .
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

C'mon.

Do you really need me to educate you on this?

If you do,just say so, and I will do my best to bring light to your mind, and you can thank me later.

Shoot. Make my day.WHY is social cohesion 'more preferable'?
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

You are not the sharpest tool in the shed but you are made in the image of God and am duty bound to love you

WHY is is social cohesion 'more preferable'?

This is the time you throw in a towel or end with a bloodied nose
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by winner01(m): 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

Simple science.
dude, do you think atall.

2 Likes

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by scarred9jan(m): 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

Simple science.

Word! Am not much of a wordsmith but I absolutely get what you are saying.
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by winner01(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:

This is simple truth.

1 Like

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton, WHY is social cohesion 'more preferable'?

You are postponing your whupping cheesy

You can default to evolution and I will hit you harder than ever. I know EVERY possible answer you can give
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton:

Oh really ?

vooks:

hahn:

I believe as atheists we should concern ourselves more with helping the poor, sharing books to schools, running for political posts etc if we really want to see change.

2 Likes

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by scarred9jan(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:

You are not the sharpest tool in the shed but you are made in the image of God and am duty bound to love you

WHY is is social cohesion 'more preferable'?

This is the time you throw in a towel or end with a bloodied nose

Should one be duty bound to love or love based on free will?
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
scarred9jan:

Oh cut the crap . Are you trying to imply religious people love because we are bound to ?
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
plaetton the Septic(sic) slithers away with his tail between his legs.

Repeat; the epitome of hypocrisy is subscribing to morality within an amoral system without any logical basis
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
scarred9jan:

A better question is,what is love? What is the PURPOSE of love?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims Are Not Terrorists And Terrorists Are Not Muslim / Odun Ifa Agbaye (world Ifa Festival) 2017 - Ogbe Ose / If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.