Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities (45321 Views)

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Sharia Laws In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities by nduchucks: 9:26am On Nov 28, 2012
Over the years I have watched my Christian brothers go through pains and sadness because of their belief that they have sinned as a result of breaking one biblical law or the other. To make matters worse, their Pastors tell them how inadequate they are, on a weekly or even daily basis. I therefore decided to research this issue and come up with a blueprint for true happiness for my Christian brothers and sisters.

Here’s what I found:

There are three types of Laws in the Bible:

Civil Laws

These are the laws described in the bible which apply only to the nation of Israel.

Ceremonial Laws

These speak to cleanliness and also include priestly laws as those in Leviticus & ceremonial laws that involve worship.

Moral Laws

The 10 commandments would fall under this category.

My Straight Forward Analysis

As a Christian, you are not bound by Civil laws which were established for the nation of Israel., neither are you bound by the said ceremonial Laws. The Civil Laws and Ceremonial Laws apply to particular dispensations of days long gone, while Moral Laws are timeless, thus murder is wrong yesterday, today, and tomorrow,

Unscrupulous Pastors play on the ignorance of their flock, by making them feel guilty of violating laws which do not apply to them at all. The concept of “an eye for an eye” for example, was contained in Civil Laws which were applicable to the nation of Israel of old but not to Christians of today.

And yes, the concept of tithing is contained in Ceremonial Laws as mentioned in Leviticus and Christians are not bound by those laws. Though tithing is not a moral law and thus not binding, being generous, a concept which requires spending more than 10% on charity is admirable and will generate immense blessings.

Please do not allow 419 pastors to confuse you. You are only bound by the Moral Laws stated in holy books. If you have to wonder in your mind whether a law is valid, then it cannot be a moral law, and it would be safe to say that you are not bound by it.

This, my friends, is the solution to the dilemma of many of my Christian brothers and sisters.

1 Like

Re: The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities by advocate666: 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
Your bible should have made that clear in the first place. It seems however that your god is not well versed in clear concise writing.
Re: The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities by Goshen360(m): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2012
ndu_chucks: Over the years I have watched my Christian brothers go through pains and sadness because of their belief that they have sinned as a result of breaking one biblical law or the other. To make matters worse, their Pastors tell them how inadequate they are, on a weekly or even daily basis. I therefore decided to research this issue and come up with a blueprint for true happiness for my Christian brothers and sisters.

Here’s what I found:

Civil Laws

These are the laws described in the bible which apply only to the nation of Israel.

Ceremonial Laws

These speak to cleanliness and also include priestly laws as those in Leviticus & ceremonial laws that involve worship.

Moral Laws

As a Christian, you are not bound by Civil laws which were established for the nation of Israel., neither are you bound by the said ceremonial Laws. The Civil Laws and Ceremonial Laws apply to particular dispensations of days long gone, while Moral Laws are timeless, thus murder is wrong yesterday, today, and tomorrow,

Unscrupulous Pastors play on the ignorance of their flock, by making them feel guilty of violating laws which do not apply to them at all. The concept of “an eye for an eye” for example, was contained in Civil Laws which were applicable to the nation of Israel of old but not to Christians of today.

And yes, the concept of tithing is contained in Ceremonial Laws as mentioned in Leviticus and Christians are not bound by those laws. Though tithing is not a moral law and thus not binding, being generous, a concept which requires spending more than 10% on charity is admirable and will generate immense blessings.

Please do not allow 419 pastors to confuse you. You are only bound by the Moral Laws stated in holy books. If you have to wonder in your mind whether a law is valid, then it cannot be a moral law, and it would be safe to say that you are not bound by it.

This, my friends, is the solution to the dilemma of many of my Christian brothers and sisters.

First, I quoted everything because I will use some of your point for articles in the future. Great thread.

Second, when some pastor deceive people on this subject of law and Grace, mixing both together is outright heresy and I can say that anywhere, anytime.

Third, on the subject of the Moral Laws which entails the ten commandments. Even that was summed into two: Love your God and Love your neigbour. This is fully developed in the NT while Jesus summed it up in the OLD TESTAMENT, remember Matthew, Mark, Luke and John was still the OLD TESTAMENT but arranged under the New.

You will also remember the sabbath is part of the ten commandment but it is NOT binding on the NT Christians also under the Epistles. In a nutshell, when Jesus said under the Old testament, (Matthew to John's Gospel) that all the laws (ten commandment) is summed into two - Love God; Love your neighbour. It means when you love God and love your neighbour, you will not break the law and obviously you have fulfilled the law.

Paul confirmed the words of Jesus Christ saying, Love is the fulfillment of the law - Romans 13:10. The moral that has the ten commandment is also wiped out because Christians don't observe the sabbath which is also part of the ten commandment. Loving God and loving your neigbbour is fulfilling the law, it does not say what kind of law. It just said, love is the fulfillment of the law, simple. Whether is Moral law, ceremonial or civic law.

My little piece though.

1 Like

Re: The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities by GraceDelica: 12:14am On Oct 07, 2013
Moral laws are still binding. Therefore the Sabbath is still binding. By traditions of men it was trodden upon. See Isaiah 66:22-23, even in the new heavens and new earth God's creatures shall come together to worship on the Sabbath. What has become of the world who teaches that the moral law is abolished on the cross? Chaos everywhere because the world regardeth not the government of God, being the Decalogue as its standard. See, Jesus also spoke in Mat 24 about the events that will take place after His ascension; he pointed that the faithful's flight from Jerusalem may not be on the sabbath.

I also want to clarify the matter about the two greatest commandments. How do you love God? And how do you love your neighbor? They are stated in the Decalogue, first to fourth binding upon love to God, fifth to tenth love to neighbor. Don't ever ever think that Jesus changed the Father's commandments. Mt 22:37-40. See for the answers yourself.

Jesus is coming soon, we have to receive the Sabbath as the seal of the living God, being the mark of His ownership in the final test.

See also Mt 5:17-19. God bless.
Re: The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities by folaski: 11:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
good writeup
Re: The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities by folaski: 11:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
nduchucks:
Over the years I have watched my Christian brothers go through pains and sadness because of their belief that they have sinned as a result of breaking one biblical law or the other. To make matters worse, their Pastors tell them how inadequate they are, on a weekly or even daily basis. I therefore decided to research this issue and come up with a blueprint for true happiness for my Christian brothers and sisters.

Here’s what I found:

Civil Laws

Ceremonial Laws

Moral Laws

good one bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Invitation Of Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / Simput Eagles Dafup Arrested By DSS For Converting Muslim Girl To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.