Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Sharia Laws In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sharia Laws In The Bible (4003 Views)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities / Girl, 11, Could Face Death In Pakistan For 'blasphemy' BY Sharia Laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia Laws In The Bible by tola9ja: 11:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
1 ISLAMIC SHARIA LAW FOR EQUITY IN PUNISHMENT

Surat Al-Mā'idah 5:46

And We ordained for them therein a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and for wounds is legal retribution. But whoever gives [up his right as] charity, it is an expiation for him. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

Exodus 21:25 King James Version (KJV)

23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe

2.ISLAMIC SHARIA LAW ON BLASPHEMY AGAINST GOD
today we have many if not more than half of christian who would say ALLAH is not god so what does the bible and quran say about this?

Surat Al-Mā'idah5:33-34

Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,
Except for those who return [repenting] before you apprehend them. And know that Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

similar message is contain in the bible

Leviticus 24:10-16King James Version (KJV)

10 And the son of an Israelitish woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel: and this son of the Israelitish woman and a man of Israel strove together in the camp;

11 And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the Lord, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dansmiley

12 And they put him in ward, that the mind of the Lord might be shewed them.

13 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

14 Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.

15 And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Whosoever curseth his God shall bear his sin.

16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

3.SHARIA LAW ON INTEREST TAKING AND BRIBERY

Surat 'Āli `Imrān3:130
O you who have believed, do not consume usury, doubled and multiplied, but fear Allah that you may be successful.

Surat Al-Baqarah 2:188
And do not consume one another's wealth unjustly or send it [in bribery] to the rulers in order that [they might aid] you [to] consume a portion of the wealth of the people in sin, while you know [it is unlawful].

Exodus 23:8King James Version (KJV)

8 And thou shalt take no gift: for the bribe blindeth the wise, and perverteth the words of the righteous.

Exodus 22:25English Standard Version (ESV)

25 “If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not exact interest from him

Deuteronomy 23:19King James Version (KJV)

19 Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury:
TO BE CONTINUE
THAT IS SHARIA LAW INSIDE THE BIBLE THESE WHAT SAUDI ARABIA AS BEEN USING FOR PAST DECADE THAT WHY THEY ARE FREE FROM CORRUPTION MAKE THEM THE WORLD NO1 NON CORRUPT COUNTRY IF NIGERIA CAN APPLY THIS LAW I THINK IT WILL BE BETTER THAN THIS
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by PastorKun(m): 8:11am On Aug 09, 2014
What you just succeeded in telling us is that the quoran plagiarised parts of the old testament of the bible which was written at least two thousand years before Islam came about. However with the birth, death and resurrection of Christ believers are no longer subject to the old laws which have been rendered obsolete by Jesus supreme sacrifice. What Islam is trying to do is to throw people back into bondage after Jesus has set us free of the shackles of the law.

4 Likes

Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by JesusisLord85: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2014
tola9ja:
[b]THAT IS SHARIA LAW INSIDE THE BIBLE

Might be the dumbest comment in NL today.
Which came first? Yahweh or Ishmael?

Gerrout of here!
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by malvisguy212: 9:22am On Aug 09, 2014
PastorKun: What you just succeeded in telling us is that the quoran plagiarised parts of the old testament of the bible which was written at least two thousand years before Islam came about. However with the birth, death and resurrection of Christ believers are no longer subject to the old laws which have been rendered obsolete by Jesus supreme sacrifice. What Islam is trying to do is to throw people back into bondage after Jesus has set us free of the shackles of the law.
this guy is so dump, that why I stop replying in is thread, bible that has been in existence long before the quran, the quran copy many word from the bible, he want us to believe the quran? Very funny guy.

Muhammad don't understand what he read, he is like the ethiopian eunuch in the book of acts of the apostle chapter 8 from verse 25[i think].

1 Like

Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2014
PastorKun: What you just succeeded in telling us is that the quoran plagiarised parts of the old testament of the bible which was written at least two thousand years before Islam came about. However with the birth, death and resurrection of Christ believers are no longer subject to the old laws which have been rendered obsolete by Jesus supreme sacrifice. What Islam is trying to do is to throw people back into bondage after Jesus has set us free of the shackles of the law.
I agree with the first part about Mohammad plagiarizing Jewish scripture, which they first plagiarized from the Egyptians.

The second part about it being obsolete is false and unbiblical.
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by Emusan(m): 10:03am On Aug 09, 2014
tola9ja: 1 ISLAMIC SHARIA LAW FOR EQUITY IN PUNISHMENT

2.ISLAMIC SHARIA LAW ON BLASPHEMY AGAINST GOD

3.SHARIA LAW ON INTEREST TAKING AND BRIBERY

TO BE CONTINUE
THAT IS SHARIA LAW INSIDE THE BIBLE THESE WHAT SAUDI ARABIA AS BEEN USING FOR PAST DECADE THAT WHY THEY ARE FREE FROM CORRUPTION MAKE THEM THE WORLD NO1 NON CORRUPT COUNTRY IF NIGERIA CAN APPLY THIS LAW I THINK IT WILL BE BETTER THAN THIS

Thank Allah that you've boldly come out to admit that Qur'an supports a lot of killing even till the day of judgement.

Anytime Muslims find problems within their Holy book the next thing to do is to turn to Christians Holy book the Word of God.

*To justify their own contradictions they went and published "101 contradictions in the Bible" YET THE GULLIBLE PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE BIBLE PROPHESIED THE COMING OF Muhammad

*To justify that Qur'an and Muhammad truly support Jihad of killing innocent souls and Apostate they begin to misinterpreted Jesus' statement when Jesus told His disciples to buy sword.

*To justify a lot of abrogation in the dubious act of Allah through Muhammad they also jump into Bible without having understanding of how Yahweh has planned His work of SALVATION from the beginning.

If their claims are true then it means either of the two books can be trusted but they always fail when comes to Bible.

So as society and current situation in the Muslims' world have posed a lot of REALITY for you to see all the inconsistencies within your book PLEASE it's time to question yourself INSTEAD of comparing Quranic problems with Bible.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by tola9ja: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
John 14:20-27King James Version (KJV)

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter{IN ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT PROPHET MUHAMMED } , which is the Holy Ghost{ERROR IF IT IS THE HOLY GHOST IT SUPPOSE TO BE QUALIFY BY IT NOT HE IT AS BEEN EDITED WAKE UP FROM UR SLUMBER JESUS PROSCRIBE THE COMING OF THE PROPHET }, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you[b]{RELIGION OF PEACE ISLAM[SHALOM SALAM PEACE]}[/b]: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by tola9ja: 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
malvisguy212: this guy is so dump, that why I stop replying in is thread, bible that has been in existence long before the quran, the quran copy many word from the bible, he want us to believe the quran? Very funny guy.

Muhammad don't understand what he read, he is like the ethiopian eunuch in the book of acts of the apostle chapter 8 from verse 25[i think].
Q 2:256THERE SHALL NOT BE COMPULSION IN RELIGION AM TRYING TO ESTABLISH THE FACT PLEASE DOWNLOAD A TRANSLATED QURAN AND GO TRUE IT AL MIGHTY ALLAH WILL SHOW U IS PATH AMIIN
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by malvisguy212: 9:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
tola9ja: Q 2:256THERE SHALL NOT BE COMPULSION IN RELIGION AM TRYING TO ESTABLISH THE FACT PLEASE DOWNLOAD A TRANSLATED QURAN AND GO TRUE IT AL MIGHTY ALLAH WILL SHOW U IS PATH AMIIN
which path? Of all the holy book i'v read, non explain salvation the way God did it in christ jesus, quran talk about good deed, CAN YOU BRIBE GOD WITH YOUR GOOD DEED?
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
As far as I know, the bible commanded this.....

1 Like

Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
Same with the Quran. I think the Muslims are the true chrildren of the Jewish god, the christians are bastards
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by PastorKun(m): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2014
tola9ja:
John 14:20-27King James Version (KJV)

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter{IN ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT PROPHET MUHAMMED } , which is the Holy Ghost{ERROR IF IT IS THE HOLY GHOST IT SUPPOSE TO BE QUALIFY BY IT NOT HE IT AS BEEN EDITED WAKE UP FROM UR SLUMBER JESUS PROSCRIBE THE COMING OF THE PROPHET }, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you[b]{RELIGION OF PEACE ISLAM[SHALOM SALAM PEACE]}[/b]: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I really don't know why NL Muslims enjoy deceiving themselves so much? Which original manuscript are you lying about Can you produce the manuscript? Did Muhammed even tell you he came in Jesus name? If so why we're his methods so vastly different from Jesus and also his message. On the issue of religion of peace, I laugh in Arabic grin
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
ifeness: As far as I know, the bible commanded this.....

That was in the old testament

BEFORE

the coming of christ.

The coming of Jesus christ cancelled all Mosaic laws as regards murder

[b]1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”[/b]

Christianity opens the gateway for repentance
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by winner01(m): 7:48am On Sep 19, 2014
Emusan:

Thank Allah that you've boldly come out to admit that Qur'an supports a lot of killing even till the day of judgement.

Anytime Muslims find problems within their Holy book the next thing to do is to turn to Christians Holy book the Word of God.

*To justify their own contradictions they went and published "101 contradictions in the Bible" YET THE GULLIBLE PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE BIBLE PROPHESIED THE COMING OF Muhammad

*To justify that Qur'an and Muhammad truly support Jihad of killing innocent souls and Apostate they begin to misinterpreted Jesus' statement when Jesus told His disciples to buy sword.

*To justify a lot of abrogation in the dubious act of Allah through Muhammad they also jump into Bible without having understanding of how Yahweh has planned His work of SALVATION from the beginning.

If their claims are true then it means either of the two books can be trusted but they always fail when comes to Bible.

So as society and current situation in the Muslims' world have posed a lot of REALITY for you to see all the inconsistencies within your book PLEASE it's time to question yourself INSTEAD of comparing Quranic problems with Bible.
let them justify this. The list below
consists of some
islamic legal decrees,policies and practices
(sharia
is Allah's will),However, these practices
contradict
these mere verbal assertions and mental
beliefs.
Every one of them comes from the Quran
itself,
followed by chapter and verse.This list is all
about
physical acts and practical policies here on
earth,
not about abstract doctrines. These policies
and
legal decrees can be measured and evaluated
with
our own eyes and sound reason, and how do
they come out? Not very good, to say the
least.
1. The hands of male or female thieves
should be
cut off (5:38). 2. The hands and feet must be
cut
off for fighting and corrupting the land
(5:33). 3.
A highway robber may be crucified (5:33). 4.
An
injured plaintiff may exact legal revenge—
physical
eye for physical eye, literally (5:45). 5.
Anyone
who accuses someone else of intimate sins
must
bring four witnesses; if not, the accuser gets
eighty lashes (24:4). 6. Husbands are a
degree
above their wives in status (2:228); reliable
hadiths say the majority of the inhabitants of
hell
are women only because of their "harshness
and
ingratitude," not for any numerical majority
around the globe. 7. A male gets a double
share of
the inheritance over that of a female (4:11).
8. A
woman’s testimony counts half of a man’s
testimony because she may "forget" (2:282).
Reliable hadiths say this law is based on the
"deficiency of a woman’s mind." 9. A man
may
divorce his wife merely if he says "I divorce
you"
three times (2:229). This verse is baffling
because
it does not say explicitly "three times." But
Islamic
law interprets it in this way. 10. A wife may
remarry her ex-husband if and only if she
marries
another man, they have sex, and then this
second
man divorces her (2:230). 11. Husbands may
hit
their wife or wives (4:34). 12. Mature Muslim
men
may marry and consummate their marriage
with
prepubescent girls (65:4). 13. Slavery is
endorsed:
Muhammad himself traded in slaves and
owned
black slaves; and Muslim men may have sex
with
slave-girls (47:4; 4:24; 23:5-6; 70-29-30).
14. The
Quran endorses the massacre of Jewish men
and
pubescent boys and the enslavement of the
women
and children (33:25-27).
Let them Explain this cruelty and violent acts in a
relígion of peace and love, and explain why
moderate muslims have chosen to neglect
these laws when they know that sharia is
allahs will..and they only choose to practise
the ones they want and leave the rest to
terrorists,,,,
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by tamboza123: 7:09pm On May 21, 2022
If the bulk of the old testament is of no use, why does the Bible carry it all along? You might say ONLY for it to serve as a contrasting reference point between the old and the new testaments. Oh! This bulky but only to serve that purpose! Why not discard the old testament and simply hold only onto the modern part. Put like that, any single gospel ie Luke's or Mathew's or John's gospel can serve Christianity since they speak about one thing only in different versions. After all, it appears the disciples happen to narrate history. Where then is VERY gosple put forward by Christ Himself?
Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by SPTruth: 7:58am On May 22, 2022
tamboza123:
If the bulk of the old testament is of no use, why does the Bible carry it all along? You might say ONLY for it to serve as a contrasting reference point between the old and the new testaments. Oh! This bulky but only to serve that purpose! Why not discard the old testament and simply hold only onto the modern part. Put like that, any single gospel ie Luke's or Mathew's or John's gospel can serve Christianity since they speak about one thing only in different versions. After all, it appears the disciples happen to narrate history. Where then is VERY gosple put forward by Christ Himself?
All these you mentioned are under the old law (Law of Moses). That is why Jesus came to die for our sins. The blasphemer, adulterer etc that ought to die, Jesus has died already for their sins, so now we don't need to kill anyone, Jesus has been killed on their behalf, all they have to repent and ask God for forgiveness in the name of Jesus that died for them. That is why Jesus said, I didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. He has fulfilled all those laws by taking the death penalties for us. The work of the old testament is to make us fully appreciate the saving Grace of Jesus, because we get to see the Law of Moses which we cannot obey because of its stringent demands.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Laws In The Bible by Emusan(m): 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
tamboza123:
If the bulk of the old testament is of no use, why does the Bible carry it all along?

The bulk of Old Testament is useful just that Christians know that it contains a lot of information.

1. The origin of the universe
2. The origin of the fall of man
3. The chosen nation and how God deals with them.
4. The redemption plan of God after the fall
5. The prophetic description of the universal SON who will redeem mankind.

So Christians knows that Old Testament contains some DESCRIPTIVE and NOT PRESCRIPTIVE events/laws when God was dealing with that chosen nation, reason why we have the Old Testament but don't practice what was written inside but ONLY to learn from their mistake so that we won't make the same mistakes that they made.

You might say ONLY for it to serve as a contrasting reference point between the old and the new testaments.

Yes but more than just a reference btw the old and the new but to also reveal why we are in the situation we are today in the world.

Oh! This bulky but only to serve that purpose!

No! It contains: The origin of the universe, origin of man, the fall of man e.t.c

Why not discard the old testament and simply hold only onto the modern part.

We can't because it contains many messages that pertaining to the Messiah who is Christ and what I've said above.

Put like that, any single gospel ie Luke's or Mathew's or John's gospel can serve Christianity since they speak about one thing only in different versions.

It's because of their writings we can't just have New Testament because they supported their writings with Old Testament.

After all, it appears the disciples happen to narrate history.

That is the style of writing among the Jews which is the reason both Old Testament and New Testament have the same written style.

Where then is VERY gosple put forward by Christ Himself?

Jesus didn't write any book.

To say Jesus wrote GOSPEL means you don't know what you're saying because Gospel means "GOOD NEWS" and that's why you will see this TITLE from the writing of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John "The GOSPEL according to Matthew"

(1) (Reply)

What Is "Atheism"? Why You May Be Very Wrong / Imam Ali In His Own Words / E-money: Mr Colling Ezenwa Is Dead (see Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.