Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? (13356 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by drstan(m): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2012
Caracta: To lie down on the floor in fear is far different from bowing down in awe or reverence.
please lecture him(poster) Gst101
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 11:23am On Nov 29, 2012
mekaboy: Most times i hear Christians testifying in church , how they were robbed and the armed robbers asked them to lay down on the floor and they lay down with their eyes closes. They robbed them, took everything but did not kill them.
Praise the lord. grin grin

And the pastor will say brother thank God for your life. I wonder what happened to the part of the Scriptures that said 'no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper'/ What about the story of Elijah when surrounded with soldiers asked God to open the eyes of his servant so that he will see that there are more angels with them than the soldiers surrounding.

Is it that Christians only quote those parts of the bible but don't really believe it?
This op na dullard sha so make dey help am fight abi na y boko and JTF dey waste pple like ona for north
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by paris10: 11:26am On Nov 29, 2012
mekaboy: Most times i hear Christians testifying in church , how they were robbed and the armed robbers asked them to lay down on the floor and they lay down with their eyes closes. They robbed them, took everything but did not kill them.

And the pastor will say brother thank God for your life. I wonder what happened to the part of the Scriptures that said 'no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper'/ What about the story of Elijah when surrounded with soldiers asked God to open the eyes of his servant so that he will see that there are more angels with them than the soldiers surrounding.

Is it that Christians only quote those parts of the bible but don't really believe it?

No my brother, it is because the armed robbers themselves knows the bible more than the victims. Devil cannot bind itself. It is ignorant and unwise to start binding and sending holy ghost fire against a mere physical and mortal criminal. But it is wise to hit them with a base bat or gun them down.

When Jesus was cornered and about to be arrested, one of his disciples took a sword and cut off the ear of the accuser; one begin to wonder why the disciple didn't bind them or rain brimstone upon them. The answer is simple: it won't work! The accusers were mere men with no extra-terrestrial powers. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood..." the bible says. Making a bad decision does not make you less of a man.

And for the twelve disciples, except ofcourse Peter who died a natural death because of Jesus's prophesy over him, the rest were arrested, tortured, skinned alive, some were put in furnace of fire, some skinned alive, one was hanged and one was put in a hot oil. All in all they all died a disastrous death. They were powerful men with supernatural gift, but that didn't save them. There time was come and binding and holy ghost fire couldn't save them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by AceMiss: 11:33am On Nov 29, 2012
Praise the lord.

@OP:you are a bloody retard,if u khave nothing sensible to say why dont you shut the F up. To think that you frigging morons sit and wonder why things are not working right in your miserable lives,why its because YOU ARE ALL MORONS!
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by Psylas(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2012
izenco2005: Stupid ?
stupid!
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by baslone: 11:44am On Nov 29, 2012
okpara ugo:

Oya carry gun go rub Oyedepo or Adeboye. A man's faith carries him in such circumstances.

I know a young pastor who refused obeying kidnappers in Owerri. They wanted carting him away inside his car boot, he refused them shutting the boot. They tried shooting him severally yet no bullet left their guns till they eventually shot his accomplice. Yet the guy they shot left hospital 2days later.

Stop being stupid on this thread.

Na dis kind tori dey make mugus drop cash for private jet

The guy turn Abija. Praise God
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by bblacky(f): 11:47am On Nov 29, 2012
paris10:

No my brother, it is because the armed robbers themselves knows the bible more than the victims. Devil cannot bind itself. It is ignorant and unwise to start binding and sending holy ghost fire against a mere physical and mortal criminal. But it is wise to hit them with a base bat or gun them down.

When Jesus was cornered and about to be arrested, one of his disciples took a sword and cut off the ear of the accuser; one begin to wonder why the disciple didn't bind them or rain brimstone upon them. The answer is simple: it won't work! The accusers were mere men with no extra-terrestrial powers. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood..." the bible says. Making a bad decision does not make you less of a man.

And for the twelve disciples, except ofcourse Peter who died a natural death because of Jesus's prophesy over him, the rest were arrested, tortured, skinned alive, some were put in furnace of fire, some skinned alive, one was hanged and one was put in a hot oil. All in all they all died a disastrous death. They were powerful men with supernatural gift, but that didn't save them. There time was come and binding and holy ghost fire couldn't save them.

End of story
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by ba7man(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2012
Its not only Christians that bow, Muslims, Bhuddists, Taoists, Aethists, Jews, Mormons, Shintoists. Etc...even the deaf and dumb all bow. The "Gun Language" is universal.
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by victorD3: 11:59am On Nov 29, 2012
POSTER IS DAFT

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
k2wise: Seun, you're becoming very disrespectful and insulting to us that take our time to visit Nairaland daily. How on earth would you allow this kind of post on the front Page of NL. Am very disappointed.
Me too.
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by cold(m): 12:05pm On Nov 29, 2012
@op,it still boils down to the same thing. Everybody wan go heaven but nobody wan die. Self preservation is the first law of nature,heaven can wait.
On a side note. It's a good thing Seun is an agnostic-atheist. Otherwise if he was some religious freak from either side of the divide,some of our comments will never see the light of day let alone make frontpage. He might even throw in a permanent ban for good measure
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by vislabraye(m): 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2012
Elijah once ran when Jezibel threatened to kill him. Yet he's the same prophet who called down fire.
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by jamace(m): 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
grin grin grin LWKMD for this thread. grin grin
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by lawizle(m): 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
moderatorr:

Christians who have enough faith dont surrender to armed robbers.
Tb Joshua once collected a pistol from an armed robber robbing close to his church while he was preaching.
It was captured on cam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS9ntWPZMKk
Rev. Father Ede, always ask visiting thieves to help pack loads of blocks for construction workers until they are tired.
Then he will ask them to go back from whence they came with their guns and promise to die if they steal again.

Your level of faith at that point of attack will direct you what to do; to surrender or to command the thief.

I heard a man of God said to a well to be relocated to d back of d house and it did!!!
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by manmustwac(m): 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
I thought they were all covered by the blood ofjesus which is supposed to be some kind of protection against evil.
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by raynold17(m): 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2012
yesterday I apologized for insulting Islam this was d reason I insulted Islam Muslim fools insulting Christianity.. but if you guys want to continue I have no problem insulting back..
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by free2ryhme: 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2012

Wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by zoedicus: 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
advocate666: Christians are loudmouthed holy ghost fire warriors but are actually the worst cowards in reality.
there are many names i'll describe you with. . .but sensible is not among them.
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by Adamo84(m): 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2012
Jazzgreen: This is one of d tinz which dis brain.less muslims will bring up. As if dr ALHAJIS dnt lie down and keep mute during a robbery attack. JESUS taught us nt to be after earthly possessions,so wont it be d most stupid tin to do if u die cos of earthly possession? for what shall it gain a man when he gains the whole world and looses his soul-mark8:36 . Its a shame dat muslims give up thier lives over earthly possessions.we christinan dnt.so roll bak to ur as.s holes and c dat ur d ones who are stu.pid here. For sayin dat de prostate, dat is a very useless language to use dr. De were ordered to lie down durin d operation. Where de ordered to bow down to d thieves? I.diots. BTW, is it nt beta to bow to an armed robber dan to bow to a f.ucking blood suckin allah.
and your Pastors are Busy Gulping all the Wealth of this Earth? SMH
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by dilbert100: 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by tarryT(m): 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
Jazzgreen: This is one of d tinz which dis brain.less muslims will bring up. As if dr ALHAJIS dnt lie down and keep mute during a robbery attack. JESUS taught us nt to be after earthly possessions,so wont it be d most stupid tin to do if u die cos of earthly possession? for what shall it gain a man when he gains the whole world and looses his soul-mark8:36 . Its a shame dat muslims give up thier lives over earthly possessions.we christinan dnt.so roll bak to ur as.s holes and c dat ur d ones who are stu.pid here. For sayin dat de prostate, dat is a very useless language to use dr. De were ordered to lie down durin d operation. Where de ordered to bow down to d thieves? I.diots. BTW, is it nt beta to bow to an armed robber dan to bow to a f.ucking blood suckin allah.
Typical of these fooooolish brainwashed asia imported religions. Why do u christains and muslims take delight is insulting each other? Fooooolish people, may Amadioha, Ifa and Egbesu have mercy on u all....
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by mekaboy(m): 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2012
BRO I AM NOT A MUSLIM, I AM A CHRISTIAN, JUST WONDERING WHY WE DONT STAND ON THE WORD OF GOD WHEN CONFRONTED BY DANGER.

DARKNESS SHOULD BOW TO LIGHT, WE KNOW THAT ALL POWERS IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH COME FROM GOD, IF ARMED ROBBERS CAN USE CHARM TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM BULLETS, I THINK WE ARE BETTER PROTECTED IN CHRIST.

AND THE TRUTH IS THAT THE REASONS CHRISTIANS ARE AFRAID WHEN CONFRONTED BY ARMED ROBBERS IS BECAUSE WE HAVE BECOME TOO MATERIALISTIC, WE HAVE CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD. IS IT NOT BECAUSE OF OUR CARS, HOUSES, CHILDREN, MONEY, JOB ETC THAT WE ARE AFRAID TO DIE?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by GentleNaaz(m): 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2012
advocate666: Christians are loudmouthed holy ghost fire warriors but are actually the worst cowards in reality.
guy holy ghoooossssttt, ffffiiiiirrrrrreeeee....
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by GentleNaaz(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
Seun u hv achieved ur aim. U kept ds @ d front page 4 people 2 mock christainity. God is watchn u
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by mekaboy(m): 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
ujukala: You are tempting God. When He wants to perform a miracle, no one can tell him. Besides, Elijah is a prophet who never died on earth. Read your Bible again.
JESUS SAID THAT THOSE PROPHETS ARE LESS IN THE KINGDOM THAT WE THAT BELIEVE IN HIM, HE SAID THE LIST AMONG US IS GREATER THAN JOHN THE BAPTIST.
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by mekaboy(m): 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2012
dvdon: Eeehm pls Op wat do u expect dem to do? Maybe unbotton their shirt show their bare chest and say shoot 'Odeshi' undecided

I neva new patients in yabaleft now have assess to internet undecided undecided
I EXPECT THEM TO TELL THE ARMED ROBBERS TO LIE DOWN ON THE FLOOR INSTEAD. ELIJAH THE PROPHET COMMANDED THE SOLDIERS THAT CAME AFTER HIM TO BECOME BLIND.

THE TRUTH IS THAT THE WORD OF GOD WORKS IF ONLY YOU CAN BELIEVE IT ENOUGH TO ACT ON IT. THE BIBLE SAYS FAITH WITH OUT WORKS IS DEAD, HOW CAN YOU HAVE FAITH THAT NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU WILL PROSPER AND U LAY ON THE FLOOR BEGGING BECAUSE OF THE WEAPON ?
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
I am really at a loss why this topic made front page. I believe firmly that topics such as this which has the potential to bring about quarrels shouldn't be allowed or at the minimum they should not make front page. I really do not know but it seems some moderators get a kick from seeing people quarrel and insult each other over very trivial matters.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by mekaboy(m): 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2012
honiye:

@Poster
i pray that almighty God in whom you are mocking here will put your faith to test before the end of 2012 if the presence dare devil armed robber.
when someone like one is shot by ordinary pick pockets, people will be sorry for you and be blaming the thieves for killing you probably because of a phone, not knowing its your punishment for mocking God.

Omo ale jati jati!
BROTHER I REJECT IT IN JESUS NAME, I AM NOT MOCKING GOD BECAUSE I KNOW HE IS ALMIGHTY, ITS WE CHRISTIANS I AM TALKING ABOUT. WE CHOOSE WHICH PART OF THE BIBLE TO BELIEVE. WE BELIEVE THAT IF WE LAY HANDS ON THE SICK THEY WILL RECOVER, SO WE LAY HANDS ON THE SICK. WE BELIEVE IF WE GIVE IT SHALL BE GIVEN BACK SO WE GIVE. WHY DON'T WE BELIEVE THAT NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST US SHALL PROSPER?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
Hey Mr Dolt,dont u think it high time u refilled the smelly air in your skull with real human brain?How the hell did u conclude that the Op. is a Muslim?..yeye electronic goat(e-goat).
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by Ess: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2012
mekaboy: BRO I AM NOT A MUSLIM, I AM A CHRISTIAN, JUST WONDERING WHY WE DONT STAND ON THE WORD OF GOD WHEN CONFRONTED BY DANGER.

DARKNESS SHOULD BOW TO LIGHT, WE KNOW THAT ALL POWERS IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH COME FROM GOD, IF ARMED ROBBERS CAN USE CHARM TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM BULLETS, I THINK WE ARE BETTER PROTECTED IN CHRIST.

AND THE TRUTH IS THAT THE REASONS CHRISTIANS ARE AFRAID WHEN CONFRONTED BY ARMED ROBBERS IS BECAUSE WE HAVE BECOME TOO MATERIALISTIC, WE HAVE CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD. IS IT NOT BECAUSE OF OUR CARS, HOUSES, CHILDREN, MONEY, JOB ETC THAT WE ARE AFRAID TO DIE?

Thank God you have made it clear that you are not a muslim. Please leave muslims out of this topic and I hope no muslim will interfere in this or such topics.
Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2012
striktlymi: I am really at a loss why this topic made front page. I believe firmly that topics such as this which has the potential to bring about quarrels shouldn't be allowed or at the minimum they should not make front page. I really do not know but it seems some moderators get a kick from seeing people quarrel and insult each other over very trivial matters.

Topics like this force people to think and question their beliefs. If what you believe in can't withstand skeptical inquiry, maybe you shouldn't be believing in it.

If insults are being thrown, then blame the people who are throwing them not OP who has asked a fair and relevant question.

The only reason someone would get offended when someone questions his beliefs is if that person knows he can't defend them. If you get upset because someone forces you to turn on your brain, or because they point out the gaping holes in your reasoning, then you're the one with the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2012
k2wise: Seun, you're becoming very disrespectful and insulting to us that take our time to visit Nairaland daily. How on earth would you allow this kind of post on the front Page of NL. Am very disappointed.
Would u have complained if it was against Islam or Muslims?Well,u guys should live with it..Like i always,u christains are real cowards when it comes to answering questions posted by Atheist and Co..Instead of being a cry babe in Nairaland,why not give him a reply by quoting one or two bible verses to answer his question?..All u christains and ur Pastorpreneurs know is to quote Bible verses from ur gods that permit you guys to buy Jets and live a dubious life...PASTORPRENEUR!..yeye businessmen..lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Submit Your 2013 Prayer Request To TB Joshua Via Facebook!!! / Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year / If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.