Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year (13361 Views)

"Marry Your Best Friend" - Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe Speaks On His Marital Journey / Flora Kwakpovwe's Birthday: Chris Kwakpovwe Celebrates Wife (Photos) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by AlexReports(m): 7:03am On Jan 16, 2018
Why Kwakpovwe Resolved to Run 50000 Kilometres This Year, Ready for January World Annointing Night

Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe, a pharmacist turned-clergyman who has gained international fame for his best seller, Our Daily Manna, a faith devotional accessed daily by millions of people across the world has started the New Year with a determination to accomplish two principal things. Announcing his resolutions at different times at a recent service at the Manna Prayer Mountain both at Ogudu Ori-Oke and Lekki in Lagos, he promised to be a better father to his children and husband to his wife. Others who are to benefit from his improved outlook include staff of ODM.  Another area of the cleric’s life which he seeks to mend is his physique.

Weighing about 95kg and a little under six-feet, Kwakpovwe told the congregation that he is going to take more time to keep fit. “My target is to run 50000 kilometres this year. Last year, I ran 40000 kilometres. I have set that target for myself, in order to improve on my physical attributes. Many men of God did not make it to 60 years because they give all their time to the spiritual. The truth is that you need to keep your body fit, in order to carry out the various spiritual assignments, otherwise, it will take a toll on your health.” He said that this routine physical exercise will be reinforced with rounds of swimming. “I sit for long hours to write ODM every day. Sometimes, I have pains in my lower back. I swim to get rid of the pain. My target is to swim 10 kilometres this year.”

Having faced several challenges in his ministry in the course of last year, it was looking like the vicissitudes of life were going to take a huge toll on him, but the Man of God is a graduate of the school of hard knocks. He frequently tells his congregation that an established pattern in his life follows a route where a traumatic storm that threatens to blow him to pieces comes ahead of a big break. The often quoted example was at the beginning of his ministry when things where so tough, he woke up one morning and decided to take his life and that was when God gave him the vision of writing a daily devotional.

The intensity with which he delivers the teachings in Our Daily Manna has forced Kwakpovwe into a tasking schedule. Unlike many preachers whose books are extracted from a compilation of their sermons, he continues to write distinct articles on a daily basis. This informs the fresh perspective of the issues discussed in ODM. Although, many ghost-writers have approached him, ostensibly to relieve him of the daunting obligation of writing the daily devotional, Bishop Chris says God has not given him the green light to abdicate that duty. So; he continues to write every day! Apart from ODM, he has written over 70 other titles!

Arguably one of the most prolific writers in the clergy, the sacrosanctity of his themes and the manner he draws from daily occurrences and history that his readers around the world can easily relate to buttress his arguments makes Our Daily Manna everyone’s personal experience. There is a hardly a reader who cannot find a narrative that reflects an aspect of his life. This ability to keep it real without pretense and always presenting himself as a forgiven man who is enjoying the mercy of God, have drawn many to him. He told his congregation who were listening intently, “I am not better than you. That is why I exhort you to depend on God and His awesomeness. I am not the one doing any of these things. All the glory for the diverse testimonies and miracle of healings that you hear and see around me should go to God. God is the miracle worker. God is the healer. I am as surprised as you are at all these things that are happening. I am nobody. There is no sophistication about me. My name is even difficult to pronounce. I come from a very remote village in Urhoboland in the Niger Delta of Nigeria. My village is not even on the map.”

Kwakpovwe is a veteran of facing wicked and wild winds of contrived rumours and riding through the turbulence to unbelievable triumphs. He acknowledges that only God could have helped him overcome. He is a firm believer in the Biblical axiom that a righteous man can rise again from his fall as many times. His expectation, which is, mainly informed by experience of the past gives him the assurance that as long as he places his trust in God, he will emerge from the tribulations stronger and wiser.

Meanwhile, the Manna Prayer Mountain, an interdenominational ministry, alongside users of ODM worldwide, which he heads are on a 21-day fast which will culminate with an all-night session of worship, praise and prayers at the Tafawa Balewa Square in Lagos on Friday, January 26. This year, the theme is ‘Change of Garment Night’.

Looking ahead into the New Year, he issued a message of hope. “With faith in God, every opposition bows to your destiny. However, you must realise that: It takes joy (gladness of heart) to connect with heaven’s divine plan for your life and ministry. Determine that nothing will steal your joy again! Pray very hard. Forgive everyone who hurts you. Read your bible and tell other people about the wonderful love of God. Then surely, every garment that is not meant for you will be torn and you will be decorated with a new garment of promotion and favour.”‎

http://www.alexreports.info/2018/01/spiritual-why-kwakpovwe-resolved-to-run.html?m=0

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by BruncleZuma: 10:58am On Jan 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Run well, meanwhile Op which levels nah? No more Churchill or pageant queens?

The guy below me; nah the only thing I get remain for this Buhari regime be this ooo...

6 Likes

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by Worksunlimited: 10:58am On Jan 16, 2018
Hmm.. The dude above me sef.. In this buhari economy, you dey shine teeth.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by ajimotoke(m): 10:59am On Jan 16, 2018
ok.....noted...am i the first to comment whao..nice one to start 2018..
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by kuntash: 10:59am On Jan 16, 2018
That reminds me, where are those that ran for baba go slow?

7 Likes

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by kuntash: 11:00am On Jan 16, 2018
ajimotoke:
ok.....noted...am i the first to comment whao..nice one to start 2018..

The first to do wetin ?

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by festwiz(m): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2018
Lol

Only a well fed man remembers to exercise and keep fit. A good deal of his congregation probably walk twice that distance in a year struggling to make ends meet.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by Baba419(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2018
Hope he's not running from the truth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by konvat: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2018
okay
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by SalamRushdie: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2018
Cool .. I ran over 4000 kms last year
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by Lankityo: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2018
People can lie
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 16, 2018
AlexReports:

http://www.alexreports.info/2018/01/spiritual-why-kwakpovwe-resolved-to-run.html?m=0

That means he ran an average of 109km daily last year. Thats a fat lie.

I run 25km every saturday and let me tell you thats not an easy run. Talk less of someone running 100km everyday. Is he a robot? angry shocked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 11:04am On Jan 16, 2018
Check my signature and order for your auto parts today.
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by MrMcJay(m): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2018
Apart from various sex scandals, what else is this man known for?

Lagos to Maiduguri is 1579.19
Lagos to London is 5,025km

Yet, this one wants to run a total of 50,000Kms in 2018.

Well, I don't have a problem with his kindergarten aspirations, I only pity those nodding their empty heads while hearing him talk such nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by wink2015(m): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2018
This Bishop had a SEXX SCANDAL trailing his Name during the early part of 2017 involving a woman in his church.

The woman accussed Bishop Kwakpovwe of XXXXXXX

I do not know how true the story was or if it was an act of blackmail as Bishop Kwakpovwe was painting the pictures.

How was he able to CLOSE OUT the issue.

I saw several post here on nairaland where he was accussed of sexxx assault.

Who can give full background or THROW BACK information on how this matter ended.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by IamPatriotic(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2018
Who dey pursue him?
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by mayowascholar(m): 11:13am On Jan 16, 2018
good
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by Jadenmove: 11:13am On Jan 16, 2018
ok
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by evidence2018: 11:13am On Jan 16, 2018
Ride on sir.wishing u more of GOD's grace.GOD has used u 2 impact my life.

4 Likes

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by davodyguy: 11:17am On Jan 16, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Run well, meanwhile Op which levels nah? No more Churchill or pageant queens?

The guy below me; nah the only thing I get remain for this Buhari regime be this ooo...
So you notice alexreporters too.

He posts nothing more than beauty pageantry
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by Authoreety: 11:18am On Jan 16, 2018
E fit do am na thru Christ that strenghtens him
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by BruncleZuma: 11:25am On Jan 16, 2018
davodyguy:
So you notice alexreporters too.

He posts nothing more than beauty pageantry
grin grin grin grin market don dey full... competition don yakpa
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by MrBigiman: 11:30am On Jan 16, 2018
But where is NwAamaikpe?

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by israelmao(m): 11:31am On Jan 16, 2018
Sir,you've been a real blessing to my life.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by ignis: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2018
tk
Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by gordii(m): 11:39am On Jan 16, 2018
Good thing he's mixing things up, he's one of the pastors that relates spiritualily with our day to day lives, in a very realistic manner; maybe because he draws examples and illustrations from real life experiences of people generally (not just Christians); he's also very wide-read. About the distance issue, I think either himself or people mistook 4000km for 40000km, I don't think it's realistic that a man with his busy schedule can achieve that feat (even proffesional ex-marathon runners will struggle with it). I'm sure he'd probably laugh it off himself if confronted with it. But Nigerians gat no chill though, na so so errors we go dey find upandan.

5 Likes

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by Novelman(f): 11:42am On Jan 16, 2018
Send Parcels to any destination in Nigeria and worldwide quickly and easily via SKYNET WORLDWIDE EXPRESS http://www.skynetworldwide.com.ng

Re: Chris Kwakpovwe To Run 50000 Kilometres This Year by Stylz69(m): 11:51am On Jan 16, 2018
We don’t care. Answer to the allegations made against you by the member of your congregation

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! / SCOAN: TB Joshua’s Church Counters BBC Investigation / Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.