Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Law Of Attraction: Does It Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of Attraction: Does It Work? (950 Views)

Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? / This Rubbish Called Law Of Attraction: Debunking It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Law Of Attraction: Does It Work? by Agbenu2(m): 10:23am On Feb 11, 2008
This is the question I have asked myself for sometime. if you're a Christian and have watched Oprah interview the teachers from the movie The Secret, you might have wondered whether you should believe in the law of attration as presented by these so-called teachers or not. I have often asked that question countless times.

What is the law of attraction? Simply put, it states that you create your world as you think about it with emotion. Your thoughts bring about all your experiences: car accidents, divorce, a bad employee, a wonderful experience, just to mention a few. Whatever you are presently experiencing (whether success or failure), you've attracted to yourself. Do you believe that? The teachers would want you to.

If you have watched the movie The Secret, which became a worldwide phenomenon since it was released in 2006, you would have heard bizzare claims by the teachers that would make you feel like a god without the need of a Savior, since all you do in life is to make demands ", on the catalog of the universe" and you get all that you want. The Universe or God is your genie and when you rub that lamp (by asking) he would just do as you wish and give it to you. What a silly and misleading analogy this is. if you do not know what I am talking about, just grap a copy of the Arabian Nights by going to Amazon.com or watch the cartoon about Aladdin, the gravity of thier claim would be clear.

to read more go to http://law-of-attraction-for-christians..com/2008/01/is-law-of-attraction-for-christians.html. post your comments here or there. we can really discuss it thoroughly
Re: The Law Of Attraction: Does It Work? by stimulus(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2008
@Agbenu,

Thank you for inviting a discussion to this topic. A few times it has been mentioned around me, I didn't know what to think of it. You succinct description of what it appertains to is a good start. Perhaps I'd have to read more and possibly watch 'The Secret' movie, then be well prepared to make informed contributions.

Many thanks again.
Re: The Law Of Attraction: Does It Work? by Agbenu2(m): 10:39am On Feb 11, 2008
visit my blog spot @ http://law-of-attraction-for-christians..com/2008/01/is-law-of-attraction-for-christians.html

You can click on some of the ads by google or do a goole search on the phrase, law of attraction. i was able to get the movie for free and i can tell you how you too can or else it would cost you about $32 or so to get it.

Lots of people are crazy about the book and the movie. It has entered Ghana am not sure about our country sha.

please read my blog and lets have a real discussion about it
Re: The Law Of Attraction: Does It Work? by stimulus(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2008
Agbenu2:

lease read my blog and lets have a real discussion about it.

Good one - I'll take time to visit your blog. wink

(1) (Reply)

Contradictions In The Bible / Free Money For Your Church/ Charity / How Did Sin Get Into Heaven ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.