Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) (12555 Views)

Lami Phillips: My Husband Is Still Toasting Me After 18 Years / Pastor Ashimolowo's Son, Tobi's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) / Teju Babyface And Tobi Banjoko`s Pre-wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by lanez(m): 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2012
Queen Oluwatobi Phillips, a 20 years old 400 level marine science student of the University of Lagos, born to a family of three where she sits in the middle with an elder and a younger brother is the 6th and current World Miss University Nigeria. She will be representing Nigeria in the World Miss University holding from November 28th to 11th of December in Seoul Korea.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/884728_Tobi_Phillips_one_jpg3e0aa30ca27dbfc05ba15c99170b8e81

Miss Tobi Phillips or how exactly would you like to be addressed?
Queen Tobi Phillips 6th World Miss University Nigeria, United Nations Student Peace Ambassador to Nigeria.
4 years at university of Lagos,

how has it being?
It's been cool so far

Just how well has going to the University influenced your modeling career?
In a Positive way

You participated in quite a number of pageants in the university, how did you combine them ​with your education? Or are you “Super Human”?
(chuckles).....I'm An Exotic specie in a unique way, though it wasn't easy but I still did find a way around it.

When did modeling start for you?

What’s the major challenge faced by students on campus?
There are many challenges students face on campuses, such as Poor Infrastructure, Cultism, Peer pressure, Poor academic Schedule (strike).....But at the WMUN contest, I chose to talk about Rape.
I remember encouraging a girl to go for “Miss Makama” and she was like me? Miss Makama? ​That’s not fresh.

What motivated you?
Well-wishers did, and as a student of Unilag, Madam Tinubu Hall (MTH) was my proud hall of residence, so then, i took the "Miss MTH 2009" contest as a platform for better grooming. Not only that, I was also my Faculty and Departmental Queen, "Miss Sciences 2010"

Who do you look up to?
I look up to the Almighty God, the Greatest of all Kings.

You just won the WMUN, how does that make you feel?
It makes me feel fulfilled, because I am now the Queen of all Nigerian Universities and I'm getting closer to my aspirations.

How are you dealing with your new social status?
Trying as much as I can

You've been in the system and you’ve witnessed strike caused by various reasons, what do you think should be done to improve the educational sector?
I feel, The Government and the Appropriate Authorities should create workshops on ways to improve our educational standard.

You’ve won a lot of pageants what would you say is your strong point?
God has been my main strong point, my confidence, which Dr Charles Onyema has been able to guide me on.

Since winning WMUN what has changed about Miss Tobi Phillips?
Basically, my exemplary character remains the same, but my social appearance and schedules has changed.

​What’s your definition of success?
Well, success to me is relative, but to be definitive, I’d say success is being able to move head up high, against all odds.

How do you intend on impacting the society as a beauty queen?
Preaching Global Peace and a Cleaner Environment through my pet project

​Have you regretted participating in any pageant and why?
I've Never for once did.

What’s next after WMUN?
Preparing for the international contest which would witness beauty and brains among universities queens all over the World. "25th World Miss University Contest, in South Korea this November"

Korea is known for its new gangnam style dance, have you learnt it?
(laughs)...... I've only been able to learn a few steps so far.

If you weren’t modeling what would you be doing?
May be Acting

​What will you look back on during your undergraduate years and say “I wish I did that”?
Nothing really, because am still in school looking forward to my graduation ceremony.

What’s behind your smile?
God's grace

You’re a role model now what’s your advice for ladies with modeling aspirations?
Do what you can, while you can, as best as you can, because a time will come when you cannot. So, stay focused and be confident with high moral repute.

What’s your personal slogan?
God knows best!

http://www.rapgeek..in/2012/11/tobiphillips.html

And drop a comment and support our very own Nigerian flying our colours in December in seoul, Korea!!!

Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by dilbert100: 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
she is beautiful....
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by nxanadu: 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
second to comment
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by SisiKill1: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
Why do they all come off rather insipid with their answers?

There is such a thing as beauty AND Brains, ya know.

I feel, The Government and the Appropriate Authorities should workshop on ways to improve our educational standard.

Who knew workshop is now a verb. . .you learn something new everyday.

1 Like

Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by Ntrends: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2012
Photographer why is her left hand on that point?
www.nigeriantrends.com

3 Likes

Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by SisiKill1: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
Oh was wondering why they didn't ask her questions about her school and the degree she's seeking then I saw Marine Science and it all made sense too.

Yeah, doubt anyone would know much about Marine Science if they studied it in a Nigerian University.

By the way. . .what kinda job is she gonna get with that degree abi it doesn't really matter seeing as she sef does not seem that interested in it?

2 Likes

Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2012
Go and make us proud, beautifl lady!!!
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Why do they all come off rather insipid with their answers?

There is such a thing as beauty AND Brains, ya know.

Who knew workshop is now a verb. . .you learn something new everyday.
..wrkshop isnt a verb, is either she made a mstak or d interviewer got it wrong...nxt tym b4 u learn, u check ur dic...

1 Like

Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by ajanaku2(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
vivichocs: ..wrkshop isnt a verb, is either she made a mstak or d interviewer got it wrong...nxt tym b4 u learn, u check ur dic...

Workshop could definitely be used as a Verb, but not in the context she made use of it...
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by SELFWORTH: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2012
Lovely girl but weak interview questions.

I would like to know what she will do with that course when she finishes. Why did she choose that course? How that position has opened doors? What has she done with her position?
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by freecocoa(f): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2012
vivichocs: ..wrkshop isnt a verb, is either she made a mstak or d interviewer got it wrong...nxt tym b4 u learn, u check ur dic...
You just made a fool of yourself by not being able to detect simple sarcasm tongue.

4 Likes

Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
freecocoa: You just made a fool of yourself by not being able to detect simple sarcasm tongue.
ma dear, check ur dictnary,lets kno hu d fool actually is.. dont hv tym 4 u
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by Ocutegan(m): 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
All this beauty queens sef. And I wonder why I had never come across or heard of her in Unilag Faculty of Sci. Well nowadays Nigerian girls look the same with the same cheap toning cream and make up they apply
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2012
ajanaku2:

Workshop could definitely be used as a Verb, but not in the context she made use of it...
d last tym i checkd, workshop can only b used as a noun....dats by way, take woteva u want to take
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by DMainMan: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
dilbert100: she is beautiful....

if this girl is beautiful, dem my wife to be (fiancee) is the most beautiful girl in the world. who dash monkey banana
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by freecocoa(f): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
vivichocs: ma dear, check ur dictnary,lets kno hu d fool actually is.. dont hv tym 4 u
You still don't get it.
This one o slow very well gan cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
freecocoa: You still don't get it.
it wsnt a sarcasm, she tot she learnt sumtn new,,so i wonda hu's nt gettn it here undecided
it wsnt a sarcasm, she tot she learnt sumtn new,,so i wonda hu's nt gettn it here
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by agb2011(f): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2012
Ocutegan: All this beauty queens sef. And I wonder why I had never come across or heard of her in Unilag Faculty of Sci. Well nowadays Nigerian girls look the same with the same cheap toning cream and make up they apply
i knw her very well. She won Miss MTH in yr one; Miss Science in yr two; she went 4 Sisi Oge but she was d 1st runner up. Wat baffles me is dt she's my set and we'r supposd to graduate 2gether dis yr (2011/2012 session). So by nxt yr she shud nt b in d uni but she shud b serving.
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by SisiKill1: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2012

Rotflmao!! You have time oooh!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by StateOfMind: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
vivichocs: it wsnt a sarcasm, she tot she learnt sumtn new,,so i wonda hu's nt gettn it here undecided it wsnt a sarcasm, she tot she learnt sumtn new,,so i wonda hu's nt gettn it here

Poor vivichocs..she still doesn't get it. Lol

@topic, I find the interview extremely boring.

3 Likes

Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by freecocoa(f): 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2012
vivichocs: it wsnt a sarcasm, she tot she learnt sumtn new,,so i wonda hu's nt gettn it here undecided
Eiyah pele, hopefully you'll learn someday.cheesy
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by freecocoa(f): 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Rotflmao!! You have time oooh!!! cheesy cheesy
Make I use her pass time na as I no get work today. cheesy cheesy
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by dominique(f): 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
freecocoa: Eiyah pele, hopefully you'll learn someday.cheesy

Lmao @ Newbies coming to form oversabi. Either you learn the hard way or the easy way @vivichoks grin. Welcome to nl cheesy
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2012
Ooooh i get it nw, i ws readn wif ma innocnt mind.. cryOoooh i get it nw, i ws readn wif ma innocnt mind..
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by lanez(m): 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2012
My typo, corrected now tho!
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by lanez(m): 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2012
vivichocs: d last tym i checkd, workshop can only b used as a noun....dats by way, take woteva u want to take

It was an error wit me typing, coorected now tho!!!
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by lanez(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2012
StateOfMind:

Poor vivichocs..she still doesn't get it. Lol

@topic, I find the interview extremely boring.
#Noted
Re: Interview With Tobi Phillips (World Miss University Nigeria 2012) by kunlefox(m): 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
vivichocs: ma dear, check ur dictnary,lets kno hu d fool actually is.. dont hv tym 4 u

Oh God! I can't believe someone can be this stupid and actually defend her stupidity. Just STFU and learn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Psquare Attacked And Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos (3rd Mainland) / Spotted: Eucharia Anunobi At The City People Entertainment Awards / Popular Actress, Bukky Wright In 5 Men Marriage Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.