Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Canada Upset At UN Vote On Palestine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canada Upset At UN Vote On Palestine (943 Views)

Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote / Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Israel Launches Another Air Strike On Palestine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Upset At UN Vote On Palestine by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 30, 2012
OTTAWA - Prime Minister Stephen Harper is considering his options after the United Nations voted Thursday to promote the Palestinian Authority to a non-member, non-voting observer state despite Canada's objections.

Harper has said there would be "consequences" if the resolution passed at the UN general assembly, which it did 138-9 with 41 abstentions.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/29/canada-upset-at-un-vote-on-palestine

I think this solely based decision to go to UN for statehood by Abbas without having a peaceful negotiation with Isreal is not the right way to go about having peace in that region.
Re: Canada Upset At UN Vote On Palestine by seanet01: 2:28am On Nov 30, 2012
all4naija: OTTAWA - Prime Minister Stephen Harper is considering his options after the United Nations voted Thursday to promote the Palestinian Authority to a non-member, non-voting observer state despite Canada's objections.

Harper has said there would be "consequences" if the resolution passed at the UN general assembly, which it did 138-9 with 41 abstentions.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/29/canada-upset-at-un-vote-on-palestine

I think this solely based decision to go to UN for statehood by Abbas without having a peaceful negotiation with Isreal is not the right way to go about having peace in that region.
Na Thunder go strike Harper. So he want this people to remain in perpetual slavery while Israel continues with the settlements? Na hypocrisy go kill this western people.
Anyway israel, we will meet in the International Criminal court and The International Court of Justice anytime soon. You will start feeling the real heat soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Upset At UN Vote On Palestine by Nobody: 2:43am On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Canada Upset At UN Vote On Palestine by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 30, 2012
seanet01: Na Thunder go strike Harper. So he want this people to remain in perpetual slavery while Israel continues with the settlements? Na hypocrisy go kill this western people.
Anyway israel, we will meet in the International Criminal court and The International Court of Justice anytime soon. You will start feeling the real heat soon.
Wow! I support Harper's view. At least, there is need to first address the real problem before going about sole recognition of the state of Palestinians. Finding peace should be addressed based on agreement to live side by side. Not this move by Abbas to cause more troubles. I hope the UN will see beyond just being occupied and concentrate on finding lasting solution.
Re: Canada Upset At UN Vote On Palestine by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 30, 2012
Cry me a river Harper. grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Upset At UN Vote On Palestine by Parnassuss(m): 11:40am On Mar 18, 2013
Well, I am now better informed

(1) (Reply)

Russia Claims Chemical Weapons Were Used By Rebels And Not Syrian Government / Syria Conflict: Russia Air Strikes 'killed 200 Civilians' / Two US Soldiers Killed, Two Wounded In Afghan Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.