Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

How To Send A Cv - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Send A Cv (5993 Views)

Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? / Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Send A Cv by losen(f): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2008
Hey all, need some advise here. When sending a CV to a company's email, is it necessary to include a cover letter or do you just attach CV and mail?

Many thanks.
Re: How To Send A Cv by nkywed(f): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2008
u only send cover letter when asked to summit cv with cover letter, but if it is only ur cv then summit only cv or when ask to submit application then u do so. it all depends on what they want. hope its clear.
Re: How To Send A Cv by iyke199(m): 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2008
please while submitting cv and cover (dats when the ask for both). Do we attached cv and cover letter as attached files or cover letter as an email and only cv as an attached file. pls let me hear from u.
Re: How To Send A Cv by Jezgirl(f): 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ IYKE, when ask 2 submit CV n Cover letter, u attach both of them as an email attachments. But u can jus write a 2 line sentence in your email letting d employer knw exactly wot u sendin. Hope that helps.

@ POSTER, like nkywed sed, it depends, n again it totally depends on d company u applyin 2. Say 4 example, u applyin for an internship/placement within a company, even if d company ask for only CV, it wil luk more beta if u attach a cover letter wit your attached CV statin d reason 4 your application, by doin that, dey wil b able 2 knw that u use your initiative without bein told.
Although dey didn't ask 4 your cover letter but that won't disqualify u from d position u applyin 4.

FOR A GUD JOB APPLICATION, DER SHLD BE ALWAYS A COVER LETTER TO BACK UP UR RESUME/CV.
Re: How To Send A Cv by losen(f): 8:17am On Feb 13, 2008
Many thanks for this guys, I understand better now.
Re: How To Send A Cv by nkywed(f): 10:27am On Feb 13, 2008
how is cover up letter written, pls samples will be appreciated.
Re: How To Send A Cv by Jezgirl(f): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ nkywed, below is a sample of a typical cover letter employers seek.

[b]Date
Maxwell Jones
Ganco Engineering
4567 Main Street
Yokomo, IL 99999

Dear Mr. Jones:

Recently, I completed a cooperative experience with an engineering firm in Northern California where I was given the responsibility of managing a small project.  I am looking for the opportunity to perform in this capacity for Ganco Engineering.  I believe my background and experience will help me be an asset to your company in a very short time.

I have conducted survey and mapping assignments, participated in soil mechanics and foundation formation, and performed preliminary structural analysis and design for a grocery store.  I was given the responsibility of producing a general lay-out for a new transportation system.  I first surveyed the area, produced a traffic analysis and survey, researched city rules and regulations for compliance, and wrote a twenty-five page report depicting the feasibility of building a new freeway off-ramp. My mathematical skills are excellent and I am very conscientious about meeting deadlines and completing tasks unsupervised.  If given the opportunity to accomplish an assignment, I can develop a plan that will meet the needs of the project.

I am very interested in becoming a part of this project after reading your company brochure and an article in the Civil Engineering Journal about your company’s involvement in building a new mall in the area.  I can be reached at the address and phone number below.  I’ll be calling your office within ten days to inquire on the status of my application.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Marilyn Appleton
12300 Hilltop Drive
Mantana, CA 99444
(919) 345-5566[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Ptdf Scholarship 2008/09 Results Are Out / PG Limited Interview Invite / INTERSOS Nigeria Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.