Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' (736 Views)

/ Belief In The Jinn Part 2 / Belief In The Jinn Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by baseg25(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
why is it dat muslim dnt belief dat 'HELL IS REAL' because i was surprise when christian preaches about heaven or heal and ave neva had any muslim preaching abt dat... To my surprise country like NIGERIA and other country only accept xtianity and islamic as d only religion belief in d world with d aim of believing dat both religion serve d same GOD....XTIAN BELIEF HELL EXIST BUT MUSLIM DNT BELIEVE AND THEY SERVE THE SAME GOD...So if xtian and muslim do serve d same GOD WHY IS D DIFFERENCES?..
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
baseg25: why is it dat muslim dnt belief dat 'HELL IS REAL' because i was surprise when christian preaches about heaven or heal and ave neva had any muslim preaching abt dat... To my surprise country like NIGERIA and other country only accept xtianity and islamic as d only religion belief in d world with d aim of believing dat both religion serve d same GOD....XTIAN BELIEF HELL EXIST BUT MUSLIM DNT BELIEVE AND THEY SERVE THE SAME GOD...So if xtian and muslim do serve d same GOD WHY IS D DIFFERENCES?..

Hi I couldn't resist but pardon me for these questions:
1) Are you sure that MosLems do not believe in hell? Cause if this is true then I wonder where THEY believe the "infidels" go to when they die. I guess u should research about this if you are interested in pursuing this topic.

2) Don't you think everyone has a right to his or her own beliefs? Some believe in hell others do not.
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by AtheistD(m): 6:20am On Dec 04, 2012
He is curious as to why there is a difference in beliefs even though both worship the same God. To easily summarise... they are different religions and hence different set of beliefs.

I would like a muslim to confirm if hell part of their beliefs or not.

Also I came across a discussion with a muslim friend who informed me that they believe inJesus being the messiah. If this is true then that is interesting.
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by Dazl(f): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2012
op...u nid to research well
they belive in hell as where the infidels go to as well as muslims who do more wrong than good
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by baseg25(m): 7:26am On Dec 04, 2012
with my little research on ds wonderful topic just 30 percent of muslim believes in 'hell'
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 04, 2012
baseg25: with my little research on ds wonderful topic just 30 percent of muslim believes in 'hell'

I don't think your "little research" is objective enough conclude that 30 percent of them believe in hell. The question would be: 1) What was your population size? 2) Who were your respondents?

Anyways to know what moslems believe in especially when it has to do with the teachings of hell, I would suggest you get the info from an official source in order to know exactly what is the stance of Islam regarding hell.
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2012
Atheist:-D:
He is curious as to why there is a difference in beliefs even though both worship the same God. To easily summarise... they are different religions and hence different set of beliefs.

I would like a muslim to confirm if hell part of their beliefs or not.

Also I came across a discussion with a muslim friend who informed me that they believe inJesus being the messiah. If this is true then that is interesting.

Hi,
I don't think worshipping the same God necessarily imply that we believe in the same things. For instance, your room nick suggests that you are an atheist; I don't think atheist all believe in d same thing even if the common denominator is that "God does not exist". As long as we continue to be humans there must be some things we do not agree on.
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by AtheistD(m): 8:37am On Dec 04, 2012
striktlymi:

Hi,
I don't think worshipping the same God necessarily imply that we believe in the same things. For instance, your room nick suggests that you are an atheist; I don't think atheist all believe in d same thing even if the common denominator is that "God does not exist". As long as we continue to be humans there must be some things we do not agree on.

I stated that as you are different religions you have different beliefs. Also, pls let me know about uour beliefs in hell and Jesus as the messiah.
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 04, 2012
Atheist:-D:

I stated that as you are different religions you have different beliefs. Also, pls let me know about uour beliefs in hell and Jesus as the messiah.

I believe in hell and I believe in Jesus.

What's your belief?
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by baseg25(m): 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
hm,for me as a xtian 'hell is real'
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by tintingz(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
op are you from another planet?. . .there are like
500 verses in the Quran that
speak of Hell
for example

Quran (56:92-94) - But if he is of the rejecters, the erring, then the
welcome will be boiling water
and roasting at hell-fire

Quran (4:56) - Those who
disbelieve Our revelations, We
shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange
them for fresh skins that they
may taste the torment Lo! Allah
is ever Mighty, Wise

Quran (22:19-21) - But as for
those who disbelieve, garments
of fire will be cut out for them;
boiling fluid will be poured down
on their heads; Whereby that
which is in their bellies, and their
skins too, will be melted; And for
them are hooked rods of iron

So many verses in the Quran. . .the op should read the Quran to understand Islam, it is the Jehovah withness that doesn't believe in hell among christianity sect. . .by the way i dont see pastors preaching bout hell in churches, only to buy jets, talk bout prosperity wealth, miracles, to collect money and to slap witches... grin next time do research, we have google...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by zayhal(f): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
What inexcusable ignorance! What will I not encounter on Nairaland? SMH
Re: Why Is Dat Muslim Dont Belief In 'hell' by BetaThings: 4:44am On Dec 05, 2012
^^^^^^
Why do you waste your time answering people who have nothing to do but ask meaningless questions. Why would a muslim pray 5 times daily if there is no punishment for not doing so

Before responding to some people. just check their previous posts and what they say. Eg He did little research.
We know that there are over 1b muslims world wide in about 200 countries and territories. A Nigerian who has not spoken one-on-one with up to 3,000 people in his lifetime has now surveyed enough muslims to be able to arrive at 30% not believing in hell!

(1) (Reply)

Business Ethics In Islam / Tv Channel Fined In UK For Airing Islamic Lecture / Happy Sallah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.