Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Custom Auctioned Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Custom Auctioned Vehicle (1992 Views)

Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria / Accident Involving FRSC Vehicle And An Edegbe Bus On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Custom Auctioned Vehicle by camaro(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
i came across some cheap vehicles online and there dealers are in nigeria.the cars and there prices are as follows 2010 camry for 600,000, 2010 honda pilot 800,00 and so on. according to the ones i spoke with, they said that the vehicles were impounded by customs and are to be auctioned. so i just want to be sure that im not entering the hands of the vampires. do anyone have any idea.
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by 9icetoo(m): 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
What site? what is the name of the website or link?

1 Like

Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by femmy2010(m): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
It is 100% a scam job.
Beware.
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by camaro(m): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
9icetoo: What site? what is the name of the website or link?
send me your mail address
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by femmy2010(m): 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
camaro:

why not post the link on here for all to see?
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by aieromon(m): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2012
camaro:

You came here to seek for advice and you decide to withhold information relating to the website.

What more can I say other than goodluck?
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2012
camaro:

Asking for an email address, to post a link that others may well be interested in, gives me cause for concern.

Why not post it here?
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by blueblood1(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
this dude is a fraud himself.

my 2 pence
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
I saw it too, nigeriacarfinder just add the appropriate web protocols and you will find them.saw an acura zdx going for 600k shocked shocked shocked
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by femmy2010(m): 11:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
Beware of awuf.
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by symbianDON(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
o boy!!! I saw the prices quoted for cars on that site. If those cars aren't stolen then that site must be the no. 1 scam site in the world. Did anyone notice the email addresses of the 'supposed' sellers? Reeks of mischief and evil!!!
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
symbianDON: o boy!!! I saw the prices quoted for cars on that site. If those cars aren't stolen then that site must be the no. 1 scam site in the world. Did anyone notice the email addresses of the 'supposed' sellers? Reeks of mischief and evil!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by Connoisseur(m): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2012
Fraud in capital letters.
In as much as the Customs auctions goods, they are never advertised. One of the top men usually pays for the whole bulk and goes on to resell @ a price relatively closer to the market price.
I ve actually talked to these guys nd i cant understand how someone will be willing to deliver a car to you wherever you stay without pay, (you pay when you see the car) but insists on you paying 50k delivery fee upfront even after a promise of double the amount (delivery) together with the cost of the car when it is delivered.
nice format they ve got but all na still SCAM
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by triaophant: 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
My friend those guys are criminals, just run from them. They mostly claim to be in Kaduna or such areas. I had an experince in June this year. I saw an advert of a Nigerian used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder for N800,000.00 and got interested and curious. When I called the seller, he claimed to be in Kaduna. I told him that I was in South South and he claimed that he has been delivering cars to individuals from that part. He requested for N50,000 to enable him bring down the vehicle, but I refused promising that I will pay on delivery with the cost of the vehicle if I am satisfied. He request for fuel money of N7,000 which I paid through a bank. He confirmed it and promised that the vehicle will arrive the following day. I was in contact with him and his alleged driver. I waited till 7pm without any news and called the so called driver who told me that he was at Lagos that his Oga gave him some items to deliver to his family. When I called the seller he confirmed the story and promised that the vehicle will arrive the next day. The next day when I called the driver in the afternoon, he claimed that he was arrested by the Road Safety at Warri and that they were demanding N50,000 otherwise they will impound the vehicle. When I asked him the offence, he said because he was driving with foreign number. I just asked him why a Nigerian used vehicle should drive with foreign number but got no good reply from him. When I called the Oga, he urged me to pay since the value of the car was far more than that. But I reminded him that legally the vehicle was his until I pay for it. That was when I told him that they were criminals.
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by femmy2010(m): 6:05am On Dec 11, 2012
triaophant: My friend those guys are criminals, just run from them. They mostly claim to be in Kaduna or such areas. I had an experince in June this year. I saw an advert of a Nigerian used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder for N800,000.00 and got interested and curious. When I called the seller, he claimed to be in Kaduna. I told him that I was in South South and he claimed that he has been delivering cars to individuals from that part. He requested for N50,000 to enable him bring down the vehicle, but I refused promising that I will pay on delivery with the cost of the vehicle if I am satisfied. He request for fuel money of N7,000 which I paid through a bank. He confirmed it and promised that the vehicle will arrive the following day. I was in contact with him and his alleged driver. I waited till 7pm without any news and called the so called driver who told me that he was at Lagos that his Oga gave him some items to deliver to his family. When I called the seller he confirmed the story and promised that the vehicle will arrive the next day. The next day when I called the driver in the afternoon, he claimed that he was arrested by the Road Safety at Warri and that they were demanding N50,000 otherwise they will impound the vehicle. When I asked him the offence, he said because he was driving with foreign number. I just asked him why a Nigerian used vehicle should drive with foreign number but got no good reply from him. When I called the Oga, he urged me to pay since the value of the car was far more than that. But I reminded him that legally the vehicle was his until I pay for it. That was when I told him that they were criminals.

I almost thought those cheap scam don't work.
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by camaro(m): 7:18am On Dec 11, 2012
blue_blood: this dude is a fraud himself.

my 2 pence
if you say so, so be it. just say the reply now. and i had already taken my own advice.
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by camaro(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2012
triaophant: My friend those guys are criminals, just run from them. They mostly claim to be in Kaduna or such areas. I had an experince in June this year. I saw an advert of a Nigerian used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder for N800,000.00 and got interested and curious. When I called the seller, he claimed to be in Kaduna. I told him that I was in South South and he claimed that he has been delivering cars to individuals from that part. He requested for N50,000 to enable him bring down the vehicle, but I refused promising that I will pay on delivery with the cost of the vehicle if I am satisfied. He request for fuel money of N7,000 which I paid through a bank. He confirmed it and promised that the vehicle will arrive the following day. I was in contact with him and his alleged driver. I waited till 7pm without any news and called the so called driver who told me that he was at Lagos that his Oga gave him some items to deliver to his family. When I called the seller he confirmed the story and promised that the vehicle will arrive the next day. The next day when I called the driver in the afternoon, he claimed that he was arrested by the Road Safety at Warri and that they were demanding N50,000 otherwise they will impound the vehicle. When I asked him the offence, he said because he was driving with foreign number. I just asked him why a Nigerian used vehicle should drive with foreign number but got no good reply from him. When I called the Oga, he urged me to pay since the value of the car was far more than that. But I reminded him that legally the vehicle was his until I pay for it. That was when I told him that they were criminals.

my brother, that was exactly what happen. i dont want to upload the link here so that very intelligent and smart NL dont enter any wahala. that was why i ended the whole thing there. i have my money and i didnt loose anything except for the calls i made.
cheers
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by camaro(m): 7:24am On Dec 11, 2012

my brother, that was exactly what happen. i dont want to upload the link here so that very intelligent and smart NL dont enter any wahala. that was why i ended the whole thing there. i have my money and i didnt loose anything except for the calls i made.
cheers
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by aieromon(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2012
camaro:

cheers

What wahala? Anyways,keep the information to yourself.
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by BizBooks(m): 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
Posting the link to the scam site while tempting is not a good idea because:

1. That will be giving them free publicity
2. Some gullible fellow will visit the site after reading this and still fall victim
3. They do not operate on one site alone. They are all over the internet.

The most important thing is to spread the word just as the poster has done.
Re: Custom Auctioned Vehicle by camaro(m): 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
@ bizbook thank you for explaining my intentions, I won't blame animals amongs us that ran into conclusion by also calling me one of them. Im just a good fellow okay.

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Bought Nigeria Custom's Autioned Cars? / Have A Look At 30 Most Bizarre Car Accidents / My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.