Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption (2025 Views)

My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please my Lexus ES330 recently has a strong smell coming out from the exhaust.

The check engine light is also on.

Fuel economy also reduced.

Any Help on this and

Also want to change by rear structs, Any advice on a. good professional who can do this perfectly for me.

Thanks
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by homeboy205: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2021
incogni2o:
Hello Everyone,

Any Help on this and

Also want to change by rear structs, Any advice on a. good professional who can do this perfectly for me.

Thanks

What kinda smell?? Rotten egg smell means your catalyst is very bad including increase in fuel consumption.

Try scanning first

Guess car is lazy already..

Id advise not to drive until you get this sorted out
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2021
homeboy205:

What kinda smell?? Rotten egg smell means your catalyst is very bad including increase in fuel consumption.

Try scanning first

Guess car is lazy already..

Id advise not to drive until you get this sorted out

Not rotten egg.

Kind of choking smell.

Please. recommend who can help sort it out

What does this mean BTW Guess car is lazy already.. The car drives fine

I have scanned the car and what I get is related to exhaust circuit, see below

1. P0446: Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit
2. P0442: Evaporative Emmision System Leak Detected (small leak)
3. P0456: Evaporative Emmision System Leak Detected (very small leak)
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by Dozieson(m): 10:59am On Oct 24, 2021
incogni2o:

Not rotten egg.

Kind of choking smell.

I think these code are related to catalyst

1 Like

Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 11:05am On Oct 24, 2021
Dozieson:

I think these code are related to catalyst

So what do I do?

Any estimates on the fix.

Any alternative quick fix?
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by Dozieson(m): 11:52am On Oct 24, 2021
incogni2o:

So what do I do?

Any estimates on the fix.

Any alternative quick fix?

There is a way gazzuzz fixes these codes with O2 spacer.

But I would advise you type these codes on nairaland search, you will find the answers because they are common codes here
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 11:59am On Oct 24, 2021
Dozieson:

There is a way gazzuzz fixes these codes with O2 spacer.

But I would advise you type these codes on nairaland search, you will find the answers because they are common codes here

Hello Mr gazzuz

Please can you help me here
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by Dozieson(m): 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
incogni2o:

Hello Mr gazzuz

Search his profile to get his contract
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
Dozieson:

Search his profile to get his contract

Thanks
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
incogni2o:

Hello Mr gazzuz

I'll advice you do nothing , looks like evap system dumping fuel into intake.

You need to visit a workshop

1 Like

Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by chukel(m): 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
incogni2o:

Not rotten egg.

Kind of choking smell.

mechanics must have fiddled with the small tubular evap hoses in the engine bay. They must have incorrectly connected them or not connected at all.

1 Like

Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by kingreign(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
incogni2o:
Hello Everyone,

Any Help on this and

Thanks

incogni2o:

Not rotten egg.

Kind of choking smell.

Evap codes... Did you at anytime open the fuel pump or open the engine intake manifold?
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
kingreign:

Evap codes... Did you at anytime open the fuel pump or open the engine intake manifold?

I am not sure if the front exhaust is same as the engine intake manifold.

But I have once changed the front exhaust that meets the manifold
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
chukel:
mechanics must have fiddled with the small tubular evap hoses in the engine bay. They must have incorrectly connected them or not connected at all.

How do I confirm if thats the case
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by Inception(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
incogni2o:

Not rotten egg.

Kind of choking smell.

Do you have issues refueling your car(I.e fuel vomiting when the dispenser nozzle is set at maximum)?

It is also likely some vacuum hoses related to the Evap system is leaking/ improperly installed if previously removed
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by seanfer(m): 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
Inception:

Do you have issues refueling your car(I.e fuel vomiting when the dispenser nozzle is set at maximum)?

It is also likely some vacuum hoses related to the Evap system is leaking/ improperly installed if previously removed

What can be done to correct this. My car experience the bolded.
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2021
For the benefit of future readers.

I fixed it by buying that fuel injector cleaner.

It doesn't smell that way again.

Engine light also off.

Thanks to the contributors

1 Like

Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by Dozieson(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2021
incogni2o:

Engine light also off.

Feedback is always good, thanks.

Is it still consuming fuel?
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
Dozieson:

Feedback is always good, thanks.

Is it still consuming fuel?

Not something a notice for now
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2021
incogni2o:

Engine light also off.

You wish wink

1 Like

Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

You wish wink

You wish I payed 10K for just diagnosis, then another over 10K for fixing?

Oga, abeg, no vex, when I get richer, I will definitely come over, but as it is now ehnn.

Boys dey manage.

Continue servicing your boxed up customers while I continue visiting my mechanic too.

Thanks for your advices though

Peace. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2021
incogni2o:

You wish I payed 10K for just diagnosis, then another over 10K for fixing?

Oga, abeg, no vex, when I get richer, I will definitely come over, but as it is now ehnn.

Boys dey manage.

Continue servicing your boxed up customers while I continue visiting my mechanic too.

Thanks for your advices though

Peace. undecided

Nope. Problem was not solved with injector cleaner sold in a bottle . However I am glad problem was solved. But do not mislead the public onto buying snake oil. Its generally a waste of money

2 Likes

Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Nope. Problem was not solved with injector cleaner sold in a bottle . However I am glad problem was solved. But do not mislead the public onto buying snake oil. Its generally a waste of money

By the way, I traveled to IB on Friday and back same day.

Engine light didn't come back on.

And traveled quiet fast so keeps me a bit assured.

I also didn't believe in the injector cleaner stuff before, I had the same mentality you are preaching now but this changed my mind

It could be dirt the injector cleaner cleaned from the tank through the engine .

Check this video.

Coming from a mechanic I respect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w10f7JBjyQ
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2021
incogni2o:

By the way, I traveled to IB on Friday and back same day.

Engine light didn't come back on.

And traveled quiet fast so keeps me a bit assured.

I also didn't believe in the injector cleaner stuff before, I had the same mentality you are preaching now but this changed my mind

It could be dirt the injector cleaner cleaned from the tank through the engine .

Check this video.

Coming from a mechanic I respect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w10f7JBjyQ

We live in Nigeria, what gloggs up our injectors is mostly sand and rust. You cannot make that disappear with cleaning additives

1 Like

Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

We live in Nigeria, what gloggs up our injectors is mostly sand and rust. You cannot make that disappear with cleaning additives

It's OK Bro.

However my problem was solved, I mentioned what I did to help others.

There is nothing to loose if someone tries it out.
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2021
incogni2o:

It's OK Bro.

However my problem was solved, I mentioned what I did to help others.

There is nothing to loose if someone tries it out.

There is. There is money to loose.
Re: My Lexus ES330 Exhaust Smelling And Increasing Fuel Consumption by incogni2o: 6:03am On Nov 03, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

There is. There is money to loose.

At this stage, I hope you are not just trying to prove you know better.

All the best with you and your conceit.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 1999 (baby Boy) Problem / ... / See Nigerians React As Toyota Set 2 Release Similar Wooden Car Built By Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.