Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:32 AM

Is This Scam Or What? Pls Help.... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This Scam Or What? Pls Help.... (588 Views)

Nigerian Support Foundation Contest. Scam Or True? / Jamb Result Upgrading/editing Scam Alert. Dont't Fall For This Scam / BUKIEPOLY,OGIDI ,anambra State,scam OR????!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Scam Or What? Pls Help.... by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2012
Gud-day nairalander, am a bit confused when my mum called me that a letter has being dropped to our home address from CITYGATE INSTISTUTE, then I replied by asking what the letter is all about? And she told me it’s an admission letter from a school. I was shocked bcoz, I’d never applied for such school.
In a nutshell, I sent my Uncle to the Village to help collect the letter so far 1 am not chanced to go…
We all read the letter together, while my full name; JAMB Reg/Scores and home address are all stated correctly.
An Interview is said to be held @ CITI Poly Campus, by University of Ibadan 2nd Gate, Orogun bus/stop, Oyo Road, Ibadan.
I’d been seeking from friends to know if such school do exist or its address, but all the replied I got was NILL…
Pls I want nairalander to help enlighten this, if it’s really true or it’s just a SCAM.
Your reply will be highly appreciated, THANKS & God Bless….
Re: Is This Scam Or What? Pls Help.... by RudySmith(m): 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
Why do you care so much about this letter? If you did not apply for that school then you should tear it up and dismiss it. If you think that someone used your name to apply for the school, then do what is necessary to let them know that you have never applied, et voila!
Re: Is This Scam Or What? Pls Help.... by kaysy(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
AVOID it...
This is 1 of those Glorified secondary schools who goes to JAMB every year to collect names of Applicants and complete details then they'l send them letters of admission all because people don't pick those schools from point of registering. when it comes to tertiary eduction, its either federal school or state school u should attend and forget abt all other set of schools ok?
Re: Is This Scam Or What? Pls Help.... by Odunnu: 3:54am On Dec 05, 2012
@Stephin, it isnt a scam. It is a new school. Usually, because jambites dont know about them, they dont get much aspirants, so they go to Jamb and get details of students who did fairly well in Jamb who may not have been admitted into their choice schools and invite them. Its a form of adverts too

(1) (Reply)

Shell 2013 Niger Delta Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme / The Myth About Prof. Wole Soyinka / Students On Rampage In Lautech.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.