Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,087 members, 7,957,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:24 AM

Make Cool Cash Exporting Garcinia Kola And Bitter Kola - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Make Cool Cash Exporting Garcinia Kola And Bitter Kola (3486 Views)

Bitter Kola And Kola Nuts Buyers Needed / KOLANUT And Bitter KOLA / Recharge Cards Printing And Bitter-kola Exportation Business Seminar On 14th Feb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make Cool Cash Exporting Garcinia Kola And Bitter Kola by infotails: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2012
One of such agricultural businesses profitable enough for you to engage in is the exporting of bitter-cola and garcinia kola

The Project

Bitter (Garcinia) kola is in great demand in America, Britain, Germany, France, Italy, China, Japan, India and other Asian countries. It is used for food purposes apart from serving as a raw material in pharmaceutical industries for production of drugs. The product abounds in Nigeria as its growing is wide in the rural communities. Collection of the bitter kola from the rural areas and processing them for export market is a simple operation to undertake, less capital intensive, attractive to government support and above all, a noble occupation. The writer therefore strongly recommends this project especially to the unemployed youths, retired but not tired citizens to embrace this project, go to any Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) office around them for assistance and guidance, or contact the writer for assistance about foreign buyers, processing and packaging, and export procedures, etc.

Processing and Packaging

In the international market, bitter kola is always required in two forms, fresh or dried. However, most importers (or buyers) always want them dried. The drying must be done in a way that the colour and taste is not affected. Drying of bitter kola is done in three ways: sun drying, natural drying, mechanical drying (using drying machines). Sun drying is the popular method in our villages but products for international market must not be dried in the sun. Natural drying method is recommended. If it is allowed to dry naturally, the butterish colour of the product will not be affected. The purpose of drying is to reduce the moisture content. Drying by machines is also recommendable. The drying machines are locally fabricated and available at affordable prices, imported machines also exist at higher prices. Packaging of the products does not require a standard packaging method. The quantity of products to be exported at a point in time determines the packaging method. However, any prospective exporter can use the type of bag used in packaging rice.

Quality Control and Certification

The exporter must ensure good quality product. The product therefore must be free of foreign matters likes stones, sand, dirt, nylon, paper, etc. These will add unnecessary weight as well as contaminate the product. For the exportable product to achieve standard in terms of quality and packaging at the international market, the following parameters must be observed: commodities (the product) must be properly dried to avoid moldness, free from extraneous matters, must not be adulterated. Packaged in good packaging material. It must be of standard weight. It must be graded, marked and sealed. Must be free from pest infestation. Must pass FPIS test analysis so as to meet international accepted quality standard. Also Nafdac test analysis must be scaled.

Export Pricing

Currently a kg of bitter kola commands an international market price of $17, and the local price is about N200 per kg. In making your export pricing as regard any enquiry that you may receive from prospective buyers, the following steps must be carefully considered: analyse the enquiry carefully, note what the customer asked for CIF or FOB, delivery time and payment terms, etc.

Project Implementation/Cost Estimates

The project can be carried out on a small or large scale basis. A capital base of N100,000 is enough to start this business on a small scale. Raising this money could be by personal savings of the investor, borrowing from friends and relations, assistance from SMEDAN, loans from Microfinance banks, and/or other feasible sources. The viability of this project will ensure that the account of money raised in funding this project can be generated within two years of operation after all operational expenses are met.

For more Biz Ideas log on to www.e-book.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Make Cool Cash Exporting Garcinia Kola And Bitter Kola by ruggedcuzz: 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
I am very much interested in exporting business, especially the one you are talking about. The Problem am facing is that i dont even know the procedure of exporting products and how I can get buyer for the goods. Is there anything like export agent or company that can serve as intermediary and help in selling the product?
I will be glad if you can explain to me exporting business and how I can go about it.
Re: Make Cool Cash Exporting Garcinia Kola And Bitter Kola by infotails: 7:45am On Dec 06, 2012
ruggedcuzz: I am very much interested in exporting business, especially the one you are talking about. The Problem am facing is that i dont even know the procedure of exporting products and how I can get buyer for the goods. Is there anything like export agent or company that can serve as intermediary and help in selling the product?
I will be glad if you can explain to me exporting business and how I can go about it.

Hello friend..In exportation biz there is nothing like agents or you registering company unless you are exporting more than 50kg..As a newbie into this biz i wll advice you first start up with 50kg or less depending on your capital.Simply get the stuff you want to export.dry and package..then buyers are not a probs.
www.howtrade.com
www.tradeturkey.com
you can find buyers from those websites..but the thing thee is dat thiz biz requires alot of attention and not as easy as people tk it o be..i have been into it for some times now b4 i left it for sumtn beta

You can read the free report by clicking on this link http://www.e-book.gnbo.com.ng/_item?item_id=048001

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Download All These Hot And Powerful Tool For Almost Free Now. / I Need Buyers Of Palm Oil, Sesame Seed And Cashew Nuts In Large Quantity / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.