Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

“Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students (7889 Views)

OAU Management Tells Students To Remain Indoors On Wednesday / FUTA Has Zero Tolerance For Anti-social Behaviour – VC Tells New Students / Leave Facebook, VC Tells Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by chucky234(m): 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
face + book - your = facebook

2 Likes

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
it depends on what u use FB for
Fb is busy opening business opportunities for those who know what they are doing on there and not for lay abouts who think fb is all about trying to sleep with everyone on your friends list

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2012
busoye19: Prof. Olusola Oyewole, Vice Chancellor, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, has advised students to stop wasting their time on social networks, especially facebook at the expense of their studies.

The VC disclosed this through the former Head of Department of General Studies and Communication, Prof. Bolanle Akeredolu-Ale, at a seminar tagged: Role Modeling Lecture for the Girl-Child, organised by a Ph.D student and 2010 Award Fellow, Mrs. Bolanle Ogunlolu-Akinyemi, Oyewole and sponsored by African Women in Agricultural Research and Development.

He said, “Facebook and other social networks are good, but I will advise you to leave Facebook and face your studies.”

Mrs Oyewole advised female students to desist from procrastination and to understand the importance of time than money.

She however tasked them to learn how to politely and constructively say ‘no’ adding that [size=18pt]they should judge each day by the seeds sown and not by the harvest reaped[/size].

“You know yourself more than anyone else, so desist from comparing yourselves with others,”she concluded.

The institution’s Councillor, Mrs Modesta Ofodile, said students should always use some of their free time as private periods to study, adding that those periods could also be used to refresh and renew their energy.

Ofodile however, advised the students to manage their time well, saying that “if you waste your time thinking there is time, examinations will catch you unawares.”

She noted that serious-minded students rarely get into trouble.

Furthermore, the Head of Department, Food Service and Tourism, Dr. A.M in her lecture informed students about availability of scholarship opportunities they can benefit

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/12/04/face-book-desist-facebook-vc-tells-students/?wt=3

Top of the line advice!!!
TOP OF DI LINE!! smiley
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2012
chucky234: face + book - your = facebook

grin
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by debsjoat(m): 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
born2fuck: Why would students face their book?
What happened to"No handout,No Mark lecturers"
"Sex4Mark Lecturers" "Pay 1000 for test and 3500 for exam lecturers" all these bunch of useless lecturers are not encouraging the VC skip and fail to talk about them, education in nigeria has fallen and not for social network, even social network upgrade the develop countries and they makek lots of money legally online compare to Facto De Jobless Nigerians
Nice one!!!
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by SELFWORTH: 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
chucky234: Chronic clueless goon,the millions of CEOs on FB are fools abi?

I will ignore your insult because it stems from your ignorance. I guess you are one of the intolerant Nigerians who try to force their opinions down other peoples throat. This is a forum and I am entitled to my opinion, if you don't like it, go and hug your facebook.

Your comments prove who the fool is since you seem to believe only fools are not on Facebook.

I will reverse your comments and say only fools like you are on facebook hence am not impressed.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by SELFWORTH: 11:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
Tusky44: Shows how primitive the VC is as of today. I learned more about the history of Nigeria on several groups on Facebook. I keep up-to-date with the latest news around the globe by following Channels TV, CNN, Aljazeera, and many more on Facebook.

If the main activity on Facebook for any student is to post pictures of her Brazilian hair or weave, change status to "open relationship", sample her new dress and respond with a thank you to every comment on the thread, and other frivolity, she (the VC) is right.

The VC has a point and so do you. A lot of people are on it for the wrong reasons and are just followers. Ask them one tangible thing they have gained out of it, they cant answer.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by SELFWORTH: 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
Fredrick909:
www.facebook.com
is corrupting student's too much.
i wonder what people enjoy on facebook. just to get some cheap attention...

Abi o. some people have even lost their lives on this facebook both in Nigeria and abroad. Some have lost their homes, jobs and ruined their lives because of it. I am yet to find someone who can point to their achievement from facebook. After posting all their private pictures and thoughts what next?

It has its benefits but only a few have been able to tap into the opportunities it offers. All the rest are purely a source of income for Mark Z.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by gabbidonbah(m): 12:16am On Dec 05, 2012
SELFWORTH: Am not on Facebook. Never have been. Never will be.U're a fool,dreamer. U guyz don't knw the value of social network.

I'll rather spend my time plotting and planning how I can be the CEO/founder of the next biggest innovation of the century.

I don't understand the obsession with Facebook and will never understand it.

Idle hands really!
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by gabbidonbah(m): 12:19am On Dec 05, 2012
What abt nairaland sef nor be social network? People shld avoid nairaland as well , fools.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Jideh9ty(m): 12:25am On Dec 05, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]My VC has spoken.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 05, 2012
caseless: Hmmmm....how many students will take this important advice serious? If u can make facebook as a course in ur university, u will be shocked at the number of A's students will be makin frm that course...everybody go pass am wel-wel.

Anyway, skool cant be sweet without social-networks...."all work and no play make jack a dull boy", no b me talk am ooo...we need some of these social stuffs to amplify the system, but that dosn't mean it should take most of our time of study.

U too take it seriously.......is it not sorting.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by patwhizkid(f): 6:49am On Dec 05, 2012
My books are on facebook!
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by born2boink(m): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2012
SELFWORTH:

The VC has a point and so do you. A lot of people are on it for the wrong reasons and are just followers. Ask them one tangible thing they have gained out of it, they cant answer.
let them tackle the internal problem first, imagine a student preparing for exam in 3 weeks and all of a sudden strike started, before you knows it, 8 months already counting,should students who don't know the strike call-off day and you expect continue ready,even the parents will be the first to tell them to look for something to do....

Come to some schools, lecturer will be telling you, you will never pass if you did not buy their textbook,even if you invite Jesus, you won't get C because their words will surely come to pass, I have seen a lot and if I continue talking,believe me, you will be surprise some students,don't attend classs,don't attent lectures, you will not even see them during exam and you see A,B in their marks, who is the ghost giving them mark,who are those giving them result?I don't want to mention name of, school.nigeria school to encouraging jooh
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Pain(m): 7:43am On Dec 05, 2012
Nothing Wong with FB. It's a cultural revolution small minded folks are yet to grasp and come to terms with. M
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by nneh1(f): 7:58am On Dec 05, 2012
"Sex4Mark Lecturers" "Pay 1000 for test and 3500 for exam lecturers" all these bunch of useless lecturers are not encouraging Nigerians
if only the vc's will advice the lecturers then we can strike a balance. Occupy the students wit studies they will facebook less but since we pay to pass or sleep to pass , what do you expect our brain to be occupied with? FACEBOOK.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by tonymariao(m): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2012
I don't believe dat social networks can distract one except whom wants 2 be distracted i.e those without self ctrl n personal life discipline
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by born2boink(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2012
nneh1: if only the vc's will advice the lecturers then we can strike a balance. Occupy the students wit studies they will facebook less but since we pay to pass or sleep to pass , what do you expect our brain to be occupied with? FACEBOOK.
Our lecturers don't know more than see your class governor; seeing the class governor, the next you will hear from the class governor is that the lecturer says their is mass failure and he will help you to do something about it, everyone should contribute 1,000 if you want to pass his test or buy his book 1,500 and write your name down, don't buy the book elsewhere, na only bola dey sell the book, some student will start crying, I did my test well, why will they give me 5/30, some will start shouting despite all the "Egun" they still get 2/30, immediately after everyone pay, the lease mark you will see is 15/30 for those who score zero, na laught I kuku dey always laughs for class, naija!!! I dey nairaland dey runs till jooh, we still dey on strike now,clossing to 1 year, hope my business grow, I hate dem die
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by olempe(m): 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sunymoore: He should also face his wife's face and stop facing ladies faces

Lol
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by olempe(m): 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
SELFWORTH: Am not on Facebook. Never have been. Never will be.

I'll rather spend my time plotting and planning how I can be the CEO/founder of the next biggest innovation of the century.

I don't understand the obsession with Facebook and will never understand it.

Idle hands really!

Good for u.

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by chucky234(m): 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
SELFWORTH:

I will ignore your insult because it stems from your ignorance. I guess you are one of the intolerant Nigerians who try to force their opinions down other peoples throat. This is a forum and I am entitled to my opinion, if you don't like it, go and hug your facebook.

Your comments prove who the fool is since you seem to believe only fools are not on Facebook.

I will reverse your comments and say only fools like you are on facebook hence am not impressed.
Ignorance they say is an incurable disease.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by brownlord: 12:29am On Dec 06, 2012
born2fuck: let them tackle the internal problem first, imagine a student preparing for exam in 3 weeks and all of a sudden strike started, before you knows it, 8 months already counting,should students who don't know the strike call-off day and you expect continue ready,even the parents will be the first to tell them to look for something to do....

Come to some schools, lecturer will be telling you, you will never pass if you did not buy their textbook,even if you invite Jesus, you won't get C because their words will surely come to pass, I have seen a lot and if I continue talking,believe me, you will be surprise some students,don't attend classs,don't attent lectures, you will not even see them during exam and you see A,B in their marks, who is the ghost giving them mark,who are those giving them result?I don't want to mention name of, school.nigeria school to encouraging jooh

Even some can't make a complete statement like you

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by mexzipete(m): 9:05am On Dec 06, 2012
FACEBOOK n FACE ur BOOK na d same tin jur........d diff na YOUR. grin
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by born2boink(m): 10:42am On Dec 06, 2012
brownlord:

Even some can't make a complete statement like you
just as you can read my uncompleted statement fetching me more money smiley as doctor don't need english to survive, so give ur brain a second thought and some being a goatee
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Odunnu: 11:29am On Dec 06, 2012
Born2fock I dey hail o!
I havent seen you this serious/passionate outside sexuality.
The VC's talk touched your bone marrow I see
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by GoodBoi1(m): 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Abi o. some people have even lost their lives on this facebook both in Nigeria and abroad. Some have lost their homes, jobs and ruined their lives because of it. I am yet to find someone who can point to their achievement from facebook. After posting all their private pictures and thoughts what next?

It has its benefits but only a few have been able to tap into the opportunities it offers. All the rest are purely a source of income for Mark Z.
Sorry to say this, your ignorance is so irritating. You are just clueless, closed-minded and to top it, your judgement is biased. That's just the simple truth.
Take like this facebook is like a vehicle, everybody in one have different destinations(purpose of using facebook). Unfortunately, someone lost a life (not because of facebook- that's a fallacy) but that doesn't stop people from using vehicles.
Please get informed (I mean it). I don't think about 850 million users of facebook are unwise. I'll understand if you're above 60 years.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 10, 2012
"Sex4Mark Lecturers" "Pay 1000 for test and 3500 for exam lecturers" all these bunch of useless lecturers are not encouraging the VC skip and fail to talk about them, education in nigeria has fallen and not for social network, even social network upgrade the develop countries and they makek lots of money legally online compare to Facto De Jobless Nigerians
now tel mi how many federal uni's is caught in the act of what yu post,i tink no 1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo State Polytechnic Umuagwo / Dole Village In Kebbi State, Where A Gutter Divides Nigeria And The Niger / Do U Know The Location Of NOUN In Warri???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.