Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

A Song With A Positive Message!!! [a Future - Turn On The Light Cover] - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Song With A Positive Message!!! [a Future - Turn On The Light Cover] (641 Views)

Do Dancers Have A Future to hold In Nigeria?? / WizKid - Turn On The Lights / Anybody Remember The Name Of The Song With These Lyrics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Song With A Positive Message!!! [a Future - Turn On The Light Cover] by djsean(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
[img]http://djaysean.files./2012/12/demmy-ft-tallest-dj-sean-turn-on-the-light-a-future-cover-artwork.jpg[/img]

In spite of the recent happenings in Nigeria [from the Subsidy issue, to the Dana crash, the #ALUU4 killings, etc...], Demmy [the artiste who recently released his "Tuale" track, and was also featured on the Cobhams Asuquo-produced "Distance" by Lawale] delivers a totally different rendition of the popular "Turn On The Light" instrumental originally performed by Future. This instrumental has seen various artistes [both foreign and Nigerian-based acts] performing their versions but all have mostly come through with mainstream versions closely related to the dance-hall patterns; but Demmy chooses to perform his own version in a positive manner, giving hope to the lost souls - this is one song that would go a long way to show that as long as there's life, there surely is hope.

Demmy, who marks his birthday today [December, 4[/b]th] brings on board [b]Tallest [an Indie-artiste, who delivers a subliminal short rap verse fused with a bit of the Yoruba language] and DJ Sean [a disc-jockey with lyrical prowess] on the instrumental which was re-engineered and mixed by Irich, a prolific producer who has been on his grind this year to deliver a song for "change" and "hope". This song would surely sit comfortably on the playlist of music lovers for a long time to come. | ENJOY!!!

DOWNLOAD ~ Demmy ft. Tallest & DJ Sean - Turn On The Light [a Future cover]

LYRICS

D Mic Spirit

Verse 1 [Demmy]
===============

Ohhhh
What a dark world we're living in
See, no sun no moon
No good road, no light
Water gets so scarce, so bad
Omo yankee better ni ohun ti won pariwo
Everybody dying in the flood, bomb blast everywhere
Even in day and night, it's a pity we won't get what we want anytime, and even nowhere
See, the pain is coming like we've never dreamt of
A storm is wiping everything that we've worked for
The pain is killing than we ever thought
I think we only have to cry to God for solution
Say, we really need a solution
Say, we really - we really have to cry for solution

Chorus [2X]
===========

Turn on the light
We need a better place to stay
We need a better life, oh yeaaa

Verse 2 [Tallest]
=================

There is a story I wanna tell about a beautiful home
A house full of love, that's what I call a beautiful home
Wo ni ti ile ba'n toro, omo ale ibe ni ko ti dagba
Reason for my careless reaction towards awon agba oni ibaje
So many things going wrong, but they're acting like they ain't seeing nothing
That's why I'm doing this to give hope and a little loving
It's me, Demmy, Sean and Irich preaching love, but we ain't preachers
That's why I'm selling my love for this people, they ain't buying
I'm telling them it's so hard, but people keep on growing
We're growing in pain, we're growing in shame, but people ain't sending
*sigh* --- mehn, we really need some love here

Chorus [2X]
===========

Turn on the light

Verse 3 [DJ Sean]
=================

Turn on the light; We're crying, we're begging, cuz the future is bright
Notwithstanding, they keep lying, they reap off our rights
We the youths keep struggling with hearts so pure
Leaders, hear our plea cuz a change is for sure
Positivity surpasses inequality
Leading a false life amidst the reality
Wave your hands in the air, cuz the future's here
Two wrongs never made a right, so turn on the light

Hook - Spoken Words [Demmy]
===========================

*sighs* - deep breath
We really need a better future, we need a better life
Flood taking over everywhere, anxiety of bomb blast up and down
People dying to virus, people dying day and night all to armed robbery
We're talking to our fathers, we're talking to our leader
I think we need a brighter future
Let's give the younger generation coming a brighter life
The only constant thing in life is "CHANGE"
So, let's change - TURN ON THE LIGHT

Chorus [4X]
===========

Turn on the light

DOWNLOAD ~ Demmy ft. Tallest & DJ Sean - Turn On The Light [a Future cover]

Source: http://aceworldteam.com/2012/12/04/demmy-ft-tallest-n-dj-sean-turn-on-the-light-a-future-cover/
Re: A Song With A Positive Message!!! [a Future - Turn On The Light Cover] by ijebabe: 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
Lol @ DJ Sean [a disc-jockey with lyrical prowess] grin

Don't know these names but nice music regardless. Are all you guys on NL by the way?
Re: A Song With A Positive Message!!! [a Future - Turn On The Light Cover] by djsean(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2012
ijebabe: Lol @ DJ Sean [a disc-jockey with lyrical prowess] grin

Don't know these names but nice music regardless. Are all you guys on NL by the way?

Nah, DJ Sean's the only one here on NL cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Christian Music / Wizkid With His Alleged BAD 7 Album Deal, And Possible Breakup With Banky Ws EME / W4 - Afromakossa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.