Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5764667 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
cococandy:

You're welcome

How so? smiley
I mean how did you possibly bake the strawberries? Did you add them after baking it?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
all4naija:
I mean how did you possibly bake the strawberries? Did you add them after baking it?
yea.
After almost baking, while the top is still a little mushy, I added the strawberries and popped it back into the oven for a few more minutes wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
bukatyne:
My icecream grin
tell me how you made it pls
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
cococandy:
yea.
After almost baking, while the top is still a little mushy, I added the strawberries and popped it back into the oven for a few more minutes wink
That is very interesting! Does it taste good?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
all4naija:
That is very interesting! Does it taste good?
awesome cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
cococandy:
awesome cheesy
Woo! Awesome! I like that. Did you invent it?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:32am On Apr 13, 2015
all4naija:
Woo! Awesome! I like that. Did you invent it?
nope. It's a basic idea. I just added my own tweak to it.
Oat cakes are not new to the recipe world.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 13, 2015
cococandy:
nope. It's a basic idea. I just added my own tweak to it.
Oat cakes are not new to the recipe world.
What is the nutritional value? Thank you!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:02am On Apr 13, 2015
all4naija:
What is the nutritional value? Thank you!
More fiber
Less carbs.
More protein
Vitamins and antioxidants from the strawberry fruit.

I feel like I'm in an interview grin
Chai who send me bake oat cake today?

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 13, 2015
cococandy:

More fiber
Less carbs.
More protein
Vitamins and antioxidants from the strawberry fruit.

I feel like I'm in an interview grin
Chai who send me bake oat cake today?
That's really awesome! One more question though. What are the ingredients, quantity required and the mode of preparation?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:25am On Apr 13, 2015
all4naija:
That's really awesome! One more question though. What are the ingredients, quantity required and the mode of preparation?

I used 1/4 cup of "I can't believe it's not butter"
(It is a less calorie containing kind of butter)
1/4 cup of brown sugar.
2 eggs
A drop of vanilla flavor
A pinch of baking powder
One cup oatmeal blended nicely.

-Use a wooden spoon to cream your 'butter' and sugar until smooth.
-Break the eggs into the mixture and whisk until well mixed.
-add your blended oats,baking soda and stir until the paste is smooth.
-add a drop of vanilla flavor

Oil a small size baking pan and pour mixture into it.
Preheat your oven to 375• and bake for 30mins.
The top may still be mushy at this stage.
Insert a knife in the middle to check if it is cooked in the inside.
The knife will come out clean if it is cooked inside.
-slice your strawberries (or raisins. Raisins are a great option, I just didn't have any at the moment). Put the fruit on top of the cake that is still a bit mushy, press down and pop right back into the oven for 10 mins.

Bring out and slice.
Let cool and enjoy wink

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 13, 2015
cococandy:

1/4 cup of brown sugar.
2 eggs
A drop of vanilla flavor
A pinch of baking powder

-slice your strawberries (or raisins. Raisins are a great option, I just didn't have any at the moment). Put the fruit on top of the cake that is still a bit mushy, press down and pop right back into the oven for 10 mins.

Bring out and slice.
Let cool and enjoy wink
Thank you. That would be more enjoyable with a glass of fresh milk.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:32am On Apr 13, 2015
all4naija:
Thank you. That would more enjoyable with a glass of fresh milk.
you're welcome
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:06am On Apr 13, 2015
cococandy:
Oat cake wih strawberry.
did u bake dis urself? If yes gimme d recipe. Good morning madame
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:07am On Apr 13, 2015
Akposy:

did u bake dis urself? If yes gimme d recipe. Good morning madame

Yes I did.
Morning smiley
cococandy:

1/4 cup of brown sugar.
2 eggs
A drop of vanilla flavor
A pinch of baking powder
Bring out and slice.
Let cool and enjoy wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:11am On Apr 13, 2015
cococandy:

Yes I did.
Morning smiley
Tanx....no flour? Cos my oat is not much.....can i add flour
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 13, 2015
all4naija:

What is the name of that food? It includes coconut kernel.
Its abacha, although prepared differently from the other smaller one...
.just a little difference tho.

Do you know the other type? I think I still have a pic of the one I posted here before so I will post it again.

The difference between this and the other is the time it takes to cook (I mean cooking the cassava to get the type I posted with coconut and the type I will post now) and they method of cutting it too. Some people still prepare this the way they prepare the other one but I prefer it with coconut. (Preparation of eating it I mean).

Here is a pic of the other type.

Good morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EddyBlingzz(m): 10:43am On Apr 13, 2015
Herzumpther:
Its abacha, although prepared differently from the other smaller one...
.just a little difference tho.

Do you know the other type? I think I still have a pic of the one I posted here before so I will post it again.

The difference between this and the other is the time it takes to cook (I mean cooking the cassava to get the type I posted with coconut and the type I will post now) and they method of cutting it too. Some people still prepare this the way they prepare the other one but I prefer it with coconut. (Preparation of eating it I mean).

Here is a pic of the other type.

Good morning.
when do i get to eat all these delicacies na?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 10:49am On Apr 13, 2015
cococandy:
tell me how you made it pls

Will post the link

However, I set out to make one type and I couldn't find whipping cream and had to find a butter recipe.

Modified:

BUTTER ice cream

Makes about 12 cookie scoop sized servings

Ingredients:
◾1 egg, beaten
◾1/2 cup sugar
◾1/4 teaspoon salt
◾3 sticks of unsalted butter ( I used one stick)
◾1 cup half and half (used condensed milk... Evaporated milk + Sugar boiled for about 10mins)
◾1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Procedure:

1.Cut the butter into small pieces. Place the first five ingredients (everything but the vanilla) in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Stir CONSTANTLY. I found that if I didn't, burned bits of butter would form very quickly. If they do, don't stop: we'll strain the mixture in a little bit.

2.Continue to cook until the temperature has reached 145 F (a few degrees over is fine). Keep a close eye on this as the smoke point for butter is 150 degrees F. Remove from heat, and if needed, strain the mixture into a different bowl through a sieve to strain out burned bits. Stir in the vanilla and place the bowl or pan in an ice bath.

3.While the mixture is cooling in the ice bath, place a stainless steel bowl (fairly shallow) or baking pan in the freezer to chill.

4.Once the mixture has cooled, gently pour it into the cold pan. Take care that no drops of water from the bottom of the pan get in the mixture.

5.Place the pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Remove the pan. Chances are, it feels a bit gluey. It's OK. Stir it as vigorously as you can, using a combo of rubber spatula (to loosen the mixture from the sides and bottom) and a whisk (to mix). Stir vigorously (but not so hard as to make the mixture go flying) for 1 minute or so. Return the mixture to the freezer.

6.Repeat this process every 20 minutes or so for 6 cycles. The mixture will be slightly thicker every time. If at any point it is too thick, place the mixture in the refrigerator to soften slightly before stirring, then do the step and return to the freezer. Once the ice cream has completely frozen, your ice cream is ready.

7. Enjoy in moderation grin

Too much makes one sick

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
Akposy:

Tanx....no flour? Cos my oat is not much.....can i add flour
you can add a little flour if you wish

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
Thanks dear.

bukatyne:

Will post the link

However, I set out to make one type and I couldn't find whipping cream and had to find a butter recipe.

Modified:

BUTTER ice cream

Makes about 12 cookie scoop sized servings

Ingredients:
◾1 egg, beaten
◾1/2 cup sugar
◾1/4 teaspoon salt
◾3 sticks of unsalted butter ( I used one stick)
◾1 cup half and half (used condensed milk... Evaporated milk + Sugar boiled for about 10mins)
◾1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Procedure:

1.Cut the butter into small pieces. Place the first five ingredients (everything but the vanilla) in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Stir CONSTANTLY. I found that if I didn't, burned bits of butter would form very quickly. If they do, don't stop: we'll strain the mixture in a little bit.

2.Continue to cook until the temperature has reached 145 F (a few degrees over is fine). Keep a close eye on this as the smoke point for butter is 150 degrees F. Remove from heat, and if needed, strain the mixture into a different bowl through a sieve to strain out burned bits. Stir in the vanilla and place the bowl or pan in an ice bath.

3.While the mixture is cooling in the ice bath, place a stainless steel bowl (fairly shallow) or baking pan in the freezer to chill.

4.Once the mixture has cooled, gently pour it into the cold pan. Take care that no drops of water from the bottom of the pan get in the mixture.

5.Place the pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Remove the pan. Chances are, it feels a bit gluey. It's OK. Stir it as vigorously as you can, using a combo of rubber spatula (to loosen the mixture from the sides and bottom) and a whisk (to mix). Stir vigorously (but not so hard as to make the mixture go flying) for 1 minute or so. Return the mixture to the freezer.

6.Repeat this process every 20 minutes or so for 6 cycles. The mixture will be slightly thicker every time. If at any point it is too thick, place the mixture in the refrigerator to soften slightly before stirring, then do the step and return to the freezer. Once the ice cream has completely frozen, your ice cream is ready.

7. Enjoy in moderation grin

Too much makes one sick
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
Herzumpther:
Thanks dear. I will sure try that soon. Don't forget to invite EfemenaXY, she loves overipe plantain eh. grin

Vote? I will vote sha, I've managed to do my accreditation.

APC sharing 3k for each person here o. undecided

Lol!

I'm trying to repent and cast off my lurrrve for overripe plantain.

I like the idea behind the plantain pancake, but I wouldn't fry in oil. I'd use a non-stick pan. Not too sure about the added flour either, but like I said, I like the concept. smiley

Babymama1:
Lunch at work
Don't laugh

Akara,yoghurt and orange

I'm not laughing. I really aren't. grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ewuro4:
Lunch ; sweet potatoes,boiled plantain and spicy fried eggs. Don't dig in. grin

Looks fabulous. What did you add to your eggs to make it spicy? Black pepper?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Looks fabulous. What did you add to your eggs to make it spicy? Black pepper?

Nne I have a wedding anniversary coming up and I need to fit into something good at David's bridal
Help me
Oops
I need to say this on the healthy eating thread
Oh well
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
babyosisi:

Nne I have a wedding anniversary coming up and I need to fit into something good at David's bridal
Help me
Oops
I need to say this on the healthy eating thread
Oh well

grin grin grin

Abeg clarify the kinda help you want babes. With the food or the dress?

Your anniversary? Congratulations!! kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

Abeg clarify the kinda help you want babes. With the food or the dress?

Your anniversary? Congratulations!! kiss kiss kiss

ROFL
Come closer let me whisper so that people won't hear
[size=2pt]
With weight[/size]
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
^^ Ah! I get you.

Yep, you need to come over to the other thread before I get butchered here for my suggestions. smiley cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
Dinner!

Jollof rice served with breaded crabs, broccoli, and roast beef. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
See the small small healthy portions of rice
When I am really hungry,I can eat all of them together and still have space for my creamy butter old style churned pecan vanilla ice cream tongue

Ok not all all
At least 3 put together grin

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
babyosisi:
When I am really hungry,I can eat all of them together and still have space for my creamy butter old style churned pecan vanilla ice cream tongue

Ok not all all

Osisi!! shocked shocked

Seriously! grin grin grin I can't handle this anymore. I really can't. I need BABE3 here. She's more experienced... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Osisi!! shocked shocked

Seriously! grin grin grin I can't handle this anymore. I really can't. I need BABE3 here. She's more experienced... cheesy

Have you tried it
It's my best ice cream
Just as the creamy goodness melts in your mouth,you feels chunks of pecans caught in between your tongue and palate,and you carefully refer them to the molars and chew them mixed with the remaining ice cream in your mouth and immediately reach into the bowl for another scoop.
Oh boy

grin
My clock is not moving fast enough
I am escaping this job today in an hour
There is a big tub of this in my freezer waiting patiently to be dealt with

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
babyosisi:

Ok not all all
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.