Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam (9733 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Two Bankers For N9.7Million Fraud(PICS) / Nursing Mother Arrested For 3.7Million Fraud (photos) / British Woman Duped Of £1.6m By Nigerian Fraudsters Via Online Dating Site (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by akintun: 11:41am On Dec 05, 2012
Dis is really painful becos it involved d death of an elderly couple. People abusing Nigerians should realize dat there are crooks everywhere, and it is not dependent on ur nationality. I have seen lots of British people been convicted 4 fraud and u don't abuse all British.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by puplin(f): 11:42am On Dec 05, 2012
Why are these set of people so desperate to be rich. Very heartless. Having said that, it's only a greedy person that'll agree to winning a lottery you never put in for in the first place. Despite all the media and online publicity on local and foreign websites, some people still fall for scams. Gullible fools
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by TableLeg(m): 11:50am On Dec 05, 2012
Heartless criminals .. All of them should be thrown into jail and the keys chucked into the River Thames!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by bibiking1(m): 11:54am On Dec 05, 2012
Ile-Ife:
20-25 years each would have done justice.

That would have ben too much.. remember if the victims were not greedy they would not have fallen in the ditch! So lets be rational

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Tibalistic Tribal land. Scared of the truth?
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by Humblesam(m): 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
salmonkay: nawa for this naija guys self,well i dont blame him na country no good.

Bro,can you please read and listen to what you've typed?
I hope you are nt frm dis same country?
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by coretechng(m): 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
The sentence is too light as far as am concerned.The activity of the evil guys led to the death or suicide of two old couples
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
To all those firing tribalistic salvos, please note that the convicted criminals were all addressed as . . . NIGERIANS.

If you like cry from morning till night "Yoruba this", "Igbo that", doesnt change anything so please get that into your th!ck skulls and be serious for once!!! cool
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by ZeusI: 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
Fredrick909:
but the rate at which people are looking for money is getting out of hand's....
these are the reasons why i detest fraud.....
now the couple are dead cos they were duped of thier hard earned money. R.i.p
those guys have not only stole but they have also killed as well...
they will never go unpunished
#PEACE
Those whites are fools, what will they tell their God that ferried them to the great beyond? The love of money is the root of all evils has manifested itself in the action of that white man and his wife: the wife was greedy which is a sin, the husband was a murderer plus taking his life = sucide. All over love of money. The business guy will serve his terms in opulence and come out contesting the richest younstars of Nigerian Nationals. Cool deal man!
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by TonySpike: 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
Zeus I: Those whites are fools, what will they tell their God that ferried them to the great beyond? The love of money is the root of all evils has manifested itself in the action of that white man and his wife: the wife was greedy which is a sin, the husband was a murderer plus taking his life = sucide. All over love of money. The business guy will serve his terms in opulence and come out contesting the richest younstars of Nigerian Nationals. Cool deal man!

Dude, wasn't it the same love of money that made the jailed guys defraud people. Your comment sounds so warped, I must say.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by phineboy1pimple(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sky-walker:
Na wa oo. Na these guy dey make my co-workers for here dey look me with one kin bad eye this morning. angry angry angry

Its such a shame...
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by 3direct: 8:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
big shame

Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by aribisala0(m): 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
Zeus I: Those whites are fools, what will they tell their God that ferried them to the great beyond? The love of money is the root of all evils has manifested itself in the action of that white man and his wife: the wife was greedy which is a sin, the husband was a murderer plus taking his life = sucide. All over love of money. The business guy will serve his terms in opulence and come out contesting the richest younstars of Nigerian Nationals. Cool deal man!
Thank God you are so smart!
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by erico2k2(m): 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
cronsberg: Igbo again. They just can't earn money without defrauding and scamming others. bloody scamming b.ast.ards
bross OSAS is Edo state
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by erico2k2(m): 12:13am On Dec 06, 2012
O.T.I.S:

what in the name of gawd am i still doing in another man's country if i made that amount in 2010 ?
Bro dem make small money, the real thieves transfer money to thier account and pay them commison, those boys zap
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by jacoplain(m): 2:23am On Dec 06, 2012
In 2005, I was the only candidate invited for a second interview for the post of an Accountant with a Finance Brokerage in London and the Lady asked me why my "compatriots" were fond of fraud and 419. I told her that it was not all of us but the lazy ones but she obviously wasn't convinced and her fear got the better of her 'cos I didn't get the job.

Fast forward to Feb 2012 and I lost another Temporary Accounting Post because I protested at my line managers insinuation that a Nigerian Accountant may not be safe for their cheque book. My protest forced the HR Director to get her to apologise to me but he still gave her the leeway to either allow my contract to run on or terminate it and she chose to terminate it. Not that I minded the termination as there was no way I was going to feel happy working there after her subtle prejudice.

Employers don't get it when you feel aggrieved if they insinuate that Nigerians are fraudulent but if I am not a fraudster, why should I be a partaker of other peoples sins just because we bear the same moniker as Nigerians ?

Having said that, all those years studying to be an Accountant in London may be a waste afterall as with the antics of some of my Fraudulent country men being exposed in England by the day, then which employer is going to trust a Nigerian Accountant to look after their cheque books ??

What a sorry state the name Nigeria is in.

Ile latin kesho rode. Charity begins at home but there are a hardcore of our boys in the West who are intent on poisoning the name Nigeria for the rest of us. And the sad thing is that Nemesis is not catching up with them fast enough.

The name Nigeria has now become a laughing stock in the UK thanks to these thieves.

In fact I asked an IT Director of a Multinational where I was contracting a few months ago if she was Nigerian (not knowing she was Siera Leonian) and she retorted back "Don't Smear Me" in front of colleagues both White and African. I then ask her if there was anything wrong with being a Nigerian to which she had no answer. We were to work on the same project but her initial prejudice and her aggression meant we were never going to get along well.

When other Africans in the UK are now distancing themselves from Nigerians and also outwardly showing us prejudice because of the antics of the greedy fraudsters amongst us then it is a sorry state indeed.

But I still remain a Nigerian for life despite the fact that the name Nigeria is evolving into a corrupted brand on a daily basis.

Nigerians were once noted mainly for our Academioc achievements but at this moment in time our bad name acquired because of the 419'ers amongst us now means that some unscrupulous employers in the West are now beginning to cast aspersions onto the honesty with which we acquired those qualifications in the first place.

An example was in 2006 when I was an Accountant at a Hospital in London and the National Health Service sponsored and encouraged employees to sit a certain computer exam where you had to sit the practice test anywhere you wanted and on passing that, you could then proceed to the main centre to sit the real exam. In the practice tests, I scored 90% in the first paper and 92% in the second one. At the main centre, the first invigilator a white lady duly recorded my marks in the log book and allowed me to sit the real exam but the invigilator for the second paper (a black lady - Afro Carribean) took one look at my practice exam scores and said I had to retake the exam and I asked her why ? She answered back "How am I sure you did not cheat to pass". I had to then lecture her on how a lot of Nigerians were highly educated before we left the shores of Nigeria and that not all Nigerians are exam cheats. Obviously, I lost my cool and gave her a piece of my mind and refused to retake the mickey mouse exam and told her I was going to report her to her boss and she promptly supplied me with her bosses contact details.

Suffice it to say that in classic NHS political style, the whole saga was turned around with the victim now becoming the villain and I was duly summoned to a kangaroo disciplinary hearing where after 3 hours I was found guilty of "losing my temper" when she insinuated that I might be an exam cheat. Their "sentence" was that that finding was to be placed in my HR files and I would be observed for the next 1 year to see if I lost my cool again.

Not to disappoint myself or depart from who I really was, I went back to my desk and wrote my resignation letter on the spot and relocated back to Nigeria 3 days later to open a restaurant - a "castle in the sky" adventure that lasted 2 years before I threw in the towel and reluctantly came back to London in 2008.

My point is that it may soon get to a stage where more and more Nigerian professionals in the West are having their qualifications scrutinised because they happen to come from the same country as these lazy thieving 419'ers mentioned in the original post.

A bad Brand named Nigeria is not good for all of us, there are not enough voices of dissent condemning those amongst us who are daily tarnishing our already battered name abroad. Instead you are seen as out of touch and not smart if you don't hail or partake in the "evil prowess" of these fraudsters. We tend to forget that Evil flourishes when good people keep quiet. Eje ka panupo ba ole wi. Lets all with one voice condemn the thieves amongst us instead of hailing them as smart.

Rant over.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by TonySpike: 4:50am On Dec 06, 2012
^^^
You put up quite an interesting but harrowing experience up there. It reminds me of experiences I had with two African colleagues while studying. The first, a Swazi, asked me why I was in the university. I was surprised at the question and I asked her if it was unusual for a Nigerian to be studying. She then replied, "But you are a Nigerian, you can get any certificate you want by forging it". It was the greatest shock of my life. I had to sit her down and lecture her. The other case was a white Saffer, he asked me this way, "Why are you wasting your time studying, when you can be 'streetwise' like other Nigerians". Honestly, I didn't know that being 'streetwise' means being a fraudster and drug lord until that day. I also sat him down and explained to him. The truth is this, how many of them can you lecture. Almost everyone is potentially afraid of Nigerians. We have an unusual and bad corrupt reputation preceding us, even in Africa.
So, whenever I come to Nairaland and see Nigerians abusing other African nationals, I just laugh. Nigeria has no reputation outside her borders. The earlier we know this, the better. Many foreigners already have that jaundiced view about us. Infact, to them, it sounds too good to be true meeting a honest and trustworthy Nigerian with solid integrity. We need to take back Nigeria. It will take years to rebuild back the already damaged reputation we have. Infact, it will take a very serious and just government (not the current one) to effect that change. I rest my case...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by stantob(m): 6:46am On Dec 06, 2012
If you live for oyibo land you self go know say did people greedy well well.Who name d runs scam, no bi them?So na them start the thing.Na oyigbo corrupt pass, even with the level of security for their country, crime still dey.
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by modskiller(m): 10:58am On Dec 06, 2012
nigerians are fourkin smart and wild
maafuka made the old man kill his wife. RIP.
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tony Spike:

Dude, wasn't it the same love of money that made the jailed guys defraud people. Your comment sounds so warped, I must say.

U are the one that sounds so warped and confused the guy was right dude
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by TonySpike: 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
Jastomboy11:

U are the one that sounds so warped and confused the guy was right dude

Who is this?
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tony Spike:

Who is this?

Ask yourself that boring question
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by TonySpike: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
Jastomboy11:

Ask yourself that boring question

Take a look at this, those jailed guys were involved in wire fraud. Do you what that is? Hacking people's account and defrauding 13 of them just like that! Tell me why that isn't greed? Perhaps, you are one of such fraudsters anyway...
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by Yungbitz(m): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
I L♥√ع dis dudes...fall out 4rm prison make una cum flex una moni....no white man has been crucified 4 d Evil deed of exploitation on Us during d Era of Colonialism....I don't hate no 419 who dupe 4renas...I gv dem Thumbs up....Criticisms are welcum
Re: Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tony Spike:

Take a look at this, those jailed guys were involved in wire fraud. Do you what that is? Hacking people's account and defrauding 13 of them just like that! Tell me why that isn't greed? Perhaps, you are one of such fraudsters anyway...

Just one word to describe you ....FOOL.... Who told u all this accounts were hacked and moreover if they were hacked who gave u the clue that they were hacked by Nigerians, Look this hopeless whites u are supporting are the architect of their own problems, Can u give a girl u never have a physical contact with your account information. Look bank account can either be gotten from the account owner through releasing the info to the scam artist or spammed by some spammers elsewhere. If u are greedy u will get conned and later bite your fingers cos u are greedy,ignorant or been foolish. I'm not supporting the guy but if the woman is not greedy she won't fall a victim okay and never open the stinking Gutter in your head that u called mouth to label me with a FRAUDSTER again okay Hiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex-for-grade Harassment In Nigerian Universities / Police Confirm Killing Of 57-year-old Abia Man By Son, Suspect To Be Arraigned / Cult War In Abia State University(graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.